shape
carat
color
clarity

Job dust please!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies, I really need some special job dust right now! I just had my very first full time teaching position interview and I was nervous as heck. Please send me some job dust that they overlooked my nervousness and see me for the great teacher I am and can be for their school and of course that they offer me the job!

I'm stressing about this whole job thing way too much. I seriously just want to cry right now! ;(

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh ~*~*~*DUST~*~*~*

I have an interview tomorrow myself..... I have my fingers crossed because I need to get outta this job ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DUST!

Don't stress to much over it Mayflowers (I realize this is easier said than done). If you don't get this one (dust that you do though) it just means that the right job is still out there waiting for you (I know it's sometimes hard to feel that way while your searching though). DUST DUST DUST that you get the job.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck and ***DUST***! I wish you the best.

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
DUST!!! Don't worry- I'm sure they saw past your nerves and focused on your skill!! Good luck and keep us posted!

ellab

Rough_Rock
Dust, dust, dust! Good luck, I hope everything works out!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the support! I have stopped worrying about it a little. BF reminded me that this was my first interview and no one expects me to be perfect on the first try. Right now I just have to wait and see. The principal said that they would have a decision sometime next week and they would let me know either way.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Well I didn't get the job. :cry: I'm still sending in my applications to other schools so hopefully something will turn up. I have an interview tomorrow but it is at a preschool. One of the girls I graduated with just got a job there and I politely asked her how much pay they offered her so that I could decide if it was something I was really interested in or not. Apparently the pay is not very good, especially not compared to what I would make teaching in an elementary school. I'm going to go to the interview and if they offer me a job, I will ask to think about it for a day or two and talk it over with BF. I don't want to turn down a job, but I also don't want to lose out on a better job because I accepted this position. So much to think about....

crhq5c

Rough_Rock
I would be careful taking a job at a preschool so early in the summer. At the end of the summer it seems like a lot of schools are searching for teachers. I know a lot of first year teachers who got a job a week before school starts.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
MayFlowers|1308605683|2950503 said:
Well I didn't get the job. :cry: I'm still sending in my applications to other schools so hopefully something will turn up. I have an interview tomorrow but it is at a preschool. One of the girls I graduated with just got a job there and I politely asked her how much pay they offered her so that I could decide if it was something I was really interested in or not. Apparently the pay is not very good, especially not compared to what I would make teaching in an elementary school. I'm going to go to the interview and if they offer me a job, I will ask to think about it for a day or two and talk it over with BF. I don't want to turn down a job, but I also don't want to lose out on a better job because I accepted this position. So much to think about....

I'm so sorry, Mayflowers. I know how disappointed you must feel. I didn't get the job I interviewed for, either. The lady told me that it was a tough decision, but she went with the other candidate because she's worked with her before and knows her work ethic. :blackeye:
Good luck with your decision making with the other jobs.

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
I know what it feel a like to want a job so badly and to be afraid your nerves will keep you from getting it. I am an actress and I rarely get the job or at least it seems that way:). Auditioning is my job as an actress and I have learned that the more I "auditioned" the easier it got and that goes for everything, acting, other jobs, dating etc and eventually I realized that I was the only "ladybug1" out there and if they were looking for a "ladybug1" the job was for me and no one else could do it as well as me and if they were't then it wasn't my job, it was for someone else. I have worked in other jobs as well and I have found it's all more or less the same! Oh and another trick I have learned that helps me is when you feel nervous and "not enough" or whatever your mind does to spin you out, try to focus on meeting and getting to know the person interviewing you, audition them! :)))). Goooooood luck!!!!!!!! I know the perfect and right job will find you!!!!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
So I went to the interview for the preschool today. It went really well and I was a lot more comfortable this time around. Though, that may have solely been caused by the fact that only two people were interviewing me instead of 10. They basically offered me the job. They wanted me to come in tomorrow to work with the kids for a few hours while they watched. They also wanted to go ahead and schedule my CPR and First Aid training. But, though the job was full time, it was not for a "teaching" position. I would have been a floater. Basically, I would cover the teacher's breaks, planning time, and then whenever they left for home. So, I would have been in all the rooms and wouldn't have had my own.

While I was tempted by the fact that it was a full time job with great benefits, this is not the job that I went through college for. I didn't go through four years of school to cover teacher's breaks. Ultimately I decided to call them today and tell them I was pursuing a different path. It seemed like a great place, but it kind of annoyed me that anyone with a high school degree could have gotten that job.

At this point, I have realized that what I *really* want to do is be an elementary school teacher. I want my own room and my own class. If I can't find that this summer, then I will be a substitute until I do. That way, at least I will be getting my name out there and more schools will see what I'm capable of.

