shape
carat
color
clarity

Joining the ranks!

Stephny691

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

I've been around PS a little while now and I've officially moved over from LIW to BWW! So I'm pretty chuffed with that.
We're thinking beginning of 2015 to get married, his mum is getting next month so we're hanging off on wedding planning until then. But in my head everything is pretty much organised, I need a venue and wedding rings and I would be sorted tomorrow!

Was anyone else like that?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello :wavey:

Congratulations on your engagement! I totally get what you are saying about having everything planned in your head. My DH and I are renewing our vows (not managed to set a date yet as he is in the military) but I could do it next week as I know exactly what I want :lol:

What have you planned so far?

Stephny691

Shiny_Rock
So far I've got in my head:

Invites: I found this beautiful place that does embossed and foiled and *angels sing* just gorgeous designs, gonna be at most 30 people there, so I can splurge at bit on things.
I would like something this style: http://www.bellafigura.com/vintage-wedding-invitations.html

Wedding favours: http://www.mymms.co.uk/?gclid=CLOWuvPUtLsCFWnjwgodIAgAmQ (not the photo ones though, probably tacky but I love them) Plus I'd like to put together little bags, maybe a small yankee candle for the girls and a bottle of something for the men?

Fiancé's suit is his own problem, I want nothing to do with it, he looks GORGEOUS in suits so I want it to be a surprise for me like my dress will be for him.

Dress: http://www.sinceritybridal.com/wedding_dress/3785 I love this but Mum said she thought the shoulders spoilt it? Whatevs, love it. I love the mermaid shape but don't want stiff material, that's why I love this one so much. Gonna go try it on soon.

Flowers: Mum is wicked with flowers so I'm gonna ask her to maybe help out.

Bouquet: I would like a brooch bouquet (SO pinterest I know) but I would like to take it apart afterwards and put it in a deep picture frame as a display. (Already got some brooches for it)

Venues: There was one place we both loved, but the reception room was just too big, so I've found these as potentials, need to go look around;

http://www.hogarths.co.uk/weddings/photo-gallery/

http://www.moxhullhall.co.uk/wedding.php

http://www.alrewashayes.com/weddings

Cake: Going to use the vendor my FMIL is using for HER cake, the woman is lovely and the cakes don't just look nice but they taste amazing too! A lot ofplaces make them look incredible but the taste is a let down, and I hate fruit cake so it needs to be proper cake. Either chocolate sponge with vanilla frosting or vanilla sponge with chocolate frosting. Design wise we want something a cross between really old fashioned and vintage and geometric; no idea how to make that work, but there we are!

Our biggest struggles are gonna be venue and wedding bands, we would like similar bands, but he wants his to be plain, but I like sparkle! I might go with a very plain wedding band, but buy myself a small pave band to put with them sometimes, just a cheaper one from LOGR or something. But I don't have very much real estate on my fingers because they're really short, so need really tiny bands.

Anyway! That's a monster of a post, sure it bored you to tears lol, but I've been looking at wedding stuff for years so I've really narrowed what I like and what I don't like.

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations and welcome to team small wedding!!! I think most of us are planning smaller events right now, so it's awesome to have another bride-to-be to brainstorm with. :)
Please join our Getting lost in stupid stuff thread!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
A fellow English person! :appl:

Your wedding venue choices all look amazing! It's no wonder you are struggling to choose between them. I would go and visit them and really get a feel for the places. Meet as many staff as possible. They are the ones who will make your big day special. I love your dress! I hope it's everything you hope it to be when you try it on! I think my sister wore a Sincerity dress and hers was beautifully made. Very good quality.

I'm all for some bling but if you really want matching bands I would get a plain one for now and maybe get a diamond band for your anniversary or when you have a baby.

Stephny691

Shiny_Rock
Yay Maisie! Didn't realise you were from the UK! Which part are you in?

I'll hop over onto the other thread Recordaras, how many people are you planning for? The struggle with small weddings are venues, most of them I've looked at have a minimum of 50 or 60 guests or a massive supplement charge for every person under! But I really don't know that many people lol, or not that many that I'd would invite to my wedding.

I am feeling achieved on one thing; I got my FMIL wedding band found for her, she was struggling to find one and I found what she was looking at WF. So she's really happy now which is fantastic! :appl:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm just outside Lincoln. We move around a lot as my hubby is in the RAF. I'm originally from Newcastle.

We aren't hiring a venue for our renewal. Well, I say that but we are tempted to have our reception dinner at the Dorchester in London. They have a gorgeous space called the penthouse and pavilion suite and it's designed for smaller celebrations. We are considering having afternoon tea at The Savoy which would mean no room hire charge as I think we can book a table in the restaurant.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Those invites are simply marvelous!!!! I feel like now I definitely want to make sure I have amazing calligraphy invites like that for our home reception (since we are having DW with just family). Love that you have everything narrowed down already...I feel very much the same and I just got engaged like 2 weeks ago haha.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Oh and that dress! How clever that it's 2 layers. I don't think the shoulders ruin it at all. Very elegant!

Stephny691

Shiny_Rock
Well, I got him to name a date, so hopefully we're getting married 07/03/2015!!!

I'm in the West Midlands Maisie. Ooo dinner at the Dorchester sounds incredible! Or afternoon tea at the Savoy, both of those ideas could be lovely to do.

those invites are beautiful aren't they pandabee?! I fell in love with them, we made the invites for my FMIL, and it was so much work and stress, I'd rather pay someone else to do it! Especially if they can letterpress!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results