shape
carat
color
clarity

July 2010 Healthy Lifestyle

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I did another pool workout today but this one was more strength oriented. However if I do this routine again I will try to incorporate a pool noodle to make it more challenging. DH and I are going to try to do a pool workout together tomorrow before he goes to hit golf balls. He was a big swimmer growing up, so I'm sure it will all be easy for him but maybe he can teach me a few things.

Marcy,
Love the new car!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy - my nephew and I checked stopped by the Audi dealer today on the to way hubby's tug-of-war competition, and that one is definitely on my list! I looked at a 2010 white with beige interior and the prestige package, and I really liked it. They also had a base 2011 model with pretty much nothing on it, and that's all they had. I didn't have time to test drive it, but the salesman demonstrated all the features for me. It's definitely going on my list to test drive. I may have to ask you questions about Audi ownership if I absolutely love it after I drive it. I hope you had a great road trip!!

appletini - the pool workout sounds fun. I grew up with a nice pool in the back yard and used to be quite a swimmer. I haven't had a bathing suit on in probably 15 years!

It was too dang hot and humid today. My nephew Justin and I stopped to eat at Cracker Barrel and the Audi dealer trying to kill time before heading to Matt's track and field event. We got there at the very end during the tug-of-war event. We stood in the shade to watch, and we were dripping with sweat. Poor Matt had to run in a few races too, and he's zonked out right now in the coolest room in our house. I'll wake him up in a bit and we'll go eat at whatever restaurant Justin picks out. He and I are having a fund day just hanging out. Have a wonderful day tomorrow everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday. We got up about our normal time, showered and headed to Colorado. We had breakfast at Cracker Barrel, dropped off my wedding rings to get sized up a bit. Since it’s been so hot I am having a hard time getting them on in the morning and if I get hot during the day they require a spray of windex to get off my finger. On less warm days they fit fine. I saw a very pretty sapphire ring there but since I was going to look at laptops later I just walked away from the jewelry case.

Then we headed to the mall. Our first stop was the Sony store. The 14” laptop I was interested in is just not that much different than the one I have and I’d have to buy Publisher again and find some way to do labels for my club. I can’t justify $1000 to get a laptop that weighs about 1 pound less and is only about an inch narrower and less deep than the one I have. Then we went to the Apple store. I like the Mac Book Pro but its $1200 and I’d have to buy a lot of software for it. I guess when I need a laptop instead of wanting a laptop I will probably buy the Mac. We wandered around a few other stores then headed to Dave Co Liquor store. This liquor store is huge and I noticed on the wall an article that Guinness World Book of Records says it is the world’s largest liquor store. We stocked up on wine for our wine rack.

After that we went to the Coach Outlet store and I got a small cross body leather bag (sadly off white not pink) and a little billfold. That way I can have something small to use for my keys, iPod, cell phone and driver’s license when I go walking. We had lunch, stopped by the Audi dealer to get our transponder for the toll road then came home. Marty and I went grocery shopping tonight so now I don’t have to go in the morning. I am making low fat lasagna tomorrow.

Deegee, thanks - we both really like the car and enjoyed our road trip. A lower car payment is always a plus. Ouch to getting your scalp burned from an ash. I hope it is better today. It sounds like you are showing your nephew a good time. I am glad you liked the Audi – you looked at the Q5? Some friends of ours have one and love it. Definitely go for the prestige package; the smart key is awesome. I would be glad to answer any questions you have.

Appletini, have fun with your husband swimming tomorrow.

Take care and keep cool. :wavey:
Marcy

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Did another pool workout today. DH swam some laps on his own, he claims he needs some goggles to do the kind of workout he wants, but he did mention meeting at the pool one day after work to swim together. So we might do that on Wednesday weather permitting.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Appletini, I am glad you and your husband got in a great workout in the pool.

I made us waffles for BF and low fat lasagna for lunch. Woo hoo for lunches this week.

I ran some errands today so I got to drive my car. I bought a SD car and copied my music to it and put it in the CD / DVD player in my car so now I have most of my iPod music in the car. I can't used the music bought from iTunes because they put a copyright on it but most of my music is from CD. The SD car works quick too. Very cool feature.

