shape
carat
color
clarity

Journey with Heart of Water....finally has a happy ending!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please excuse the long wall of text here, but there is a bit of a background story. If you want to scroll to the bottom and see pics only I don't blame you :whistle:

So back in May when I first joined PS (or was thinking about joining), I found HoW from some of the threads here. I decided that I wanted to set my original e-ring diamond (.56 H&A H color VS2) into a pendant so I could keep it close to me and not have it just sitting in the jewelry box. I spoke with Sally in detail about the piece, and decided to have her make me a pendant and also some bezel set earrings. I was super excited about her drawings and couldn't wait to start the process. Sadly, my excitement got the best of me and when I was sending my beloved e-ring stone (and the 2 earring stones) I sent it USPS first class, rather than what I should have done (priority int'l with tracking number that can be followed throughout). Sally was wonderful about not blaming me (even though this was clearly my mistake--she was clear about the shipping directions), and waited over a month for the stone to arrive. Sadly it never did, and is almost certainly just lost forever :(

I was fairly heartbroken, not because of lost money, but because I felt like I lost something that couldnt be replaced with anything new. Again, Sally was very understanding and helpful, and wanted to make it right for me (but also offered a full refund). I eventually decided that I wanted her to make a ring in the iolani style with my electric blue topaz from Doug Menaude. I luckily sent that stone correctly, and Sally got it safely :appl:

However, being wonderful and wanting me to be thrilled, Sally offered to make me a pendant as well in a different style than the one we decided for my diamond, and decided to gift me the center stone for it. In order to make the pieces look cohesive, we decided on a pear shaped blue topaz. I definitely couldn't have afforded to buy another stone for the pendant after losing 3 stones, so Sally giving me that was not only a wonderful gesture but allowed me to have a pendant that I love along with a gorgeous ring.

Ok, I promise it's time for pics now after all that text. I just wanted to express my gratitude for Sally's understanding and patience for the last 5 months, and say that I've really never had a vendor go above and beyond for me like that before, so it was a unique and meaningful experience. And after seeing her pics of my finished pieces I certainly plan to send her more of my loose stones when I am ready to set them.

*Edit: the adding photo page isn't working for me right now, but here are links to my photos on imgur
http://imgur.com/QG1bRTM
http://imgur.com/CgAQLTZ
http://imgur.com/G8vVCm3
http://imgur.com/9dGm1ZS
http://imgur.com/dMqw6Fp

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Journey with Heart of Water....finally has a happy endin

Oooh! Thank you for sharing your amazing story. So happy for you that Sally was able to create a new meaningful set for you. I love the vibrant vibe of the blue topaz.

Every single detail about the set is so intricate and feminine. I like :love: :love: :love:

_528.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sally is so talented! Do we have a Sally thread already? If not, let's create one. She has made such beautiful pieces and yours is no exception: it's stunning!

Here are your other pics so we can enjoy them without having to click on the links:

_529.jpeg

_530.jpeg

_531.jpeg

_532.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks, Acinom!! For some weird reason the add photo button just opened a new PS homepage for me. I appreciate you adding the pics :)

I agree lets start a Sally thread! She's wonderful and it would be great to see all of her pieces in one place.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Beeautiful workmanship (and stones)! Congrats and wear them in good health!
:love: :love: :love:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi,

It made me so sad to read about your stones. You are such a nice person, its not fair! I'm glad Sally made you feel better. It was very nice of her. I think she did a beautiful job. Enjoy them!

Annette

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Beautiful story (in the end)........and gorgeous jewelry! Congrats to both you and Sally........... :love:

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock

Aww, that's so lovely of Sally, and your new pieces are beautiful! That ring could quench thirst, it's like the perfect pool of water.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry about the problems along the way, but so glad for you that you have pieces you love. Your ring and pendant are so pretty!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

How wonderful of Sally to gift you with the topaz and the pendant is so lovely. :appl:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

So sorry to hear about your stones. But congratulations on the beautiful pieces. :appl:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks, everyone for your kind words!

