shape
carat
color
clarity

July 2010 Healthy Lifestyle

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I slept about 4 hours. Rats. I was too hyped up last night to get sleepy then we woke up about 6:30 as usual.

Last night we went to see Knight and Day. It was a pretty good movie. It had some funny / cute spots. We had the usual popcorn, soda and a little chocolate. When we got home I mixed us up both an Alka Seltzer cocktail to soothe our complaining stomachs since we are so used to eating like that.

I made breakfast, went grocery shopping and have been working on laundry. I ran over and visited my parents for awhile and we are meeting a friend for lunch.

Beach Runner, thanks for the tip on the Dell laptop deal. I will have to check it out. Copper cookware and a new leather tote sound nice. I hope you have fun at the BBQ if you decide to go. They are always fun. I would say you deserve a massive martini after you buy a house. It is such a chore. I haven’t been to the Aurora mall for about 8 years and I wasn’t very impressed then either. We like Cherry Creek and Flat Irons.

Appletini, glad to hear you got your walk jog this morning. I’ll feel better once I sign on the dotted line and get my new car home.

Laters, :wavey:
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 4 hours of sleep has certainly caught up with me. I am going to go get ready for bed now. I hope I sleep well but Marty is getting up early to take off for the airport. Sleep is so elusive in our home.

We had fun visiting with our friend at lunch then went out to check out a site for our big star party. We have to move because where we usually go is being used for equipment to remove dead trees that have been killed by beetles. It is sad to see so many trees die and need cut down.

We watched some movies tonight and I did the astronomy newsletter.

Have a great Monday.

I am off to :snore:
:wavey:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi All!

It's been a busy summer for us so far. We recently moved back to our home state after a year of living in the south. We're happy to be home, and we're finally feeling settled in our new condo. We had company staying with us for a week, and they just left on Saturday. It's fun but exhausting to be the host! We had fun though. We ate out for most meals, so now it's time to get back in gear and eat better.

I hurt my back a month ago, and I'm going to physical therapy twice a week. I can't say it's helping much once I get home, so that's been frustrating.

Question for you all: How do you steer away from carbs? They're my biggest downfall. What's a good do-to meal or snack to choose? I'm getting a little tired of almonds and string cheese. I've just begun to track what I eat every day on a database that my husband created, and I'm already over on my carbs today. My goal is 60% carbs and I'm at 64%. I'd say it will probably even out with dinner, but I will most likely have carbs (brown rice probably) with dinner and for dessert (a WW chocolate covered raspberry ice cream bar).

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had a conference call during lunch today so I didn't get to go to my TBT class but I did do my walk/jog routine when I got home to make up for it. I will have to do the same tomorrow.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!!!

Michigan was super nice!!! James and I went on a 17 mile bike ride. I suck on hills and it was moderately hilly. I led going out, and James led coming back. Whenever he's in front it's a plus and minus. Plus, I can draft off him, so it's easier, BIG minus he always takes off without me if I ever drop back. I suck at hills so he always got WAAAAY ahead of me. But I dunno if I have a better weight/efficiency ratio but I can always beat him by the time we get to downhills. But still I spent about 1/2 mile biking all by myself. Mean husband! Leaving behind his wife. :)

This weekend Sis and I are visiting our mom in Houston. Yesterday we did a 10 mile run. It was AWFUL! We tried these shot blocks that TOTALLY messed with our stomaches! We had to walk like the last 15 mins. OMG it was horrible! We decided we're just going to stick with candy for the carb pick me up.

Marcy, I'm glad you got a car you like. It's nice to already know how to drive it. Can you plug in your iPad? Hee hee. it'd be funny watching someone playing with an iPad while you're stuck in traffic.

Beach, It's SOO nice to be able to sleep in! I miss it! But I'd rather run early when there's less traffic than run around when it's crowded. Chicago gets really crowded in the summer with sidewalk cafes and congestion that it's toally worth waking up early to get our run in. I do miss sleeping in though... How was the pig roast? I love smoked pork too. Mmmmm :)

Zoe, sounds like you do a good job subbing simple carbs for complex ones. I kinda are more carb heavy now, but maybe fix yourself snacks of veggies, edamame, or maybe other types of cheese? Like veggies & goat cheese, or maybe a soup? Just a thought. Glad you're getting settled in your place.

Apple, good to hear you're still doing TBT classes. Bummer you had to miss it but sounds like you've been keeping up with the work outs. :)

Dinner tonight is stir fry with bean thread noodles. Way low carb but doesn't seem that way. Sis and I are going to hit Target and James has a hockey game.

