shape
carat
color
clarity

July 2010 Healthy Lifestyle

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for explaining what the noodles and shot blocks are. I know I must have had those noodles before, but I never knew what they were called.

So I'm completely addicted to carbs, and I can't seem to stop eating them. This is not good. I bought a ton of fruit the other day, which is great, but they're still carbs. I need to get my act in gear. My goal for this week is to make it to our little gym in our condo development. I want to do that and go to the pool. We have a fabulous pool, and it's actually kind of large compared to other complex's pools I've seen. It's not Olympic-sized or anything but it should do. Every little bit of exercise helps, right?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe, every little bit of exercise does help. Going to the gym sounds like a great idea.

We are enjoying the last bit of our weekend. It was really hot here today so our AC has been running non-stop. We went out to see Marty's parents for awhile. I made low fat homemade mac and cheese for lunch today so we'll have that for lunch tomorrow.

I hope they call me in the morning and say my car is in. My in-laws said they'd run us down there to pick it up. I am glad because that way Marty has to drive it home in traffic and not me.

Laters :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday! I just ate my fresh fruit bowl. Yay for a healthy start to my day. I hope my car gets in today - if you could send me some PS dust on that I would appreciate it. I just want to get this all behind me.

Have a great day! :wavey:
Marcy

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

Marcy -- I hope you get your car soon. A new car sounds exciting. I'd love to get one but we're going to run both of ours into the ground before we begin looking. I keep dreaming of the ones I want to test drive though. :bigsmile:

I'm planning on going to a sporting goods store today to look at stability balls. I've used them at the gym and at my PT appointments, and I really like them. I'm hoping that if I get one, I'll think of exercising at home as fun. Here's hoping!

We're also debating about joining the Y in our area. We used to belong to a fantastic club that had everything under the sun, and I loved working with a trainer. We ended up moving, and while we're back in the general area again, that club is now 45 minutes away. I'm not sure what we'll do yet, but it's been fun to go gym shopping.

I was hoping to get some swimming in today but it's very cloudy, and thunderstorms are in the forecast.

Have a great day everyone!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I did Jillian's yoga melt down yesterday and went to my Total Body Training class today...great workout! Tomorrow's plan (weather permitting) is to walk/jog with a girl I know who lives nearby.

Zoe, I want to start swimming. I ordered a sports bikini that should be delivered on Thursday so I'm hoping to test it out this weekend.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I am getting more stressed and anxious. This is driving me crazy. I had to call my salesman about 4 and his answer was “I don’t know where it is. We called the trucking company but they haven’t returned the call yet”. He can’t give me a call and let me know that? Next car we buy will not be from this dealer. I don’t want to get him in trouble or fired but I have already found the online corporate headquarters email address. Marty is being cool and calm and just gathering more data for the final deal but seriously I could just scream.

On the way to work today Marty bet me a dollar I wouldn’t get my car today. He stopped by my office at 4 and asked me for my dollar. He put it on his bulletin board with his other dollars he acquired from what he calls “foolish bets.”

I got a call from a local appliance store where we bought our refrigerator and they said they had my produce drawer in to pick up. So we ran over there at 5 after work and Marty said they won’t be open so I bet him double or nothing and you guessed it – the store was closed already so now I owe him $2.00 more. Rats.

We tried a new pizza place downtown tonight. I ordered 2 pieces of cheese pizza and brought one home. It was pretty good and not too greasy. The guy waiting on us said they were small but they weren’t. Marty fed me wine too; he said I needed it.

Zoe, thanks for the thoughts on my car. My dad is a mechanic by trade so I am used to having any car problems fixed immediately. I guess that is why this seems to drag on forever. Car shopping is fun. When we went shopping 5 years ago we test drove pretty much everything. Made a list and notes on all of them then narrowed it down to 4 cars we liked. We then picked 8 categories that were important to us and each of us got to give each of the 4 cars a point from 1 to 4 in each category. The Audi won by 1 point. This time we didn’t even shop around but I think that is more because my car is dead and we couldn’t go from dealer to dealer. It is fun to go test drive all the cars though. Good idea to drive your cars until they die. May as well get every bit out of them that you can. I hope your found a balance ball and can find a gym you like. The Y is always a good idea too.

