shape
carat
color
clarity

Jimmy Choos Anyone??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Aurelia

Shiny_Rock
Not trying to make you drool
25.gif
, just curious if any of you lovely ladies own Jimmy Choos? Or wish you did?

I am usually a REALLY simple kind of girl, but after a shopping trip to the city with some of my girlfriends I have officially caught the Jimmy Choo bug.

BAD BAD BAD news! For my wallet, my future shopping habits, and my poor fiance who is only 1" taller than me and HATES when I wear heels!
11.gif

Here are the ones I have my eye on... but YIKES that kind of price tag screams CAR PAYMENT to me
14.gif
not shoes...
29.gif

Anyone?? What to do? Of course there are other options but these were heavenly
12.gif

http://www.jimmychoo.com/pws/ProductDetails.ice?ProductID=39893

Aurelia

jimmy choo smooth black.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I pretty much only buy Choos, Manolos, Louboutins, Gucci, Dolce, Prada and Chanel for dressier times. I just love the style and look. They are not always the most comfortable shoes, though...and I have been really into clogs and comfy shoes for the times when I am not dressed up. I also got very into flats, the Tory Burch flats are so cute. I do not blink anymore at the cost, I have a couple pairs the are 700.00 plus, which I never dreamt I would spend on ONE pair of shoes, but I guess you get used to it over time. Once you indulge, it is tough to go back, I look for the details and design in other brands, and just find I love the designer shoes.

Aurelia

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 9:10:42 PM
Author: diamondfan
I pretty much only buy Choos, Manolos, Louboutins, Gucci, Dolce, Prada and Chanel for dressier times. I just love the style and look. They are not always the most comfortable shoes, though...and I have been really into clogs and comfy shoes for the times when I am not dressed up. I also got very into flats, the Tory Burch flats are so cute. I do not blink anymore at the cost, I have a couple pairs the are 700.00 plus, which I never dreamt I would spend on ONE pair of shoes, but I guess you get used to it over time. Once you indulge, it is tough to go back, I look for the details and design in other brands, and just find I love the designer shoes.
THIS is why I am SO worried
23.gif
Must not give in to the dark side... Must not give in to the dark side...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can chant it but boy you will need some strong will power to avoid the lure! I wish you luck fellow shopper...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha i have never been bitten by the expensive shoe bug thank god. i have tried on jimmy choos and other expensive shoes but they just typically don''t call to me. i love shoes though but i am REALLY hard on my shoes, so i could never really justify wearing 700 shoes, hahaa.

but if you do want expensive shoes, check out sites like bluefly and netaporter or whatever it''s called...you can get some great deals on high-end designer shoes...you don''t have to pay full price!! have fun. hehe.

Aurelia

Shiny_Rock
Mara, somehow I thought you would certainly have the expensive shoe obsession! geesh, guess I was wrong! Congratulations to you!
9.gif

I will definitely check out BlueFly & Netaporter - thanks!

Aurelia

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha no i just have the expensive purse obsession! but even then i think i have some sort of reality check mentally...like i couldn''t get TOO Crazy.. (hopefully). my girlfriend though LOVES expensive shoes, most of her shoes are at least $400 or more. she gets a ton of them on discount sites like bluefly or at sales at neimans or whatever. but she has hugely expensive taste all the way around...so the shoes is just part of the equation, hehe. i live vicariously through her.

gotta say i wouldn''t mind a nice pair of christian louboutins with the pretty red sole but again, too hard on the shoes to really ever want to buy them and WEAR them!! at least with a purse you can take awesome care of it....but the shoes go everywhere and step on things, yuck! lol. i think the most i''d pay for is a pair of $200 michael kors or similar but even then i''d prefer to get them on sale instead, hehe.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I used to work in a real estate office and between us, my husband and I made pretty good money, and we had no kids, no debt, and a small house payment. I had a different pair of shoes for each outfit, and I had a lot of nice clothes. Not designer clothes, necessarily, but nice brands. I even had a pair of Kelly green pumps -- I LOVED them.

