shape
carat
color
clarity

Jimmy Choo shoes and Gucci clothes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lien,
Who carries Manolos in Singapore?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2007 6:46:51 AM
Author: Harriet
Lien,
Who carries Manolos in Singapore?
They opened I think a few months ago in the Hilton. The shoes there are v. pretty but too narrow for my feet. I am like a C width, I think (?).

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2007 9:16:20 AM
Author: lienTN
They opened I think a few months ago in the Hilton. The shoes there are v. pretty but too narrow for my feet. I am like a C width, I think (?).
So am I. But, my shoe guy assures me that they are my besy bet, aside from Ferraggamo. I wonder how the prices compare to those here.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2007 6:50:19 PM
Author: Harriet

Date: 5/31/2007 9:16:20 AM
So am I. But, my shoe guy assures me that they are my besy bet, aside from Ferraggamo. I wonder how the prices compare to those here.

I have no idea how both of these compare to prices in the US, but MB sell for over SD1k a pair, and Ferragamo a little bit less. Btw, I checked out the Choo shoes in the sale here and am UNhappy to report I''ve not bought a single pair
6.gif
. Didn''t really see anything I like.
7.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2007 3:29:36 PM
Author: Nicrez

Years of wearing heels I suppose I ruined them beyond repair, like ballerinas often do to their toes... I have gotten into flats for the practicality of it, and I like them, yet I find they can be just as uncomfortable to me, because my calves and shins hurt more when wearing flats too long, but when in heels only the balls of my feet hurt if I am in the too long
My girlfriends almost don''t believe me - I''d much rather wear heels all day every day.
Flats hurt my feet.
I''m 5''8 and they (and my 5''8 guy friends) say I don''t need any more height.

Ever have a pair of heels callous the ball of your foot - now that feels awkward...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 8:27:45 AM
I have no idea how both of these compare to prices in the US, but MB sell for over SD1k a pair, and Ferragamo a little bit less. Btw, I checked out the Choo shoes in the sale here and am UNhappy to report I''ve not bought a single pair
6.gif
7.gif
I went to the Tod''s sale too late, and only found 1 thing.
29.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 8:27:45 AM
6.gif
7.gif
I just bought 2 basic MP pumps, and they were US$495.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I realised that I never posted the pic of my jimmy choos-here are my shoes

Bee-7920.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh bee those shoes are fabulous!!!! love them.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bee, I love them! Super duper cute!
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you! I never did get another pair while I was in NY but I got a pair of Manolos and a pair of fendi shoes instead
1.gif
It took me about 5 hours to actually manage to post that photo so if I can figure it out again I''ll post photos of them

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll just see is this working-yay think it is. This is a pair of Manolos that I picked up in NY this year-I love them and they are like slippers to wear

th_DSC00078.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s another photo of them

th_DSC00079.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
and these are the fendi shoes that I bought

th_DSC00083.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry all the photos are different sizes-still trying to get the knack of posting photos!

th_DSC00082.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, you have so super cute shoes!! I love them!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks again! Shoes are definitely my favorite things to buy.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE those Fendis. So retro and cute.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Bee-- Your collection is so cute! How would you compare the comfort factor of your Choos to Manolos?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I find the Manolo''s much comfier. The choos are very comfy too in comparison to most of my other shoes, but the Manolo''s are like slippers to wear, for me anyway. I was at a wedding a few months ago and I wore them from 10 in the morning until last man standing at 6 the next morning (hey it was an irish wedding!!) and I was the only girl still wearing my shoes, and my feet still didn''t hurt. I love them.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Bee, I''m in agreement with you about Manolos; I find that they''re so well-balanced that I can wear my 90s all day at work without a problem (unlike Louboutins-- so cute, yet so overly delicate!), so I keep on buying them instead of Jimmy Choo.... but everytime I see a cute strappy Choo HH sandal like yours, it''s obvious that I''ve been missing out. LOL... thanks for the review!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any louboutins myself-Im hoping to add a pair to my collection soon though. I think the choos are so gorgeous looking though-they are some great designs out there. I just don''t think I could wear them all day though without my feet hurting.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Louboutins are NOT really comfy. I have a few pairs and find my feet hurt after a while. I did just get a lower wedge pair, in black patent with a criss crossed peep toe and they are likely to be comfier since they are not 4 plus inches high!