Appletini, enjoy your walk / job tomorrow. I went on 2 walks at work today.

Take care.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......And FINALLY......I actually tried to write in last week, but for whatever reason, PS 2.0 didn't wouldn't let me sign in. I am glad it's not somethig wrong with me........

So, it's been a wicked couple weeks for me. Since being given additional responsibilities, my work schedule has been just crazy. I'm often still at work after 7 PM, and it's definitely put a crimp in my gym schedule. And by the time I finally got to the gym Saturday, I was a bit stressed out and about 1/3 into my workout, I pulled a muscle in my back. It was really annoying, not to mention painful. So, while Charlie continued his workout, I sat in the Sauna and was angry with myself. Otherwise, the weekend was decent. We live right next to the trolly line (cable cars) and we took our first trolly ride from our new home to Ybor City and had a really nice dinner at a new restaurant called Buddah Lounge. It's a mix of Thai, Chinese and Japanese and the food was outstanding and extremely affordable. NO dish is over $9.50. We had coffee after dinner and just watched people walk by. My back is better today and I plan (at least I'm going to do my best) to go to the gym tomorow night. Until my back is fully recovered, my workout will require modification, but it will actually heal faster if I exercise.

I'm sorry for not being able to say hey to everyone individually, but there just isn't enough time to respond to so many posts since my last checkin........I am sorry to see about your car woes Marcy. And Car Salespeople wonder why they don't have the most stellar reputation..........And hey Zoe, it's nice to see you and hear you've moved back to your home state and I hope you're enjoying your new condo a lot.....And I don't know who mentioned Wicked, but we've seen it twice now and it's really really great!

Now that I can sign in again, I'll try to pop in more often. Hello to everyone I didn't say hello to individually.......

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am delighted to see you post. Sorry to hear you are working so many hours. I hate to hear you hurt your back; I hope it gets better soon. Your dinner sounds great; the cuisine Marty would love. Yes, I understand how salesmen get a bad reputation.

I did get a call from my salesman about 10:30. He said he talked to the trucking company and the car won't get there until Friday. I emailed Marty and his response was "what's his number". Marty called him and politely pointed out that while this has been a series of mishaps many out of his control we are dealing with him not a trucking company, other dealers, etc and he is wore out of this. Marty told him either we get free shipping now or we'll get our car fixed and go deal somewhere else. The salesman called him back in about an hour and we get free shipping and they are giving Marty some Audi shirts. Hopefully we can get the car Friday and be done with this mess. I even wore metallic silver nail polish today.

Laters, :wavey:
Marcy

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had a lunch meeting today so I went for a 30 min walk when I got home.

Marcy, sorry to hear about the car drama but glad that marty put them in their place.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all! Man, I'm behind.
Same old with me. I'm super stressed with this house. We finally found a renter who is suppose to sign a lease tomorrow, BUT, our loan still hasn't gone into underwriting. SO, our closing date is 7/30, but who knows. If we rent our apt. for an Aug.1 lease, and we don't close on the house until after, I don't know what we'll do. Live in a hotel, and rent a storage unit? UGH!

My running is going well; I wanted to do 16miles on Saturday, but I had an awful run and only made it to 13miles. When I got home my husband told me it was already 90 degrees, so no wonder I was dying on my run. I got 4 miles in today along with WT. Tomorrow is 8 in the am.

Marcy- It sounds like you and I need to get together for an extra large cocktail! Between your car mess and this house...oof! I'm glad they gave you free shipping, but still, ridiculous!

Hi Rod! Sorry your work schedule is soo hectic. The new restaurant sounds wonderful! Yummy! When I'm stressed and/or angry, its actually harder for me to run well. (Moreso when I'm angry). I hope your back feels better soon!

zoe- I love my stability ball. There are so many exercises you can do with it.

apple- Hello! :wavey: Sounds like you're getting a lot of good workouts in! I too need a new swimsuit. The downfall of running is the loss of fat you don't want to lose (butt and boobs). I can barely keep my suit on. Boo. My husband is also bummed about it ;))

Hello Lisa! How was Houston?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Appletini, I didn’t get to my walk today but I did wander the halls a lot. I was glad Marty finally called the dealer and we got some concessions.