Fast forward to now. I have a pair of black Eastlake shoes, a pair of name brand tennis shoes (can''t remember what kind, though), and a pair of Finn Comfort sandals. Oh, and a pair of brown shoes I got from WalMart. That''s it folks. My feet grew a size and got very wide after having my kids, and they have not gone back to their former size, so I donated many of my beautiful shoes.
39.gif
My next pair will probably be Finn Comfort. Not exactly fashion forward, but they are saving my poor, falling arches.

I say if you love them, can afford them, and have the occasions to wear them, goooooo for it! There''s nothing like great shoes to make you look and feel gorgeous!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lumpkin, I agree. Nothing like amazing shoes to make you feel great. I rarely walk much in them, they are just not meant for that. If we have a cocktail party or black tie event, I am going into my garage and into another parking area, not much walking. Those skinny heels do not hold up to a lot of walking and they are not always that comfy. I have three kids, I used to be a 7 and now I am an 8.5 or 9...the shoes I gave away would make you cry...but I could not fit in them. My width stayed the same, though, which is good because most of these shoes run more narrow. I have some of the most amazing shoes, I build entire outfits around them...because I love them so much. I have to say I find the Louboutins the MOST uncomfortable of them all...I just bought a pair of black satin peep toe Louboutins to wear to a party with a cream satin and black lace dress and I am going without my hubby who will be overseas. If I had to dance, no way could I manage them, they are like stilts...but so great to look at, so I will sitting a lot I think!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well here's my thing about expensive shoes...personally I just cannot justify spending that kind of money on beautiful footwear because a. I'm too hard on shoes, period, and b. I would want to find a classic enough style that they would last for years and years, but I'm the type of gal who loves a great trend and shoes are one of those things I like to experience trends with to accessorize my mainly classic wardrobe, if that makes sense. So for me to pay $700 or more for a fabulous pair of designer shoes they would have to be something I felt would last me 10 years, i.e. the perfect black slingback, gorgeous nude sparkly sandal for evening, etc. I'd rather spend way less on the trendy styles because until I have a closet that's like 16x26 to fit all kinds of fab shoes and clothing in, what's the point?

What's that great quote from Carrie of Sex and the City? "I like my money where I can see it--hanging in my closet"? Yeah, first I need a closet big enough to actually see every wonderful piece in it, not a closet where I'm forced to change our my winter and summer clothes every six months and put the wardrobe I'm not currently using in the attic so that I forget all about it!

Moral of my story: DH and I need a bigger house with a 4th or 5th or office to devote entirely to a closet for me. That's my little idea of heaven.
2.gif
Til then I will keep dreamin'!
9.gif

ETA: Diamondfan, if your feet ever get to be a 9.5 or 10 could you please give me a call? I would be happy to take any louboutin/choo/blahniks off your feet, hee hee.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monnie, I do tend to stick with classics, I usually do black or that nude champage color. Also, most of these very high end designers have a staple shoe, for Manolo it is the Carolyne sling back in a kitten heel, 70 and 90 mm height, and they do it in leather, satin, fabric...metallic, non metallic, etc. I think they also know that most women want staying power at the price point. I rarely buy anything super trendy at that price range. I love sling backs, peep toes, dorsay cuts, and sandals, and seriously, I have pairs that are 5 years old that look like I could have bought them today, they are classic and timeless. For a shoe I will wear a lot and walk in, I stick with flats or loafers and even though I still spend a lot on them, again, I try to stick with classic looks, at 41 I am too old to be going super crazy with trends.