~Lisa

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Monday!
I had a good weekend. Sunday morning I got my 14 miles in, which wasn't horrible except that I ran out of water around mile 10ish, so I was thirsty. I came home, ate, showered, watched soccer, went grocery shopping, did laundry, and went to the BBQ. We had a great time at the BBQ, and the food was delicious!

I could not sleep last night, so I'm tired today. Oof. I did yoga, ate turkey hot dogs for dinner, and will probably go to bed early. Hubs has to work tonight; his restaurant is doing a catering. I wasn't sore today after my run, which is a nice surprise. I'm adjusting to the increased miles, which is good news for me!

Hello zoe! Re: carbs. If I eat a hamburger, I'll have half the bun. Two veggies instead of a starch. Your body needs carbohydrate, so I try not to limit myself too much from it.

Marcy- I've never been to the Flat Irons mall. I'll have to check it out one day.

Lisa- Houston is gonna be a hot and humid one! Congrats on your 10miles! Is that your first double digit run!? Big milestone for a runner! I actually like the Shot Bloks. I find that I can't have a serving size, because they upset my stomach as well. I haven't even tried the gels; ICK. The sports beans aren't too bad either. Again, I'll only eat half the bag. Regular candy is fine, but those energy supplements have electrolytes to maintain your sodium. You may like the Stinger honey bars. I've never tried them, but heard they were decent. I too, like running in the mornings. I have more energy and there are fewer people out.

Have a good night all! :snore:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Well my car saga continues with a new twist. Apparently the new 2010 car I was buying was a demo and has 10,000 miles on it. The car comes with 3 different accessory packages. The one we want is becoming scarcer with the inventory not being replenished and all he can find in the area is the middle package; we want the top package. One is on the way to Utah but that dealer doesn’t want to give it up. There are 2 in New Mexico more expensive and he mentioned $700 to get them here. I told him he could talk to Marty about that. The funny thing is on his original print out on the car they sold us clearly said “in demo”. I kept asking about it because the print out looked different than the other ones and he said it was at a warehouse in Denver. I just think he and the guy approving the numbers just didn’t notice it. Marty is not happy. I will find out tomorrow about the car on the way to Utah. I took off tomorrow to go get my car. I told my parents we could still go down there, eat lunch and I’ll go talk to the dealer.

Food was mostly good today. I did eat ½ of a Krispy Kreme donut and had a drink with supper. Everything else was reasonable. I did walk twice today both morning and afternoon break.

Zoe, I am glad you moved back home. Company is fun but exhausting. I hope your back gets better soon. I don’t steer away from carbs but do watch portions.

Appletini, glad you got in a walk / job after work.

Lisa, I am glad you had fun in Michigan. Sounds like the bike ride was fun even if you had to play catch up sometimes. Good idea to see if the iPad works in the car too. I think the plugs are pretty much the same. I was playing with the iPad coming home on Saturday. Our pickup is pretty bouncy so I was having trouble on the touch screen on my iPod and hitting the right spot so I picked up Marty’s iPad and it worked much better.

Beach Runner, sounds like the BBQ was nice. Woo hoo for adjusting to more miles. Flat Irons is pretty nice.

Laters,
Marcy Still No Car

appletini

Ideal_Rock
lliang,
Do you have anything special planned for weekend here or just seeing where it takes you? If you get some jogging in, it was actually a little less humid today so maybe that will hold through the weekend.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Apple, I didn't know you were in Houston. Nothing planned right now. We were going to do massages with my mom, then she likes comedy stuff so maybe some kind of comedy show. She also likes plays, so I'll see what Houston has to offer. Other than that, just her showing us around where she lives, her work, etc. I was talking to Sis, I'll really look forward to this weekend as long as my mom's not on "crazy divorce" mode. It doesn't sound like she is, so I'm hopeful. I like hanging out with my mom and I miss her being non-crazy.

Marcy, BUMMER about the car saga! I hope it gets sorted out. Or at least you'll have a nice afternoon with your folks. How's your mom post surgery by the way?

Beach, ugh! I have a touch and go sensitive stomach, so I'm wary about trying the goos and gels and stuff. I kinda know how much candy I can eat before getting sick, so I might just stick to that for now. Thanks for the tip on the Honey ones. James asked me to pick some up Goo/gels on my Target run today and I nearly puked at the thought of it. I did get him one package of shot blocks even though they nearly slayed me yesterday.