Tomorrow moring is another new week. One more week till vacation. Woo hoo!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy - yes, I looked at the Q5. I hope Matt likes it as much as I did, although he tells me to get whatever I want. I still want him to like whatever I get! Oh - and I have a macbook pro, and I really do like it. I still have been too lazy to figure out how to size pictures to post, and it can do way more than I ever try. My nieces love to get a hold of it when they're here and make movies and slideshows, and other media type things. I just use it to surf the internet.

appletini - glad you and your hubby got in a good pool workout.

We took my nephew home to KY today, and had a birthday party for my sister. It seems like we celebrate a birthday almost every weekend during the summer. My family always does the birthday parties on Sundays so that Matt and I can make it. Next weekend we're celebrating my nephew's 14th birthday, and the following weekend we're heading to Seattle. I can't believe summer has gone by so fast and the kids are starting back to school August 11. Crazy. I had a piece of pizza and a slice of birthday cake with ice cream today, so tomorrow I'll have to get back with the healthy eating. Matt and Lily have both zonked out on me already, which they always do after a day at my mom's playing wiffleball and swimming. I think I'll head to bed too. Good night, and have a great day tomorrow everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I don’t see any reason why Matt wouldn’t like the Q5. I will probably get the Macbook Pro the next time I need a laptop. I really like them. I know it will be a new learning system for me at first. I ordered a pink Toshiba netbook tonight. I wanted to get it before Marty heads to Hong Kong next month. My Sony is only 2 years old but doesn’t have a web camera so I wanted something with a built in webcam. I have a clip on that works but what find it to be a bit annoying. Naturally I ordered a pink case for it as well. Yes, Marty said I could have his netbook but it’s black so why would I want that?

We are getting up about an hour early in the morning and heading downtown for a free pancake breakfast. The new car is staying home in the garage. They usually feed anywhere between 8000 to 12,000 people in 2 hours. It’s very impressive. You get 2 pancakes, 1 piece of ham and coffee. They give the kids milk. There is bottled water almost everywhere so that will be my drink of choice. It’s fun.

Have a great Monday! :wavey:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hooray Marcy!!! I love the new car!! It looks stellar! I'm so glad it all came to a happy ending :appl: :appl: Great job on the negotiation. Totally not worth all the headache and aggravation, but I am happy you got yourself a bit of a deal. So much self control resisting the sapphire, but since you're not getting the laptop, does that mean you can get it? ::)

Deegee, I heard so many nice things about the keratin treatment.That's great that you like it so much. I"m Asian so my hair is already straight but I think it'd be fun to try out the new look if I had curly/wavy hair. :) I totally know what you mean about not having it in you to whip up a meal after getting home. Wow, you're one tall lady! I'm so jealous! I"m a puny 5'2"+. So glad you had fun with your nephew. I'm a huge sucker for fireworks too :)

Beach, let us know how your house stuff is coming. I'm still thinking about you. Good you're going to stay hydrated. On hot runs, it's so important. DO you run with a runnign group or do you just run by yourself? I'll be in Denny 9/25-weekend, so I'll do the long run with you. What's your mileage for that weekend? It's one of my step-backs which is why I planned the trip on that date. I dunno if we'll rent a car or not but I think I can slink off in the AM and do a run with you :)

Today Sis and I ran 12 miles. With the dog too. She did NOT want to run right about mile 7. So we walked a mile then finished off. But probably walked another 2 miles home after the 12 mile end point. I spent the weekend over at Sis's because James was out of town visiting his folks. It was really nice, but I'm happy to be home. Pretty tired after our run, so that's about it for me tonight. Talk to everyone tomorrow.