Beach Runner, sorry the house closing is going slow. Glad you found a renter. When we bought our house we were in the same boat. We’d sold our place, had to move out and we hadn’t been approved at the bank. Our realtor actually called the bank and worked on them. We sold our house in the morning then closed on our new house that afternoon. We certainly need some cocktails all right.

I logged on to our car account tonight and just had to just laugh. They had paid the loan off last week but now the last 4 payments are back in there but the account name is under Michael instead of Marty. At this point all I can do is laugh. :lol:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy all!

marcy - gosh, I can't believe how much trouble you're having with the car! Hopefully you'll forget all the troubles once you get it and start driving around. I pulled in next to a Q5 at the salon last week, which was great because I could get a good idea of its size next to my car. I'm just like you with your Audi - when I bought my first Infiniti, I test drove a bunch of cars, researched a bunch and decided on the Infiniti. I replaced it 3 years later with another Infiniti without even test driving anything else! Matt thinks I'm making a mistake by getting a small SUV and getting rid of my sporty car, but he doesn't want to drive my car full-time either. It's fun to drive, but it's too dang small! I love Marty's foolish bets board. That' s cute!

rod - I hate that you hurt your back. Speedy recovery wishes too you! Don't work too hard - that can't be good for your back.

appletini - do you take your walks outside? Hubby said he walked from his hotel to a restaurant 15 minutes away (in Houston) and thought he was going to pass out from the heat. He's a wimp when it comes to heat.

beachrunner - house buying is just plain stressful! Matt and I sold our house way faster than we thought when we moved from Ohio to WV and we had to be out at closing. We were moving into a brand new apartment in WV, and Matt stopped by after work every day to check on the progress. The day we arrived to move in, they were laying the carpet and installing light fixtures. It all worked out, but was definitely a stress at the time. Moving from the apartment to the house was awesome because our house was vacant when we bought it. Best of luck to you and your hubby!

Hi zoe! I have a stability ball that my chiropractor insisted I buy, and I have yet to use it. I even bought an exercise tape to go with it, but I just can't get motivated to use it. I'm such a klutz, I'm afraid I'll fall off and hurt myself somehow! You had asked about giving up carbs... I can't give up any certain food because I fixate on that food and want nothing else. I lost 65 pounds by eating whatever I want, but everything in moderation. I keep a food journal every day to make sure I'm not overdoing it on any one thing. Unfortunately this is chocolate week, and I've been craving it BAD!!!!

I took the plunge last week and had my hair straightened (a Brazilian Keratin treatment). I decided that I lost a bunch of weight, and it was time to do some things just for me. I love that I can go outside at lunch right now and my hair doesn't go nuts! It's awesome!!!! I also went to the Clinique counter, and the nice lady helped me pick out makeup that I'm very pleased with. Next week I'm getting my haircut and I'd like to try out a new color. I just don't know what's up with me - I've never done anything like this before. It's pretty fun, actually! I had my 8 & 10 yr old nieces last weekend. We shopped, went go-carting and miniature golfing, and then the kids had Uncle Matt a birthday party on Sunday which included swimming and a wiffleball tournament. My 14 yr old nephew is coming to stay this weekend, and he wants to go car shopping with me. I love it when the kids come to hang out, and I'm happy to return them on Sundays! Have a wonderful day tomorrow everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, how fun to get your hair straightened, a new hairdo and new makeup. It is a good time to change things up and do things just for you. I use Clinque too and really like it. It sounds like you had a great time with your nieces and I am sure you’ll have a blast with your nephew. He should like car shopping with you. I really liked the Q5; it was pretty roomy upfront and I like how high it sets compared to a car. I am with you on using a stability ball; I can picture myself flying off that thing; I think it is safer for me not to try. I have been craving chocolate bad this week. I know it is stress. I honestly am just laughing about the car saga now. It’s like everything that could go wrong has. I think once we get it home I’ll let it set in the garage for a week just to be safe. I would like a small SUV but I think Marty didn’t want to give up his sports car. If Matt doesn’t drive your car much he probably doesn’t care. Maybe you’ll get a new car soon too.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
deegee,
Yes I do my walks outside even if its really hot. I walk around the neighborhood, I like the chaning scenery, and I get to check out landscaping ideas. I call it neighborhood stalking.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey folks!!!