~Lisa ::)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa, I hope you have fun with your mom in Houston. I am sure they’ll figure out something on my car. I found a red SUV with the package we want about 120 miles past the dealer so if the car on the way to Utah doesn’t work out I might look in to that car. It would drop my payments about $40 too. My mom’s vision is doing pretty good but she is still not very healthy anymore – just age more than anything. My parents actually stopped by tonight to visit. I think they were just worried about me since Marty is out of town this week and the car deal fell through. My dad thought I should ask the dealer to throw in the 2 years extended warranty free on the car we made the deal on but I want a new car. Also, I doubt they can legally sell it as a new car. I totally believe it was an honest mistake by the salesman.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
lliang,
Wicked is playing right now if y'all want to see that, not sure what else. I hope y'all have a fun girls weekend and I'm sure it willl be a nice distraction for your mom.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Appletini, I get accused of being wicked and evil all the time when we play cards at lunch so your note about Wicked playing in Houston made me say "I am not" and then of course that made me smile. :bigsmile:

I am off soon to pick up my parents for our trip to Colorado. My dad wants to get some parts or tools or something like that, I will stop by the car dealer and be polite but firm (I hope) and do a little whining about I had to pay to have my car towed to them, I am still out of a car, we negotiated a price for a new car that wasn't new . . . blah, blah, blah. Maybe he'd rather give me a deal than have to talk to Marty again this weekend. I found 5 online between Utah, Colorado and New Mexico. Wish me luck. We are having lunch at our favorite steakhouse so it will be a fun day.

Laters,
:wavey:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the tips Lisa! By the way, what are shot blocks? Also, where do you find bean thread noodles? I've never heard of them. Can you get them in a regualr grocery store or are they found at an Asian market? I need to find lower carb noodles (I love pasta way too much, so maybe those would be good to try).

Hi Beach Runner! :wavey: Thank you as well, for the tips. I'll try them out. I'm JUST getting back into this whole healthly way of eating again, so I know it will take a while to get into a routine.

Marcy -- what kind of car are you and Marty getting? I hope things work out well on your trip.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe, good luck finding some low carb pasta you like. I tried low carb pasta, whole wheat pasta and just went back to regular pasta and measured out my portions. I just don't care for the taste of the other pasta We are looking for an Audi A6. They have 3 packages on them; the one we want is pretty much depleted for this year. They guessed on how many cars would sell this year and apparently they way underestimated. New cars don't come out for 6 weeks. The dealer in Utah said no; they just got it and want to see if it sells before they'd give it up. They have 2 in Albuquerque but they aren't returning the calls to my dealer. I guess it's quite an ordeal to get a car moved from somewhere else. It sounds like the dealers don't always want to give them up or want something in trade. I tried to tell them I wanted the deal I have now, add in the extra amount and I don't want to pay to have it brought here. He kind of mumbled around they probably can't do that. We were at the dealer 4 hours ago and I still don't have a call back. Aak!!!! I just wish this would all get settled. Heck by the time they find me a car my other one will probably be fixed. ;(

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I did another hot walk/jog routine today for 35 minutes. I'm about to test my 4th recipe from the Jillian Michael's Boost Your metabolism cookbook. the first 3 have been disappointing, so if this one is a dud too I'm sending the book back to amazon for a refund.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ya'll!
Nothing special at work today; it was a hot one outside today. My car said 100, but I'm sure it was more like 95. I got 4 hot miles in during the evening. The low is suppose to be 75, so tomorrow's mornings run will be hot too, I'm sure. I'll do 8 miles tomorrow am, and hopefully yoga in the evening. I had a chicken salad for lunch, and made tofu stir-fry for dinner.

We're still under contract with our house, and since it was built in 1953, it has the potential for asbestos. The seller is testing the insulation for asbestos, and then we'll see what happens after that. We're still trying to rent out apartment. Oof. :errrr:

apple- I hear you on the hot outdoor exercise. Did you say you lived in Houston? Ouch! My best friend and her husband live in Katy, and she complains all the time about the humidity. After living in Denver for just a few months, I can say that I love the weather here!

Marcy- What will your family be doing in CO? Good luck with the car search. Sounds like a huge headache!

Lisa- I have a sensitive stomach as well, and have to be careful what I eat during my runs. I can handle about 2 shot bloks, or half a pack of sports beans. I haven't tried the gels/goos, and don't think I will. But yes, if I eat too much of it, my stomach hurts, and I'm wishing I was closer to my bathroom. The joys of running and GI problems. LOL. I'm also curious about your bean thread noodles. Please share!