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
I call them limo shoes. Only wear them from the limo to the event.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blue, that is a funny way to put it! I hate to say it though, sometimes just standing hurts too!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2007 11:13:49 PM
Author: diamondfan
Monnie, I do tend to stick with classics, I usually do black or that nude champage color. Also, most of these very high end designers have a staple shoe, for Manolo it is the Carolyne sling back in a kitten heel, 70 and 90 mm height, and they do it in leather, satin, fabric...metallic, non metallic, etc. I think they also know that most women want staying power at the price point. I rarely buy anything super trendy at that price range. I love sling backs, peep toes, dorsay cuts, and sandals, and seriously, I have pairs that are 5 years old that look like I could have bought them today, they are classic and timeless. For a shoe I will wear a lot and walk in, I stick with flats or loafers and even though I still spend a lot on them, again, I try to stick with classic looks, at 41 I am too old to be going super crazy with trends.
Df, I kind of wish you weren''t so sensible sometimes, LOL! I know you have very classic taste and I''m sure you are somewhat frugal, but can''t I just live vicariously through you and be woo''d by tales of absolutely frivolous silky, sequined, flimsy little shoes that Cinderella herself would crave? Just kidding, you are so fun! I was just reading an article in this month''s Vogue about Jen Just(? I think that was her name but my copy is upstairs andn I''m feelin'' lazy) in Chicago whose yearly clothing budget was around $95k for this year...it totally reminded me of you! At 41 I would be willing to bet that you still look 31--good hearts usually equal youthful appearances in my experience! Seriously, though...my version of chic yet classic can be found in the J.Crew catalog...love their shoes, they are well-made and of such classic styling that for less than $200 I''ve been happy for more than a couple seasons with each purchase when I take care of them.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2007 11:30:48 PM
Author: bluehue
I call them limo shoes. Only wear them from the limo to the event.
Love it. OK, maybe we''re not exactly limo people, but we do have a rental service with a nice fleet of Mercedez'' for when we go into the city and come back the same evening that we use often enough....there have been plenty of times "Joe" has had to circle around the block to drop me away from puddles so I don''t get my cheapie l''il $150 shoes ruined! Can''t get away from puddles or snowbanks in Chicago, unless it''s August and we have a drought!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are a very wise woman! And thanks for the compliments. My hubby freaks when the bills come, but we do attend a lot of functions and see the same people over and over again, so I like to have new things. I do look young for my age, when I do get dressed with the hair and make up and stuff, a lot of people who see me every day all casual and no make up on often do not recognize me! I admit totally to having a shopping disease, but again, I try to stick with really lovely pieces. And when we were first married, at 24, I would NEVER have spent 200.00 on a pair of shoes, let alone 700.00 plus, NO WAY on earth. It just never would have occured to me. I remember buying myself the Prada backpack for grad school (I was 25 maybe?) and thinking how extravagant I was being, and I think I even fibbed a bit to hubby about the price (some things never change!)...but seriously, I am a serious shopper, but have realized if I buy clothes that suit me and are classic, I am at least trying to be a bit wiser about it, and when I want trendy I go to Old Navy or H and M...I even bought skull slip on sneakers at the Vans store when I took my son for his shoes...40.00 bucks and I am happy!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will admit, I see women in their gorgeous shoes and think, why can't I be like that? I'm envious!

But I cannot spend 100s of dollars on shoes where it hurts simply to stand. In fact, I can't spend $20 on shoes where it hurts to stand. It seems weird to give some shoe company big bucks for them to torture me just so others can think I look pretty. Yes, I know...you all are telling me that you feel special in special shoes. I believe you. I'll never know for myself because I won't last 2 seconds in shoes like that.
39.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe TG...don't worry girl I hear ya. I love a sweet pair of flattering heels but they HAVE to be comfy. I have a few pairs of amazing heels that make me feel and look awesome but I can walk in them a mile if I have to. I actually love finding shoes that look sweet and feel sweet too, I actually could never imagine paying a ton of money for something I can barely stand in. I have a few pairs of beautiful shoes that are TOTALLY uncomfortable and I basically never wear them again, there are too many fabulous shoes out there that are not painful!! Plus I love to dance. hehee.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I just don't feel pretty when I am limping. But really, I am jealous of those people with nice feet. Those sexy shoes don't look as nice with my squishy sponge toes. Just like designer dresses aren't meant for plus sizes, designer shoes are not meant for my feet. My cousin can wear any shoe and it looks so gorgeous! And because her feet are a great size and shape, she can actually walk a fair distance in torture shoes.