~Lisa :)

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Deegee,
I got my haircut on Friday and while I was at the salon I found out there is a newer straightening treatment called the Brazilian Blowout where you don't have to wait 3 days to wash your hair, you can wash it right away and they say it doesn't smell bad either. It's supposed to last 12 weeks...I'm seriously considering it. Anyway I wanted to let you know about it for next time.

www.brazilianblowout.com

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey apple, are you going to try that Brazilian Blowout? I think they use some kind of treatment that's similar to Keratin that's supposed to be really healthy for your hair. Let us know how it turns out if you try it :)

Tonight was a rest day :) Hooray! I'm kinda missing all the free time since a lot of my time is now taken up by running. Although I am kinda starting to like it. Today James went to a wake, tomorrow's the funeral. It was a retired coworker's son. I feel really horrible for the family. Such a tragedy. James knew the coworker pretty well so he really feels bad. Aw. :(

Dinner was grilled strip steaks, a snap pea/green pea medley and potato pierogies. Mmmm... I love pierorgies. :) But I determined I like the potato based ones the best.

That's all for me today, catch you all tomorrow.

~Lisa

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I got in a healthy long walk this morning at the pancake breakfast. We walked about 7 blocks to get there and get in line then walked back to the truck. It was pretty good though. We got there at 7, only 2 of my 5 employees showed at close to our designated time so we just got in line. The other 3 were about 30 minutes late but I didn’t see them. They served a little over 8000 people this morning. We made it to work on time too. We took the truck to work instead of the car because with the crowd downtown I didn’t want to take the new car out in that.

Lisa, thanks for the compliment on the car. We just got back from a ride. Marty is having fun on those corners. I am going back to that jewelry store again on Sunday – you never know what I might do. If they had it in ruby I might just trade in my other ruby ring from them but I already have both a WG and YG sapphire ring. Glad you had a nice long run and the dog cooperated for most of it. That is sad to hear about the son of James’ coworker. The admin for the dean I used to teach for lost her son last week. He was 23 and committed suicide. Very sad.

Appletini, that hair straightening sounds great. I always want curlier hair.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening everyone!

marcy - I love your new Coach purse. I need something like that for my trip to Seattle/Vancouver. I don't have time to get to the outlets before I go. I bought a cheapie cross-body bag last year before we went to Disney World, but it didn't hold up so well. I guess I'll have to try to find something this weekend, or I'll be lugging my giant bag around everywhere. That pancake breakfast sounds fun! Why do they do the free pancake thing?

appletini - I'll have to look into that for the next time. I almost didn't have it done because of not being able to wash my hair for 3 days, but I'm glad I did it anyway...even though my plan to stay home for 3 days didn't work out.

lisa - Our new director is 6 ft tall and she loves to wear awesome designer heels, and I feel so short! I think she's the only woman at work who is taller than I am. Did your dog run the whole 12 miles? Last night as we passed our house on mile 2, Lily started tugging to go into the yard. I thought she wanted water, but she ran straight to the porch and stuck her nose firmly on the door. Was that a hint or what? We walk pretty late, usually after 10:30 at night, but it has been so hot and humid the last few weeks. Even the pooch is having a hard time! I'm very jealous of anyone with naturally straight hair. Very jealous!

I was in a meeting for 3 hours this morning and I went into it griping about having to waste my entire morning. They showed a video about distracted driving that was very disturbing but really made everyone stop and think. We also saw a workplace safety video, and had a speaker from the Division of Labor and from our Capitol police force. It was actually a very informative morning and I've been thinking about it all day. I didn't eat all of my points today, but I figure I did so badly yesterday that I can easily stand to go a few days eating really light. We had turkey blt's and salad for dinner, and I had some tasty low sugar cherry vanilla ice cream for dessert. Matt is heading out of town in the morning and will be gone for the next few days. I need to download a good book to occupy my time. Have a great day tomorrow everyone!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Went to my Total Body class yestserday and my glutes are sore. So I went to yoga today to get a good stetch, plus I have my other complimentary PT session tomorrow so I wanted to be good and stretched for it. I can't go to the SLAM class on Thursday so the PT session will be a place holder for it.

It's been rainy all week and won't clear up until Thursday so no evening walks for me.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I was kind of blue today; I don't really know why but I sure wanted chocolate. I had some but didn't go crazy. I guess I need to quit thinking so much, huh?

We had burgers on the grill for supper tonight. We had 96% lean sirloin burgers, 80 cal wheat buns, pickles, ketchup and 1/2 a piece of swiss cheese. Mmm. That was a treat.