Marcy, I'm so sorry to hear all this ridiculous-ness going on with your car. AWESOME Marty was able to get free shipping and lay the smack down on this dealer. I hope everything else is smooth sailing from here on out. Pizza sounds delish. :)

Apple, great workouts! We didn't catch Wicked, but we went over to Sugarland for some dim sum. It was quite tasty. Then we did some shopping @ Galleria. Poor sis, all her clothes got stained in the wash, my mom had a magenta color blouse that apparently bleeds. All her clothes were garbage. We had Chinese food for dinner and met up family friends for Indian brunch. The brunch was just meh. We went to Indika. The food was pretty good I guess, but I was hankering for some "down home" Indian food. it was more Indian-fusion.

Beach, Houston was great. I didn't get my 7 mile in.... :(sad My alarm didn't go off. But Sis and I did our run today and it went pretty well. We did it a lot faster than normal, I guess I was pushing us to go a little faster because I needed to be home by 7:30ish. We had to cut it short by like .25 miles. Not a huge loss. Sorry to hear your runs have been icky. :( Make sure you're hydrating before your runs too. I find it hard to drink so much water first thing in the AM, but I've been making myself do it for my long AM runs.

Rod, Sorry to hear work's been a bear. And about your back. Ouch! I hope it gets better. I'm sure the sauna was nice, but don't beat yourself up too much.

Zoe, the Y sounds like a great idea. I guess it can't hurt to try it out for a few weeks. Maybe they'll give you a trial membership?

Deegee, awesome you're doing all this stuff just for you.You totally deserve it! I've heard good things about the keratin treatment. Do you like it??? I did some make up shopping iwht my mom too. I love makeup shopping it's always fun. :)

Our run went OK. A little short, and a little quicker pace than normal. TOmorrow we'll run iwth the dog. Tonight's dinner was grilled veal chops and ravioli. James said he feels bad about veal, but it was tasty. So I guess I'll just pass on getting veal from now on... I usually don't get it but it was a good price at Costco.

That's all for me for now. :)

~Lisa

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marty had a reminder go off on an appointment at work so I am up early. He has a dentist appointment at 7 and then will have to stop back by the house and pick me up. I think I'll eat my fresh fruit out of a bowl instead of a baggie since I'll be a little late for work.

Appletini, neighborhood stalking – LOL. One of the little girls that lives by me complains if I have my headphones on because she wants to talk to me. She's pretty funny; I think she is about 4.

Lisa, I have to admit I am getting less impressed with this company all the time. Hopefully by Saturday afternoon I’ll be enjoying our new car so much I can put it all behind me. It sounds like you had a nice time in Houston. I hated to hear about your sister’s clothes getting ruined. Marty would have loved the Indian food. Have fun running with the dog today. I have never tried veal but will probably sometime since I have to quit eating chicken and chicken parmesan is my favorite dish at an Italian restaurant. I figure if I try the veal it might be a nice substitute that won’t make me sick.

Have a great Wednesday!
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I am setting here finishing my wine. Mmm. We had burgers on the grill for supper and we had 80 calorie wheat buns with a little swiss cheese. They were tasty.

Marty is off to corporate tomorrow so I will bum a ride home with a friend.

I hope you had a great day. It was rainy this afternoon so we wandered the halls instead of walking outside.