Zoe- good for you for getting back into the swing of things to a healthy lifestyle!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
appletini - good luck with your recipe. I need to buy a cookbook!

Lisa - my hubby was in Houston a few weeks ago on a work trip, and he complained the entire time. He's a big baby when it's really hot outside. The week he was there, we were having about the same temps and humidity here in WV. Have a great visit with your mom.

beachrunner - glad you had a great time at the BBQ. Yummm...

marcy - gosh, I'm sorry to hear about your car drama - but then again I'm always up for getting a new car (for me, at least)! I hope you can get what you want. I have added the Q5 to my list to test drive. Have you seen one of those? I have always really liked the A6 and almost bought an A4 2 years ago but ended up with my Infiniti instead. I didn't want as big as the A6 but the A4 was a little too small and my car is right in between.

The weekend was entirely crappy. We had a major health scare with my dad, but have come to the conclusion after talking to several doctors and nurses and not being able to get a straight answer that they mixed my dad's test results with someone else's. I really believe they put him through a bunch of unnecessary tests including a heart cath (which is bad because he is on medicine for blood clots). He got a phone call Friday morning telling him to get to the hospital ASAP because his test from the day before showed he was in cardiac arrest, and 2 days later they released him and told him that he had an incredibly strong heart, especially for a 74 year old man. We sat around the hospital scared to death for 2 days and my poor mom aged a few years. I'm going to focus on the fact that he is absolutely fine and not think about the possibility that they made a mistake earlier. He is fine, and I'm thankful for that. Matt and I are getting ready to take our walk, so have a great day tomorrow everyone! (Sorry to vent...apparently I'm still a little testy!)

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Zoe & Beach, since you asked bean thread noodles are Asian style noodles. They're called glass noodles (because when they're cooked, they turn clear), or bean thread or mung bean thread. You find them in Asian groceries or the Asian aisle in some grocery stores. I like the thicker ones you'd find at an Asian market but you can get the really thin vermicelli kind pretty easily. You need to soak them first in warm (or hot if you're in a rush like I always am) water until they're soft. Then you can just toss it in soup or stir fry. They cook SUPER fast, probably only 3-4 mins in boiling soup or 4-5 mins in a stir fry. Other non-simplified pastas I've seen and tried are spelt, millet, etc. Those are pretty tasty (or at least to my tastes) but are pricey and harder to find. They don't taste super heavy like the multigrain/whole wheat pasta you find in the grocery pasta aisle.

Today was our 3 mile run.It's 3-5-3 for TWTh this week. It started slow but we ended up breezing right through it. I stopped at a silver store to get a replacement band. i lost mine this weekend... :( I"m hoping James won't notice it's missing. At least I didn't loose my e-ring :sick:

Apple, I'll see if my mom's up for Wicked. I also like independent/small theaters too so if there's something like that you can suggest. Or a Shakespeare, my mom loves Shakespearean comedies.

Marcy, you are wicked. Hee hee :) I hope your car stuff gets sorted out. Rats on them for making this into an ordeal when it was supposed to be all done by now.

Beach, good luck with the inspection. I hate running when it's nasty hot out. I might do AM runs, but it's so hard to get my body going in the AM. It works out for the LRs since you're supposed to go slow anyway...

Deegee, James is a total baby when it gets hot too. BIG HUGS about your dad. I'm glad he's OK, but totally throws you through a loop when you get a call like that!

Zoe, shot blocks are like chewy starburst sized fruit gummies that taste awful and apparently my tummy doesn't like. They're those "sports performance energy" things. I dunno I don't like it. I'm with you, totally lovin' the pasta. I got into it recently once we got a pasta roller machine. Mmmm... nothing beats fresh pasta! :) I"m such a pasta brat now. :tongue:

That's it for me guys! See you tomorrow!

~Lisa

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Ladies, Just got back from the gym. I did Jillian's Biggest Loser Top to Bottom workout today, it was only about 15 minutes but it really got my heartrate up. I also did some additional cardio before and after so I could get a full 30 minutes of activity. DH comes home late tonight so I might also go for a walk when I get home. And today the cafeteria had the pasta bar which I like b/c I can personalize it, but its also enough for two lunches.