Deegee. I think I’ll use the little cross body bag quite a bit. It wasn’t bad for the purse and billfold – I think it came to about $83 with tax. I quit buying the cheapie purses because they’d last for a few weeks then start to fall apart. The pancake breakfast has to do with Cheyenne Frontier Days. It’s the world’s largest outdoor rodeo. It runs for 10 days. They have 4 parades and do 3 free pancake breakfasts. They have rodeos in the afternoon and night shows in the evening. The population more than doubles here that week so I try to avoid a lot of it but we always go to at least one pancake breakfast and watch the Thunderbirds. The pancake breakfast is a practice drill to feed a lot of people during an emergency. They mix up the pancakes in a cement truck and fry them with ham on huge griddles. It is amazing because once they start serving at 7 the lines never quit moving and your food is always hot. Good for you eating light for a few days. Cherry vanilla ice cream sounds great. Do you have a Kindle for you book downloads?

Appletini, yay for getting in some good stretching workouts. We haven’t had any rain her for a few weeks which is abnormal for this time of year.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy - the pancake breakfast sounds really cool. I'd love to see them make them! Especially the cement truck. When you were talking about feeding that many people, I was trying to figure out how they could possibly make enough that fast. Now I know! I can't believe we're flying out next Friday morning. It kind of snuck up on me, and I haven't planned well. Part of the trip is for work and I need some business casual outfits, and the rest is on my own and I need running around and sight seeing clothes. I only bought a few dressier outfits for summer, and I'm hoping they'll do for the business casual occasions. I should have planned an outlet trip, but we definitely don't have time to go this weekend. I'll be heading to our mall with the biggest store being a smallish Macy's. I really need to find a smaller bag that I can use for sight seeing. My purse is so big that I'm afraid they're going to count it as a carry-on for the plane!

appletini - you're a total inspiration with the exercise. Too bad for the days of rain. We have a lot of that here in WV.

Today seemed like short day. Matt was out of town this morning, so I had my car and didn't get to work too early and left right at 5. He usually drops me off early and picks me up late. Tomorrow will be a long day because I'm starting it out with a trip to the dentist for a filling at 7am. Woo-hoo - I know how to start the day right! Matt ended up coming home tonight but is leaving bright and early again in the morning (I think I'm leaving earlier for my dentist appt though). We had crock pot pork roast, potatoes, and veggies for dinner and ice cream for dessert. Have a great day tomorrow everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, good luck at the dentist tomorrow. Have fun shopping for some clothes for your trip. I need to pick up some new clothes myself for our camping trip. I am so looking forward to getting away.

Here is the link for the pancake breakfast and they have a video. The cooks flip the pancakes and boy scouts catch them on big cookies sheets. It's pretty cool to watch.

http://www.cfdrodeo.com/events/pancake-breakfast.aspx

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Evening everyone!!!

Today we did a 6 mile run with the pooch. She was pretty good. I've been noticing she kinda has something sorta like a limp. James thinks i should give her the next week off. He's such a softie...

Deegee, yes she did the whole 12 mile run with us. We walked between mile 7 & 8, then we ran the rest of the 4 miles after that. Then we had like a 2 mile walk home after our stopping point. She was totally pooped. Today she's a little better, but she didn't like me for hte rest of the evening.... :)

Marcy, Mmmm... burgers sounds TASTY! I sent James to do some grocery shopping while I was running and I had to put explicit quantities and explicit amounts (don't pay more than $X for broccoli). Otherwise he'd probably come home with a $200 grocery bill for 1 wk's groceries for two ppl. :rolleyes: Oh yeah, I got a B&N Nook. Well, not really. My company does a loaner program and one of the things available was a B&N Nook. it's NIFTY! I like it!!!!

Apple, Glad you're still hitting your TBT class. Bummer about the rain. Maybe some more yoga will help?

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, big news, one of my dear friends is EXPECTING!!!!!!! I'm so happy for her. I also told James I realize that I think I"ll be ready to TTC next year. He asked "So what brought about this decision?" It's just a feeling I guess. I've learned to just go with my feelings. So I'm glad I'll get this marathon under my belt before we start with the family stuff.

That's all for me.

~Lisa :)

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I haven't even come close to catching up on what's going on around here!