I am excited to receive the pieces in person, and will definitely post real-life pics asap! :appl: :appl:

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sally is such a goodhearted person and what you say about the gifted stone doesn't surprise me one bit!
I love both peices and am in love with that scrollwork on the pendant. So happy for you Lovedogs!

I love dogs too!!!!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs, I am so sorry to hear about your lost stones, it really is heartbreaking to lose pieces that have irreplaceable sentimental value! I have my fingers crossed that the package will turn up unexpectedly later.

Your new ring and pendant are beautiful. I love the engraving on the pendant! And the beautiful blue topazes are a perfect shade of blue. <3 Gorgeous! And how nice of Sally to gift you the pear. She is one of the few vendors who I've worked with who I feel goes above and beyond in terms of customer service to deliver that personalized touch. She is a genuinely nice person. :)

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

I am so glad your topaz made it safely and that Sally is such a wonderful vendor to work with. I would love to work with her one day. Hopefully your other stones will turn up eventually...you never know. I feel your pain since I bestow so much sentimental value in my stones and pieces as well. Congrats on your beautiful set!!! :love:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

These are lovely pieces- and what a touching story. Sally seems genuinely to have concern and care for each order and customer.

I am so sorry about losing the package and gems- that is rough. Here's to them turning up down the road. Stranger things have happened...

But, in any case, I am happy that you seem to be okay with things and are getting pleasure out of these lovelies.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

Lovedogs, I meant to write in here sooner - just wanted to say that you're so nice, I'm sorry your gems got lost!! I hate it when bad things happen to good people. I'm very glad Sally tried to help make up for that happening, and your new pieces are so pretty!! Looks like she worked her usual magic, I'm happy that your experience ended well and that you have these beautiful new pieces to enjoy :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Small update: After looking at the pics of my pieces, I asked Sally if there was any way to "bring out" the milgrain a bit more. I am picky, I know, but I was afraid it would something that would bother me, since one of my favorite things in pieces like this is the milgrain.

Sally did an excellent job, and I am so thrilled with the results! And she is shipping them to me on Monday....can't wait!

icm_fullxfull.71017220_fg7iirvbhggg80ss08k4.jpg icm_fullxfull.71017218_9yf4vw0e4psgkgowgoog.jpg

Not totally sure if anyone will see the differences as much as I do...I'm a little crazy that way. But thought if any group could appreciate it, it would be you all :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love your new pics! I cannot distinguish the difference clearly on my iPhone screen but I do detect the beautiful and delicate bezel in your last photo's. Looking forward to see your own pics.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful jewellery to accompany an equally beautiful story. I'm sorry your original package is lost and still hope it will arrive one day.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thrilled to say that I received my pieces from Sally today! The pendant is in the box still while I find the right chain but I'm wearing my ring and adore it! I'll take pics of both pieces when I get home, but for now here are a few ring pics I took at work. I am so impressed with the quality of both pieces and the ring is very comfortable and light while still feeling sturdy. Sally is wonderful!! 20151104_120842.jpg 20151104_120852_0.jpg 20151104_120844.jpg 20151104_120752_3.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous!!! I love the ring even more in your pics. :love: :love: :love:
I like!!!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so pleased for you. I was one of the first to ever use Sally and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to anybody. I think her work is stunning and she's one of the nicest people ever. To gift you that stone was absolutely lovely of her wasn't it? I'm so happy you're thrilled.

Both pieces are gorgeous and I hope you have many happy years of wearing them.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations on your beautiful set, wear them in good health and happiness.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wanted to add some pics of my pendant. It was harder to capture compared to my ring, probably because I wasn't able to get a good pic of me wearing it. So I settled for some pics of it on my hand and on a white surface. It's gorgeous in real life, and the details are incredible. I have no idea how Pomme and Sally do it. They are true artists.

20151109_102240.jpg 20151109_102322.jpg 20151109_102241.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your new pics... Gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

Your ring looks so beautiful on you!!! Definitely a beautiful set to have!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful ring and pendant! And hoping the original diamond and gemstones somehow still show up. You never know.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous! The feminine swirls are very well done and the details hold up well under magnification. :appl: The stones are also enhanced in colouration and beauty by their settings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results