Also last night's Jillian dinner wasn't bad it was pan fried chicken with fennel and carrots but it also had bell peppers. I don't like raw fennel but roasted is so good.

lliang,
I'm not sure whatelse is playing. You might want to also check out the museum district a lot of the museums have free admission.
http://www.houstonmuseumdistrict.org

Beach Runner,
I've always wanted to go to Colorado in the summer, I bet the weather is gorgeous! Has your friend always lived in the Houston area? For those us who grew up here we just accept the heat and humidity and stay in the A/C as much as possible.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Hump Day ladies!
This whole house and renting the apartment thing is really starting to stress me out! ;( A little "apartment renting" dust would surely help! Anyways, I got my 8 miles in this morning. It was already pretty hot at 8:30am. Bleck. I had leftover stirfry for lunch, and had a taco dinner! I think I'll have half an apple with PB for a snack tonight :lickout:

apple- CO is beautiful! You should visit one day! And no, my friend and I are from the east coast, so Houston was a big shock to her. She of course knew it would be humid, but...needless to say, she doesn't like it. She moved down there for her DH's job, oil industry. Sounds like you got a lot of great workouts in! Awesome job!

Lisa- Thanks for the noodle tip! You know, I don't think I've ever seen your ER. What's it look like? :naughty: My weekday runs are up to 4-8-4. I really enjoy morning runs. I work from home on Wednesdays so it really works out that I can run in the ams without getting up super early to still make it into work. I do my weekend runs in the am too. Boo. I'd rather run in the rain or even snow rather than the heat. :knockout:

Also, this was posted in a runner's thread I read:
"FYI - lululemon is out on the lakefront path in various spots at 8 am on Saturday mornings. Two weeks ago it was the totem pole at Addison and last week near the North Ave. boat/beach. It looks like they are selling running shorts, but they are FREE! All you have to do is try on pair, get your pic taken and you can run away in them - these are $54 shorts."

deegee- That is so awful about your Dad. I hope he is doing well, despite all those unnecessary tests. Unbelievable. :nono:

Hi to Marcy!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Well about 5:30 today I got the call they will be able to get my car from NM. They will let me know tomorrow when to expect it to be delivered. Marty wants to dicker on the price but I just want to get this over with. If I could drive my car to another dealer and try for a better price I would; but I can’t so there is no sense worrying about it. This one is metallic gray too.

Appletini, too bad the recipe book isn’t working out. I would return it too. Sorry it was so hot for your walk / jog. We went for our walk at 3 today and we had a nice breeze and cloud cover so it wasn’t very warm.

Beach Runner, good luck on the house. Hopefully the insulation is fine. Do you have to rent out your apartment because you signed a contract? Rental Dust coming your way. Our trip to Colorado was just running down to Ft. Collins. We went shopping, wasted time at the car dealer and ate lunch. My car search has been a big headache. Marty is ready to chew on someone at the dealer. I told my salesman today I wasn’t impressed at how well they interact with other dealers.

Deegee, yes the Q5 was on my list last weekend. We test drove it and really liked it but Marty loves driving the A6 (drives fast and doesn’t slow down on corners – you know guy stuff) so we stuck with the A6. I wouldn’t be sad to have a Q5 at all. I like the A4 but Marty is too tall for it. We like the Infiniti as well. I am so sorry to hear about the scare with your dad but I am delighted to hear he is fine. I would be testy about it too.

Lisa, sorry you lost your silver band. I am glad you recognize my “evilness”. :twisted: LOL.

Marcy :wavey:

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I ended up doing a two-a-day yesterday and went for a 30 minute walk when I got home. Today I went to my SLAM class. My quads were sore from yesterdays Top To Bottom workout but they are loosened up now. He had us do 100 squats at the end of the class.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Appletini, I am sore thinking about 100 squats. Good for you!

I was bad today. The stress got to me about my car so I had some sugar here and there but I am home now, drinking ice water and will begin again tomorrow. I did go for an extended walk at break today. I met a GF for supper and brought enough home for both of us tomorrow night. My car should get here this weekend and we will pick it up Monday or Tuesday. They are charging us 1/2 of the shipping fee. I am sure Marty will dicker with them when we go in and depending on what they say and do we most likely will be finding a new car dealer in 4 years. I hear great things about one of the Audi dealers in Denver. Marty loved BMW so we'll take a look at them then too. Life goes on . . .

Laters,
Marcy :wavey:

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Almost Friday, yeah!
Nothing exciting at work today. I got this cool spray hand sanitizer at work; it'll be nice for camping. Let's see, I had a burrito for work; brown rice, carrots, broccoli, half a mushroom burger rolled up in a tortilla. thanks hubby! :bigsmile: I ran around 6:30p and did 4 hot miles. I really just can't get enough of my ice lemon water; so good. I had a mushroom burger for dinner on half a bun. I'm mushroom burgered out for the day. I wasn't too hungry tonight; oh well.