Marcy

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!
So, we rented our apartment; its official! I spoke with my TWO lenders to ensure they know we MUST close on 7/30. I spoke to my realtor and made sure he knew how imperative it was as well. Progressive, our insurance company called and said they were contacted by the lender, so I'm glad they've started our application. I don't have too much to check on (debt or assets), and the lender said it will hopefully be done by tomorrow or Friday. So, any extra home dust would be appreciated!

I got my 8 miles in this am; it was hot, but manageable. I did yoga tonight; it was "twisting yoga" so it really stretched my obliques. It felt great. I made tilapia and steamed broccoli for dinner. Our grocery store hasn't had the best selection of fish, so I'm having to settle for Tilapia. I know they feed off of other fishs' waste, but oh well.

Once we move, I won't have the weight machines or the TM in case it's raining. Oh well, I have a gym at work, so I guess I'll start doing my weights right after work. Could be worse...

Marcy- Wine and burgers, yummy! I can not wait until we hear about this house. I am going to consume the biggest celebratory martini ever!

deegee- The house we're moving into is a remodel and the current owner does not live there either. I'm just nervous about the underwriting. I got approved for about 20k more from BoA, so I should be OK. Right, right!? :errrr: So awesome you treated yourself to a little makeover! Everyone needs pampered once in awhile!

Lisa- I'm glad you had fun in Houston! Bummer about your sis's clothes. I admit, when I run in the mornings, I drink a half cup of coffee, and some shredded wheat with peanut butter, and don't consume that much water. Stupid me didn't even carry water with me today, and by mile 7 I was contemplating sticking my face in someone's sprinkler. The heat is slowing me down; its rough. I can't wait for cooler temps. Ahh!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beach Runner, it sounds like you are moving in the right direction on the house and woo hoo for renting your apartment. We have progressive for our car insurance. Mega PS dust coming your way. I think you deserve a monster martini after you get everything worked out and you are moving in to your new home. :appl:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness what a hump day! Thank God it's downhill from here. Work was pretty okay. My boss has me on 2 high visibility projects so that's pretty cool. Then Sis and I went for our run. It was HOT & HUMID out :knockout: It was slow goings at first but we got into the rythym, just kinda ran out of time, so we cut it about .75 mile short. James picks me & the pooch up from Sis's house and he is in a BAD mood! Kinda bad day at work for him, then traffic was bad, so he didn't get to work out, blah blah blah, he's in a bad mood. And guess who gets to deal with Mr. Bad Attitude for the rest of the evening? Not that he was mean to me but he was just so wrapped up in himself and his bad mood I totally felt ignored. ANNOYING! So I text Sis and all my girlfriends and made me feel better. Hooray for girlfriends!

Beach, BE CAREFUL about running without water! Bad bad BeachRunner! "I will promise to take water on any runs longer than 30 mins." I can't wait for cooler temps either but I was sad that it was already dark at 8:30 tonight. Waaah! I don't want summer to end. And of course BIIIIG congrats on the progress for you house!!! Big PS Dump truck of house dust heading your way. Beep, beep, beep :bigsmile:

Marcy, Mmmmm wine. I'm saving my wine quota for Girls' Night on Friday. :) We're doing Paella with some tapas apps. Yay! I hope int he next 2 days you'll be crusing in your new car and forgetting about all the pain in the butt you've been through. DUST DUST DUST.

Time to take the dog out.... G'nite folks!

~Lisa

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening everybody!

Lisa - so far I love the keratin treatment. I have had my hair straightened lots of times over the years, but it has never behaved as nicely as it is now. It's so soft and healthy looking, for once! My hair is really curly and I have always had to use a lot of product to flatten it down some, so it always felt like straw. Work is funny - people keep following me in my office because they weren't 100% sure it was me they saw, and everyone that has stopped by has had to feel my hair. It cracks me up! I'm sorry James had a crappy bad day. That makes for a lousy evening!! Matt gets in moods like that sometimes and I just want to smack him. Like I never have a bad day at work?????