Lisa~ I did see that you're thinking of TTC soon! :appl: How exciting!!!

Our Lily Marie was born on July 14th weighing 9lbs 12oz and measuring 20.5". We had some issues and she ended up in NICU for a couple days but she's home and doing well on meds. For anyone who wants the FULL version, check page 1010 of the Preggo thread.

I'm looking forward to being able to exercise in a month. I'd really like to start some yoga now, but I know I need to wait until I'm fully recovered from my c-section.

And, just because I'm so proud....I'm attaching a pic that was taken a couple days ago. You guys know how hard I was trying to keep my weight gain at a minimum and to stay really healthy during my pregnancy. So, I'm very pleased to say that I'm well under my pre-preggo weight and I think I have a good start on getting to my goal!

eta- OY!! Sorry for being ginormous!!!

ss12postpartum.jpg

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats somethingshiney on baby Lily and being under your pre-preggo weight. That Is AWESOME!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Woo-hoo shiny! Welcome to baby Lily, and you look great!!!!

marcy - I loved the video. I'm looking forward to getting away too, even though part of my trip is for work. I'm so ready to get out of town. Unfortunately I'm expected to take my work laptop with me and do work during the conference days, but I'm turning it off beginning Wednesday at noon and not checking anything again until I return to work the following Monday! I forgot to answer you the other day, I have the kindle. I love it!

lisa - aw, your poor poochie! I'm with James - give her next week off! My neighbor told me that her dog usually sat down during her run after about 4 miles, and she wanted to borrow Lily for a running partner. Congrats to your friend. I have never wanted to have kids, even though I dearly love my nieces and nephews. I think I'm missing the mommy gene.

sdl - while I was in weight loss mode, I wanted to be a certain size by a trip on a certain date. I bought a pair of jeans in that size and then tried them on every single week on weigh-in day. It was a huge motivator for me.

I had my tooth filled this morning, but it didn't go completely numb while he was working on it. He wanted to give me another shot, but the last time he had to give me 2 shots I couldn't feel anything for most of the day. Plus I have now had 11 shots in the same general area within the last month. I told him that I could handle a little pain (owie-it hurt). I had my hair cut and colored by my usual lady last night, and she saw my straight hair for the first time. I had it done at another salon since she doesn't do the process. Anyway, she was really impressed and decided to see about getting trained. She cut some bangs for me, and I had her color my hair darker than usual with a few very subtle highlights. I'm really liking it and am soooo happy I had it straightened. Totally worth the money! Matt got home a few hours ago and we had spaghetti and salad for dinner, and the usual ice cream for dessert. My back is acting ugly today, so I'm not going to walk tonight. I think I'll try to get to bed early. Good night everyone, and have a great day tomorrow!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
SS, Big congrats on beautiful Lily!!! I love the picture of Big Bro & Lil Sis. :) I'm happy to hear everything is going well, and you're enjoying life with the LO. Hooray for being below Pre-preggo weight. Take care of yourself!!! How long do you have off from work?

SDL, hooray for being so close to your goal weight AND for your imminent honeymoon. Fantastic!!!!! So happy to hear you'll be working days soon. Good luck with the diet :) Seems like you're enjoying cooking for you and DH.

Deegee, cool your stylist is really impressed by the Keratin treatment. I'm glad you're liking your new look! Ouch on the dentist trip!! YOu're far braver than I am... I'm a biiiig wimp!!! THe conference sounds like a nice change of pace. Sometimes you just need that.

Today I was totally lazy and didn't run. I might do it tomorrow, but I really hope it rains and cools down. This Saturday we'll be doing 13 miles...

I'm beat, so I'll check in tomorrow.

~Lisa

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your kind words!

Lisa~ I'm a SAHM so I don't have to work! I love it. DH went back to work yesterday. Have fun on your long run!

deegee~ Hope your tooth feels better now!

SDL~ Congrats on your 4lb loss! That's great!!