As for dancing, I LOVE to dance...and whatever shoes I am wearing almost always get kicked off!
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TG, good for you for being honest about your tootsies! LOL! I am blessed with nicely shaped and straight toes, but my feet are cindy crawford/parishilton sized 9.5-10''s, unfortunately, so I have to really make sure the shoes are not too short for my feet even though my feet are cute, ya know? It''s even harder to find a great pair of shoes in my size no matter what....normally the size 5''s and 6''s go faster, then the larger ones (my size) are gone...it''s hard to grab the cream of the crop anywhere whether in store or online.

I''m still not sold on uber expensive shoes...like I said before, it would be lovely to have a closet large enough to display them before I invested the money, I guess...but we''ll see. fun thread anyway!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I''m a total shoe addict, but I''ve been saved from slavery to expensive shoes by having sensitive and very oddly shaped feet. I can''t stand it when my feet hurt (pun intended), so I''ve never gone too overboard on expensive shoes. Well... other than that time in italy with the two pairs of pink ferragamo shoes, but that was only because I lost a zero in my lire to dollar conversion! I swear!

I am glad I don''t live in a city where Choos and Prada are common, I''d have a harder time resisting. I can just imagine that conversation with my soon-to-be DH. *Shudder*

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It bugs me that they almost always SEEM comfy in the store...but once you stand and put weight on them or walk at all, OUCH. I have had gorgeous shoes on that hurt just trying them on, the salesguy will try to tell me he can stretch them etc, but if they hurt just trying them on, no way. I get that beauty is pain but that is just silly. I have learned if hubby and I go to NY I wear shoes that are comfy, waterproof and good for lots of walking, yet stylish. (talk about the Holy Grail, I think there have been other threads on this). And he thinks I am nuts when it is winter here, snowy, wet or icy, and I am in spike heels to go to a party, but most times, we go from our garage to valet or inside parking, so I tend to think I make it from point A to point B with minimal fuss. I have nice feet, not too wide or narrow, with longer thin toes and a high arch, so I look nice in heels and strappy shoes, I also have good calves from running and exercising, so from the knees down I am great!!

Aurelia

Shiny_Rock
Thanks girls - good to know I''m not entirely alone
3.gif

I think part of it is that I get REALLY bored wearing scrubs & sneakers to work every day... there really is not much you can do to glam THAT look up
11.gif
But then again, my FI fell in love with me while seeing me every day in scrubs, so perhaps I shouldn''t worry about it too much
9.gif
Not that these would be for work! Certainly not -- we''re going to a super formal black tie fundraising thing with the hospital and a bunch of pharmaceutical types - not exactly our crowd, but I want to look nice!

I''ve got another two months... if only I can keep the shoe demons under control until then!
11.gif

Aurelia

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Aurelia,

I have those in silver and they are worth every penny. They are my one super shoe splurge. I''ve had them for 3 years and wear them every chance I get including for my wedding.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore expensive shoes!! I have a couple of pairs of jimmy choos and last year in New York, I got two pairs of Manolo Blahniks. I adore them!! I have to get another couple of pairs this year in NY again!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not to say that I won't in the future. but I've been good about it so far.... The most expensive pair of shoes I own are a pair of Stewart Weitzman evening heels. Brown laquer heel with a small platform in front, black matte satin... and 4 inches high. And they are super comfortable. I'm not kidding. I bought them retail for over 250 and have had them for ... 8 years now. Still look great.

I'm being super frugal right now (with the exception of the Dim Sum issue) so I'm sticking to shoes that are under 100. But I do browse Off Saks and Last Call. Although I'd purposely NOT signed up for their mailing lists becuase if I get a 50% of one item couple... those 600 shoes are going to look like a steal at 300.
11.gif

I too have great feet for designer shoes. I'm a 7.5- 8 and my feet run narrower than most. The good news about that is my feet make even less expensive shoes look good.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results