shape
carat
color
clarity

John Pollard, Composer!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can I just start this with … O. M. G. :)

We’ve got music kids. I’m not a music person (just singing in the shower and on car rides by myself). The kids, though… they are ALL about it! Our oldest is into voice (also used to play violin for years), our 16-year-old son wants to double major in percussion (or some sort of music) and also computer engineering/CS.

Our youngest is 13. She is also taking choir and band (percussion). After a year of cancelled events, she signed up for solo/ensemble with a mallet solo. She is very much an introvert, and after a year of covid, she wasn’t sure about signing up to perform for judges again.

Our district had the kids record in front of their directors (dressed and just as though it would be during a regular year)—and the directors submitted the recordings to be judged. She was thrilled to get a division I rating. I had this sheet in a “very important pile” on the kitchen counter for months. I unearthed it last week and put it up on the fridge. For whatever reason, TONIGHT I actually noticed that @Johnpollard composed it?! So, John, thank you for composing a piece that my daughter chose for her solo last spring!

606C1CE0-387E-47D7-B507-E393000CE933.jpeg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those of us who have been here a looooong time are familiar with John's multifaceted talents. He is my all time favorite PSer.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those of us who have been here a looooong time are familiar with John's multifaceted talents. He is my all time favorite PSer.
What? I thought I was your favorite person on PS?!?!?!?
rofl
but yes Sir John is kewl.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What? I thought I was your favorite person on PS?!?!?!?
rofl
but yes Sir John is kewl.

You're a very very very very close second, edged out of first place by a mere smidge.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!! How amazing is this!? A meeting of generations, an intertwining of arenas :love: Congrats to your daughter @KristinTech!! :appl: And John your passion and expertise truly knows no bounds ::)

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I had the pleasure of being at John's house many years ago when he felt like beating the drums.

The house vibrated with great energy long after he laid down the sticks. The man is amazing at so many things!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results