shape
carat
color
clarity

Josh''s Ring Done!! Final Picture

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well I have to say I am so pleased. After waiting for about 3-4 weeks for the production of this ring I am so pleased with the final results and am happy to share the news with you guys too. I hope in the future we see more guys rings along with all the beautiful pic's of the ladies rings as well...........

Thanks Again to:

Richard Sherwood (all the advice)
Robin and Todd from Nice.Ice (bought the sapphires from them)
Lesley from Whiteflash (bought the Aca accent stones from her)
Richard from Eightstar (helping me find the Eightstar I wanted)
Bob and Carol for making this ring for me.....

Quick spec's

Center = .38 carat d vs2 eightstar
2 sapphires sourced from Madagascar
4 x .10 ct. e vs1 ACA accent stones

Two tone custom band with 18 kt yellow gold & 18 kt white gold

Well let me know what you guys think........

-Josh RIoux
Sitka, Alaska
9.gif

donefinally.jpg

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Josh! That is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations! You are sure going to turn some heads.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

IceFind

Rough_Rock
Josh that ring is one of the nicest mens ring i have seen. I really like the unique style. Wow.

6.gif

Smooth

Rough_Rock
They're calling that a "basic" man's ring?!?
loopy.gif

Very cool ring, Josh!
10.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow - I am sure you are very pleased. The quality looks great. To myself, personally - it's way too much - but everyone had their own distinct style and taste - that's what makes us unique!

ENJOY YOUR NEW ROCKS!!!!!
appl.gif

naughty.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Josh the ring turned out just beautiful! Do wear it well.

How wide is it? My new BIL just had a gold handcarved band and it was 9 mm wide. I'm just trying to judge yours from the pics. It looks like it would be quite comfortable.

MichaelF

Rough_Rock
Nice! Congrats, it is a very handsome ring...

Michael

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I would say you have the best of the best. (And you deserve it!)

Hugs,

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Very very handsome Josh!, I like the two tone gold, and the sapphires...

Wear it in good health!

win

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Josh that is beautiful. I fwd'd the link to my better half since we are considering custom making his ring too. I'll have to PM you offline to get more details!
1.gif
All of your hard work paid off!!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you for all the compliments everyone, Bob & Carol sent me a couple more pictures today before they sent the ring off. I think I like the last picture I will post the best out of the 3, but can't wait to see what it looks like on my finger.

Mara, I'll be waiting for your PM & let me know what you guys are going for...

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
16.gif

josh20.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
16.gif
16.gif

josh19.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Josh,
There's nothing basic about that ring.
love.gif
Its really a great design, & very masculine. I love it.
How much does that baby weigh? It looks heavy! Also, it looks wide, how wide is it? Whats the depth? LOL I'm sorry for the intrusive questions Josh. I've been looking at wedding bands for my fiance, & he'll need a size 14, wants it 6mm wide, & with a depth of 2.5mm. And, he wants platinum. It's going to weigh about 23g. when completed. THATS heavy!

Judy
:)

james100

Rough_Rock
Josh,
Your ring looks awesome. I looking to get one for myself after having finalised one for my wife. Care to share how much it would cost to have a such customised ring made ?
You can PM me with the information.
thanks,
love.gif
wavey.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 8/1/2003 5
6.gif
6.gif
7 PM ccuheartnurse wrote:
Josh,
There's nothing basic about that ring.
love.gif
Its really a great design, & very masculine. I love it.
How much does that baby weigh? It looks heavy! Also, it looks wide, how wide is it? Whats the depth? LOL I'm sorry for the intrusive questions Josh. I've been looking at wedding bands for my fiance, & he'll need a size 14, wants it 6mm wide, & with a depth of 2.5mm. And, he wants platinum. It's going to weigh about 23g. when completed. THATS heavy!

Judy
:)----------------
This ring weighs 30.4 grams, just under 1 troy oz (31.1 grams) it is 12mm wide at the top and has a thickness of 5.44mm at 10 1/4 size. another ring with different stones or a different size will have different results.