Beach - Lots of house dust coming your way! I'm excited for you and hope everything goes smoothly, and you'll be enjoying that martini before you know it. Matt walked through a sprinkler at the edge of someone's yard the other day while we were taking our walk. We didn't know them, but luckily we live in a pretty friendly neighborhood. They laughed. The humidity is killer! Our neighborhood is exactly a one mile circle, with about 1/3 of it going up a pretty steep hill. One nice thing is that we can always stop back by the house after each mile to grab a water if we're about to pass out from heat!

marcy - Matt doesn't drive my car often. His knees touch the dashboard and his head rubs the sunroof, and for some reason he doesn't want me to get rid of the car. Men! Too bad you have to bum a ride tomorrow, but you'll be riding around in style soon. I'm really looking forward to my nephew coming up, but I'm still a little tired from having the girls all last weekend. I never got to unwind. I wonder how parents do it! I was exhausted by Sunday.

We finally made it to the grocery store tonight after work, and I spent an eternity cutting up fruit and putting it into little bowls and chopping up stuff for salads for the next few days. We ordered pizza for dinner, but it wasn't very good and I decided not to waste too many calories on dry cardboard pizza and had a big salad and chocolate ice cream instead. I think I could make ice cream my meal any day. It stopped raining long enough for us to take our walk, but wow was it ever humid! I'm off to bed - have a great day tomorrow everyone!!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Beach, good luck with the house and ditto what lliang said about the water. Stay hydrated! I always take a bottle of water with me even if I'm just going for a walk.

Deegee, I heard you can't wash your hair for 4 days with that stuff is that true?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday. I hope you had a great day.

Lisa, glad your sis and girlfriends were able to cheer you up. LOL at “Beep, beep, beep.” Thanks for the dust on my car. Someone today said something like – after all this I hope the car is okay when it gets here. I wanted to smack him. Have fun at your girl’s night out.

Deegee, too cute people want to touch your hair. That is nice to have a mile to walk the neighborhood. Matt must be tall like Marty. I am with you that hanging out with kids all day can wear you out. I guess if you are used to it then it’s not as bad. I understand why my mom used to make us stay outside and play when it was nice outside.

Appletini, I pack water with me everywhere.

Have a great evening. :wavey:
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
appletini - I couldn't wash my hair for 72 hours. Yuck! I had it done on last Friday morning and was able to wash it Monday before work. Friday and halfway through Saturday it was fine, but Saturday night and Sunday were rough. I had planned to stay home the whole weekend, but my niece begged to come & stay so we had to take her to do fun things, and then they had Matt's birthday party on Sunday. It was originally scheduled for the week before, but was postponed because my dad was in the hospital. If my hair stays straight for a few months, it will totally be worth it and I'll definitely have it done again.

marcy - Matt is tall, but Marty looks taller than Matt in your pictures! Matt is 6'4 and I'm 5'9. We're not small people. I never thought about it, but you're probably right about why parents send kids out to play when its nice outside. Matt's mom used to lock him and his brothers out of the house when they were kids to get them out of her way for a while. (She's not a nice lady) My niece decided to tag along this weekend again, so I'll have 2 kids. They'd better let me sleep in on Saturday!

Today dragged on and on at work, and then Matt called when he should have been picking me up to tell me he'd be late. I ended up working an extra 2 hours. Boo! But I did get a lot done since only a few people were there. Dinner was pretty pathetic tonight (like it has been all week). Matt had leftover cardboard pizza and I had a pimento cheese sandwich. Slim pickings around this place! I'm not feeling especially peppy tonight so we may end up not walking and I'll head to bed early. I'm exhausted this week for some reason...I blame the kids! Have a wonderful Friday everyone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, that would be hard not to wash your hair for 4 days. I am glad it is worth it. Marty is 6’4” too but he probably looks taller because I am just shy of 5’4”. My mom wasn’t mean but she sure wanted us outside instead of setting around the house. Of course she is also they type that if you were lounging around and mentioned being bored she’ll find you something to do. I hope you get to sleep in on Saturday. Sorry to hear you are tired this week; I hope you catch up on some sleep this weekend.