Marcy- I hope you get your car soon! I've always wanted a BMW; I don't know why as I've never even test drove one. Maybe yrs down the road I'll get myself a luxury car. I think our next car will be a small SUV.

apple- 100 squats? Ick. I don't know if I could handle 10. hehe. Awesome job!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Happy Thursday everyone!!!

OMG I had a hot & humid run today. SOOOOO wasn't feeling it. And I had to do it by myself since Sis was on a teleconference. She's such a great running partner, it makes the miles peel off like no big deal. The dog had an accident in our bedroom. Just some pee. I was *BUSY* at work today. I logged a SOLID 10 hrs and finally told myself I *HAD* to leave.

I got dinner all ready and James popped out to the store. So now I"m waiting for him before grillign the shrimp. I'm sure Beach & Marcy would enjoy this little tid bit: I got Pappardelle frozen ravioli. They're based in Denny. Mmm... I was going to make the ravioli myself, but I worked so late today. Gotta start dinner, James just got back. I'll respond to everyone after dinner...

~Lisa

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Whew! quick dinner.

Anyway, I wanted to respond to everyone.

Marcy, Hooray for finally getting the car sorted out. :appl: That's alright with the sugar. Tomorrow's another day. Sis's boyfriend is a big fan of A6. Is yours quattro? I imagine that would be useful in the snow. My friend got a Audi (used) from a dealership in Denver. She had good things to say about them.

Beach, Hooray on the hot mileage. Ha ha. :) My e-ring is an asscher cut. I'll see if I can dig up some pictures and post. Mmmm... mushroom burgers. I don't get to eat mushrooms that much anymore because James detests them. Sad. I'm in mushroom exile because of that. ;( That's nice that your hubs packed your lunch for you. You're so lucky. I was going to run around and try to get some food made for James this weekend while I'm away, but he gave me a pass for not having to make anything. I"m so jealous of you lucky ladies whose hubbies cook...

Apple, go you on the two-fer :) your workout sounds like a great way to pump you through the week. Hope you're not sore or anything. Thanks for all the tips about Houston. I'm hoping the weather will be somewhat bear-able, but we're not coming with any illusions. I grew up in Miami, and it's SO EASY to forget the hot, hot, HOTNESS.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa, the GF I had supper with runs a lot and was telling me she can eat anything she wants right now. She just finished a marathon and was 2nd place in her division. She rides her bike a lot too. Your ravis sound great. I hope to have my car at home by Tuesday evening. I am finally getting used to where to park my parents car in our garage. I am having a tough time using a key though; our car has a smart key and my employees are really cracking up at me and my key tales. Yes, our A6 is a quattro and yes it is amazing in snow. If I slide on ice in that baby I am impressed and it goes easily through pretty deep snow. One of the features on this new one is a cold weather package – the steering wheel even has heat. I have heard good things about the Audi dealer in Longmont and we will sure be paying them a visit the next time we are shopping for a new car. Ooh, asscher cut. Marty cooks but I don’t enjoy cleaning up the kitchen afterward. Yes, he will do it but when he gets around to it but I I always crack and work on it first. Are you headed to Houston this weekend? Have fun.

Beach Runner, I bet it was very warm running about 6:30. Yay for a mushroom burger. I had the Lean Cuisine Swedish meatballs at lunch today which has a kind of mushroom gravy on it. I took lots of raw veggies to eat and the other ladies that play cards at lunch dived in to them too. It was kind of funny. Are you going camping soon? We are going in a few weeks and I am very excited to get away from everything. Marty loves BMW’s. I didn’t care for them for some reason when we went shopping and bought my car that is now “dead”. I really like small SUV’s and we always look at them when we car shop but since we have a pickup truck we always decide we should have a car instead of a mini pickup.

Tomorrow is Friday. Yippee!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I couldn't decide what kind of exercise I wanted to do today so I just went for a 40 minute walk.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Appletini, good idea to go for a long walk. I walked around several stores and parked at the end of the parking lot.

I had a panic attack this morning. I came out of the grocery store and I couldn't find my mom's car. My car has a smart key so I don't have to use a key in my car and I thought I'd left her key in the ignition and her car was gone. Luckily I kept looking and it was one more row over and a pickup was blocking my view. I can't wait till I get my car.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forget a new car - I think I should get this pink scooter.

pinkbike.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results