-Josh

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Josh for that info. OMG! That ring is **massive**.
You'll have to tell me/us how it feels on.
I must have missed the original thread about this ring (if it existed), but is this ring going to be your wedding band or is this a gift from you to you?
twirl.gif

Judy

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 8/2/2003 1:10
6.gif
5 AM ccuheartnurse wrote:
Thanks Josh for that info. OMG! That ring is **massive**.
You'll have to tell me/us how it feels on.
I must have missed the original thread about this ring (if it existed), but is this ring going to be your wedding band or is this a gift from you to you?
twirl.gif

Judy
Hey there:

Yes I wanted a substantial ring with a little size and some weight and that is what I got. I'll have to be careful when swatting the mesquitos off my head though...lol

This ring is both a gift from me to me and also is my wedding band.
9.gif

What is your fiance considering? Is he looking for a thick rich solid band or something a little more involved like this ring with stones?

-Josh
4.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Josh,
LOL @ the mosquito comment. haha
My fiance wants a band just like the one I posted but in all platinum & shiny hammered centre. Believe it or not, a lot of the commercial companies (ie: Diana, Artcarved) have a width of 6mm but only a depth of say 1.5 & 1.7mm. Not to mention they use 95 plat. & 5 Irridium. I think this is pretty cheap for the cost of these rings. ArtCarved actually cant give you a straight answer if the band is irridium or ruthinium, they have no clue. Thats customer service?? So, I contacted Greg of Ringdesigner.com & he's going to make it to the specs my fiance wants. At 1st his price was for 95 Plat/5 Irrid. but I asked Greg if he could use 5 Ruthinium instead & he graciously said yes he could. :) THATS customer service. I'm glad to hear you also got great customer service with the folks who made your ring. :)

Judy

ArtCarved.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 8/2/2003 1:27:57 AM ccuheartnurse wrote:
Hi Josh,
LOL @ the mosquito comment. haha
My fiance wants a band just like the one I posted but in all platinum & shiny hammered centre. Believe it or not, a lot of the commercial companies (ie: Diana, Artcarved) have a width of 6mm but only a depth of say 1.5 & 1.7mm. Not to mention they use 95 plat. & 5 Irridium. I think this is pretty cheap for the cost of these rings. ArtCarved actually cant give you a straight answer if the band is irridium or ruthinium, they have no clue. Thats customer service?? So, I contacted Greg of Ringdesigner.com & he's going to make it to the specs my fiance wants. At 1st his price was for 95 Plat/5 Irrid. but I asked Greg if he could use 5 Ruthinium instead & he graciously said yes he could. :) THATS customer service. I'm glad to hear you also got great customer service with the folks who made your ring. :)

Judy
I have read many good things about Greg and ringdesigner.com.

The nice thing about getting a ring custom made is your not limited to anything that deals with the original design. Some companies will do customizing like adding accent stones, but for the most part the overall design will not change. The unique thing about going custom is there are no limitations and you can fabricate anything you want into the design. Please let me know what the final outcome is and post some pic's too.

Warm Regards-Josh
16.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Josh, all I can say is WOW!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Josh - what a great ring! I am so excited for you. The setting is so unique, you'll definitely get a lot of attention from people ogling over it. I'm not a jewelry expert or anything but it reminds me of a medieval european ring for some reason.

boonerings

Shiny_Rock
Josh, your ring is complete slickness. There IS nothing basic about it. Now all you need is the watch to match! You'd have big biceps from lifting it.
1.gif

Tek

Rough_Rock
That's a very unique looking ring!! Very nice. It will certain catch alot of eyes.

Congrats!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow
nice :}

Did i miss it or are we still waiting for the final pictures of her ring?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow. That is very cool!

antonia

Rough_Rock
Wow, beautiful ring!!! Congratulations!!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Josh. That is one fine looking ring!
love.gif

Josh - Awesome! You guys are going to have one helluva set of rings when Mark finishes hers!!!

read.gif

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Josh, that is a stunner of a ring, very masculine and handsome!
loopy.gif
I love to see jewelry that has different metals used in the design. The stones you picked are just gorgeous too! Congrats!
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results