Tomorrow is Friday. The day my car is “supposed” to show up. I don’t know if we’ll get it tomorrow or Saturday. I swept the garage tonight. When Marty got home he asked me about it; I said I wanted the new car to come home to a nice, clean garage.

Marty had to go to a few meetings in Denver this afternoon and got stuck behind an accident so he went and ate at one of his favorite Cajun seafood restaurants and then got back on the interstate.

Have a great Friday.
Marcy

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Today is my Friday off so I started my day with a 30 minute pool workout. It was a 5 min warmup, 20 min alternating walking/walking lunge laps while fanning your arms through the water, and then doing swim stroke laps in between. The breaststroke is the only one I can do remotely well. I need to improve on the backstroke and freestyle b/c I can't make it all the way across and back, but hopefully I can soon. Then I had a 5 min cooldown.

I'm hoping to try another swim workout routine tomorow morning. I am also loving my new sports bikini that I ordered.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We picked up our car and we are pretty darned happy with it. We like the color better than we would have imagined. It looks blue sometimes, green sometimes, silver or gray. Marty drove it home the 50 miles from the dealer. We picked up his truck and I got to drive the car home from there. We took Marty's parents to dinner after we picked up the car so we had a nice evening with them. Tomorrow we are going on a road trip. Sweet.

Appletini, I hope you enjoyed a day off from work. When we stopped by my parents house tonight to show them the car my mom was out for her evening walk. She is one determined lady. The race for the cure is in 3 weeks so I bet she'll do fine walking a mile.

Without further ado - here is my new car. I asked my salesman if he was as glad as I was that this is finally over. The owner's son, the manager and the man we signed the papers with were all very apologetic about the delays and snafus along the way. I told our salesman he had not lost a customer. He threw in a golf shirt for Marty, cleaned the floor mats out of my old car, threw in a cargo net for the trunk, the tank was full of gas and my payments are $50 less. :appl:

newaudi.jpg

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Woo hoo, Marcy!! I really like that color as well! The car itself isn't too shabby either ;))

I was busy at work today, oof. One of my clients got pulled from their home due to unsafe living conditions. So, I was working with APS (adult protection) all day to find this guy placement. Fortunately, I found temp. placement in a nursing home. I was running around all afternoon, and came home and had to finish up work at home.

Today is a rest day. Tomorrow's high is 76! I keep checking to see if it's a mistake. I'm so excited that I don't have to wake up early to get my miles in. This weekend I have an 8mi and a 12mi. I may do my 12 tomorrow if it's that cool out!

deegee- I hear it's going to be brutally hot this weekend. Eek, stay cool!

Lisa- Ok, Ok.. I. must. hydrate ;)) And thanks for the loads of dust! I think we'll hear something on Monday; my lender said we can schedule our closing appt. on Monday. sooooo, we'll see! Hope it's not too hot for your runs! I hate when my hubs comes home in a bad mood. Oof. He usually gets home pretty late, and I'm falling asleep on the couch, so I just pretend like I'm sleeping! ;))

Have a good weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Beach Runner. You might see us zipping around Denver this weekend. It will be nice to have a little lower temperatures tomorrow. It was 95 in Ft. Collins tonight. Mega PS dust coming your way for housing news on Monday.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Awesome marcy! Beautiful car!!! Congratulations and I hope you absolutely love it. I'm glad everything worked out and your payment is a little less. Have a blast on your road trip!

beachrunner - your job sounds stressful. Did you do the same type of work when you lived back east? We had a heat advisory today and there's one for tomorrow too. Unfortunately Matt is his company's YMCA Corporate Cup organizer and he has to participate in a few races and tug of war tomorrow. My nephew and I had planned to go watch, but if it is miserable I think we'll find something else to do.

My niece ended up getting in trouble and not being able to come visit, so my nephew came alone. We went to the WV Power baseball game and sat out in the 96 degree heat and 91% humidity. They lost, but it was fireworks night so it was worth it sitting there in the heat. A little piece of ash fell on my head and burned my scalp. This isn't the first time that has happened, so you'd think I would sit a little farther back. I'm such a sucker for fireworks! Have a wonderful day tomorrow everyone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results