Everything is going great here. Can't wait to jump back in here soon!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all!! Oh man, what a week! :knockout:
Sooo, we were suppose to find out about the loan last week. Monday rolls around and nothing, Tuesday rolls around, more nothing. I send an e-mail to the lender on Wednesday asking if its even possible to close on FRIDAY (7/30)! I hear nothing... BUT, I did get an e-mail from my current landlord telling me the girl that signed the lease has BACKED OUT! :angryfire: :angryfire: In the end, we are not responsible for August rent, but if we/landlords can't find a renter, we will have to pay a fee for breaking our lease. I'm not too worried; I'm pretty optimistic that we can rent it in one month. We had our final walk through Wednesday at 2pm. Our realtor gets out of his car and says "Great news, your loan is approved!" WHEW! They have "fixed" everything we asked for. Our house was a complete remodel so everything is new. We do need to purchase a washer/dryer, so we've been pricing and looking at those. We'll get a front loading set to conserve water/energy. There is also many rebates to be had w/ energy saving appliances these days.

So, we close tomorrow at noon, and we are moving that afternoon. We just want to be in the house.
My week was filled with frustrations at the grocery store (charging me $15 for my $3 piece of mahi-mahi), my computer not starting at work on Wednesday, etc.

My eats were fine, and I managed to get 4 miles in Tues and Wed, and 8.5 miles in this morning. I wanted to do a 16 miler this weekend, but don't see that happening at all. I have a severe OCD where I have to get everything out of boxes and organized, like THAT day. Fortunately, we don't have many things so the packing/moving/unpacking shouldn't be that bad.

And, I am waaay behind on personals here. I'll try and remember what I've read throughout the week:

SS- CONGRATS on your LO! And WOW, you look amazing! I love seeing after belly photos. It makes me realize that I can look normal after giving birth.

Lisa- TTC in a year!?! :errrr: That's so exciting! Is James on the same page? I don't have my calendar planned for September yet, but at that point I think I'll be going back and forth between 20miles and 16 miles. But, who knows. My marathon training has not been as good as my half training. I honestly don't think I missed one run. It is HARD to train in the summer; just so much going on! We'll definitely get a run in though. :bigsmile:

Marcy- Hello! Your pancake breakfast sounded amazing! How cool that they feed everyone for a drill. Hope you're loving your new car! Did I miss a new Coach purchase??

deegee- Hello! Hope you had a great week! My job isn't too stressful, really. When adult protection is involved, it can get a little messy. I was a counselor for people with severe mental illness, then I worked with the DD population, managing their services. I work for the govt. now playing with the state's money, or lack thereof.

SDL- I don't think we've "met" on this thread before. Hello! And, congrats on those 4 lbs! Keep up the awesome work!

Well, it's my weekend as I'm obv off tomorrow, so I hope everyone has a great weekend!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening everyone! We spent our evening at the vet and almost lost our only remaining kitty tonight. He has thyroid disease and has to have his blood checked a few times a year to make sure he is on the correct dose of medicine. He has to be sedated first because he goes so wild they can't draw blood otherwise. They almost lost him when they sedated him and he had to be revived. Poor little guy. Even Lily has left him alone this evening. It rained really hard today and cooled it down outside. We're getting ready to take our walk and then off to bed. Have a great day tomorrow everyone!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had my "tune up" with the trainer on Wednesday and it was a tough work out...abs and back were sore yesterday. Today I did some exercise in the pool. Hoping to go back tomorrow morning.

SDL, Keep up the good work! Glad to "see" you!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
OMG I *passed* out last night! I didn't even have a chance to sign into PS, let alone check in. I reset our modem (screw you AT&T broadband!) and was out like a light before it even came back on.

Last night had some drinks with Leena's friend from work. It was a lot of fun. Tonight James's friend is coming in from DC and crashing with us. We're going to their favorite bar in the neighborhood. Tomorrow is Sis's BF's 30th, so we'll be doing dinner at an Argentine steakhouse in the nearby neighborhood. Sunday is steaks with James's friend.

This weekend is 13 miles. If I planned a little better I would've signed up for the 1/2 marathon that's being run this weekend. But of course I didn't plan it very well. Oh well, sis and I will run with the running group.