Thanks for all the support ladies! I will be sure to update this thread any time I get an interview!

crhq5c

Rough_Rock
If you really want to be an elementary school teacher, I would recommend becoming a para instead of a preschool teacher. A para is typically a full-time job with benefits, but you get your foot in the door at a school.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Ok guys. I need some job dust again!

I still haven't found a job and one of the biggest districts in my state is currently on a hiring freeze. So, chances of me getting a job have been reduced. However, one of my mentor teachers from my student teaching called me today and said they will most likely have an opening in kindergarten or first grade. I'm supposed to call and talk to the principal tomorrow to try to get an interview. My teacher told me they want someone with experience since it's so close to school starting. But, she said she also spoke with the hiring team and told them how much experience I already have with the school and that she and the other teachers I worked with would help me set up my room. She is really pushing for me to get this position.

So I am begging for some special job dust so that I can finally get a job and have my classroom!!!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Mayflowers . . . . Ok! Sending you some dusty dust dust . . . . . . . you have people all over the states/world keeping their fingers crossed for you.
Keep us posted.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh!!! Interview tomorrow at 1! I talked to a few of the teachers there and she said they have all been going up to the principal saying that he should just give me the job. But, he says he has to go through the process and that he knows I am a good match, but it doesn't change that he has to go through the process of opening the job to the public and having interviews.

Tomorrow I will be in a group interview with 3 or 4 other candidates. I'm super nervous again, but I am just going to try to stress as much as possible my experience with the school and how great of a match I am for this school. The teachers really want me there and one of the teachers that I have worked on a team with is going to be in the interview. So, hopefully that will help me to be a little more comfortable.

I will update tomorrow and let everyone know how it goes!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Mayflowers- Know that I am Sending DUSTty dust dust! Your way. Congrats on -lining up- the interview so quickly.

Group interview UGH!!! But that is one aspect of any work environment. "playing well with others".

I know you are going to shine epically because the teachers and staff at the school site know your work ethic and commitment to the students.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Mayflowers, im sorry i havent chimed in here yet, but ive been sending **DUST** to you for your search - and extra ***DUST*** for your interview tomorrow, i know you'll be great =)

dandyandi

Rough_Rock
I hope your interview goes well!!! Keep us updated and in the meantime, ****DUST****

I really hope you get the job, though it sounds like all the teachers are pushin for ya and that the principal literally just has to go through the motions. Eeeeep!!! I hope you get it! (P.S. I'm also a first year teacher, and I just landed a job at a charter school, which I definitely didn't expect especially so early in the summer!! So have faith, if it's the right job for you, it will happen!! And if it's not, just be patient. There is a school out there waiting to scoop you up, it just always sucks for us newbies!)

Cupcake28

Rough_Rock
**DUST DUST DUST*** for you!!! It sounds like you've got the support internally, so I can't imagine the other candidates stand a chance. GO GET 'EM!!! :D

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
So the interview went really well! When I showed up at the school all the other candidates were already there (and I was 15 minutes early!). I didn't eat hardly anything all day because I was so nervous, especially once I saw everyone else. But, the staff all greeted me by name right away and that immediately made me feel "back at home". I was a little nervous in the interview and there were a few heart pounding moments, but I settled in quickly. Luckily while I was still student teaching the principal had given me all sorts of advice for interviews so I made sure to take advantage of that and I know he noticed. One thing he said he likes is when people take the time to write down the question and gather their thoughts on the answer. So I did that the entire interview. I know he noticed and not long after I did that, one of the other candidates started doing the same thing (and I think reading off my answers :mad: ).

The principal said we could hear back by Monday afternoon. So, this weekend can honestly not go by fast enough. I am very hopeful that I will get the job, but at the same time, I don't want to get my hopes up too much. It's hard not to though since I already know everyone in the school and I feel like I just fit there. Plus, this is probably my last chance to get a job.

Thank you all for the support! I will let you know when I hear from them!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
FINGERS crossed!!!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Lots of dust, but I'm sure you did better than you think!

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Lots and lots of dust for you!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
***DUST*** cant wait to hear that you got the job on Monday =)

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
I got the call today that I have a second interview!! I'm going tomorrow at 1 and I asked which grade level would be interviewing me (because the teachers of the grade level you would be working with interview you in the second round) and he said they wouldn't know that until registration is finished Thursday afternoon. So, it will just be two teachers from the school.

Keep your fingers crossed guys! I want this job so badly!!!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on getting to the second round of interviews. :appl: Good luck tomorrow!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Congrats - lots of dust for the second round!

Cupcake28

Rough_Rock
Ahhhh CONGRATS, MayFlowers!!! You totally got this! Sending lots of dust your way!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on a second interview Mayflowers :appl: im sure you're going to do great!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results