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/30/2007 7:44:38 PM
Author: diamondfan
Louboutins are NOT really comfy. I have a few pairs and find my feet hurt after a while. I did just get a lower wedge pair, in black patent with a criss crossed peep toe and they are likely to be comfier since they are not 4 plus inches high!
I agree, but I find it so very hard to resist those red soles. I don''t what it is about it that appeals to me-- feng shui for shoes?-- so I keep buying those pretty yet highly impractical shoes. There is one exception IMO, though: Louboutin Espadrilles. I don''t know if it''s because of the french origin/tradition of the shoe, but they''re excellent. My first british (Burberry) pair''s straps snapped due to poor design, my second brit (also Burberry) rubs my big toe so the rarely get worn, and an inexpensive american pair I bought to destroy in the red dirt of Kauai (Tommy Hilfiger) I''ve since discovered has some hard piece of cardboard embedded in the toe area to keep its shape but grates on toe tips. (Sigh.)

Of course, it''s been my experiences that even the most macho, obtuse man notices black Louboutins.
31.gif
Of course, fiance''s been around long enough that he notices, then groans at the red sole, because he knows it means we''ll likely be doing valet. I recently tried on the following at Nordstrom, and can''t decide if the rounded toe is cute, or if 2007 really is about the peep-toe: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?cmCat=search&itemId=prod35000038 versus http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod37040124&parentId=cat6940736&masterId=cat000209&index=2&cmCat=search . Ladies, opinions? Thanks!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have black satin heels, patent heels, leather heels, leather sling backs and the patent wedges. I tried on a pair of the espadrilles but the straps are such that my foot goes way forward in them, and I feel as if my toes will hang over since the fabric seems too loose. But I absolutely love them. I have seen a couple of gorgeous pairs for fall and for evening that I love too...they are sexy but not for walking a lot.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh I like both of those fleur! There really is something about those red soles and I quite like the rounded toe. That will have to be my next purchase-a pair of louboutins and then when I head to NY next year another pair of Manolos!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I wish I could wear Jimmy Choos. I wear a size 4.5 shoe and have the worst time finding shoes that fit. I know that Stuart Weitzman carries shoes that fit me but I've always wanted a pair of Choos. Jimmy Choo in Hawaii carries size 4 so I had them send me a pair of Eleven pumps in size 4 and they were still too big! I have narrow feet and a narrow heel - there was like 1/2 inch between my heel and the back of the shoe

7.gif
The store manager said that I might have more luck with Louboutins because they run small and they come in size 4 (which I've never seen here in SF).

He also told me there were ladies who got collagen injections on the balls of their feet so they could wear heels and not feel pain

23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
which also added volume to the foot so it would be bigger in size. That totally blew me away...I've NEVER heard of getting collagen injections on the soles of your feet! Incredible.

What I really love are the Louboutin Super Wallis Platform Pumps, of course they don't have my size but I can always dream.

9.gif

index (Small).jpg

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
I am a self confessed shoe whore and if money was no object I would own 100''s. I like Jimmys and but alas have no MB"s although my sister does and regualrs runs around the city in them and claims they are more comfy than converse sneakers. I am dying to get a pair CL patent pumps but I realise they are red carpet shoes only.
Still they look so darn good. I want them
4.gif

cllust.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kate, they are stunning but I only wear mine if I am not doing a lot of walking or dancing. I have been having low back issues lately and a heel that high is just terrible for my back.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Your so right Caroline there is nothing worse than back pain in the name of fashion that''s for sure and I remember being crippled for days after wearing very high shoes to a U2 concert and dancing and thinking how young and freespirited I was and the next dayw were torture
7.gif
/
Having said that I love these Azzedine Alaia l

azzedine_alaia_patent_t_strap_sandals.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results