SDL, I'm sure you're going to look hot in your jeans and the Tru Religions reward. I never tried them on are they amazingly fantastic? I hear good things about Paige Denim too, have you tried those? 5 lbs is awesome! Keep it up!!! How's DH doing too? It's great you guys are doing this together, you can really keep each other going. Where are you going in Oct?

SS, I didn't know you were a SAHM. That's awesome. How's Lily doing?? How's JT adjusting to being a big brother? Awwww!!!! I love the pic of the two of them in the preggo thread. You look LOVELY in your pic! I'm glad you're keeping us company!

Beach, good luck with the moving!! Hope it goes smoothly. Big bummer that your renter backed out. GROAN! What a pain!!!! I hope you guys can rent out the apt. Well, the whole TTC thing is a TBD. But I think James is on the same page. I think he's just waiting for me to be OK with it.

Deegee, hugs for your kitty!!!! Oh no!! I'm glad he's OK. Aw, so sweet Lily gave him the night off . ha ha.

~Lisa

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I walked for hour around the neighborhood this morning as my final workout for the month. I'm glad I kept an exercise log this month, because I exercised a total of 24 days this month and 1040 minutes! Hopefully in August I can keep up with that record.

I can't believe August is tomorrow. Where did the summer go? But in reality it will still be summer for awhile. Be thinking about your goals for August.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. We’ve been busy with “rides” and doing things around the house. I was on my feet from 7:30 to 12:30 then from 2:30 to 7:00. I am going to get some advil once I decide to move again. I also have been busy playing with my new pink netbook. I sure enjoy like it.
Eats have been bad the last few days since we have been eating out quite a bit. I am sure I burned off a few calories today though.
Appletini, congratulations on 24 days of exercise this month and putting in so many hours working out.
San Diego Lady; it’s good to see you here. Good for you avoiding cake, ice cream and tacos. Congratulations on losing 5 pounds, you will look smashing in your expensive jeans.
Lisa, stupid broadband, huh? I was up last night adding email addresses to my netbook and was up till 12:45. Marty got up at 6:30. Short night so I am yawning right now. It sounds like you have a busy weekend planned! Have fun. Good luck in the race. I had to smile about giving James specifics on grocery shopping because that sounds so familiar to me. I was very interested in the Nook but ventured off towards other pink electronics. I just don’t read much anymore. How exciting for your friend.
Deegee, I hate to hear about your kitty. How cute even Lily knew to leave him alone. I hope the kitty is doing better
now. I am glad you enjoyed the video on the pancake breakfast. Good plan shutting your laptop off for a few days. Marty has the Kindle too and really likes it. How exciting to have a beautiful new hairdo. I hope your back it better.
Somethingshiny, congratulations on the birth of Lily! How awesome you are at pre-pregnancy weight.
Hi Danielle.
Beach Runner, sounds like you had a few frustrating days waiting to hear on your house but congratulations on everything finally coming through. Good luck moving and best wishes for much happiness and health in your new house. I got a small Coach purse and mini billfold to use when I walk. It’s a cross body bag.
See you later!
Marcy

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!!!

So I tried to do 13 miles on Saturday but I had a REALLY bad pain in my lower back, so Sis and I shelved the 13 miles this weekend and we'll try again next weekend. I'll be doing it in Providence, RI. James and I are going to a wedding. The dog has been quite the trouble maker these past few weeks. I broke James's heart by telling him I'm going to start crating her again whenever we're out of the house. He was very much against it. I explained to him that crating is no a bad thing, it helps the dog tremendously and she'll get much better from it. He'll let me do it, but he's still very sad about it. But her not being crated is kind of the reason why she's pulling things off the counter and stuff.

Marcy, yes, my broadband is SO STUPID! AT&T keeps adding "distance" on my line which degrades the signal. In the middle of Chicago, 7 miles from the main junction, they adding 20+ miles in the loop. When I used to work from home, it was impossible to work some days. Glad you're having fun with your pink netbook! Awesome. :)

Apple, hey there! How's the TBT classes going? How many sessions do you have with your trainer? Totally agree with you about summer being too short

SDL, I think Tru Religions will look awesome on you!!! How's DH working with the plan?

~Lisa

uklfstyle

Rough_Rock
i'll begin my "test" mounth from now,if its not too late:p

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results