shape
carat
color
clarity

Jim Hjelm bridesmaid prices anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

September8

Rough_Rock
I know they are more upscale, but i am wondering what some people have paid for bm dresses from them.

ballpark figures are ok becuase i know it probably varies by store and state and all that jazz.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
The ones we looked at were in the lower/mid $200s I think? It was a while ago though. They are gooorrrrrgeous quality in person!! My MOH would have bought one on the spot if it had come in a more my-wedding-appropriate color, but we still might go with that style in the end just in a neutral with colorful accents if we don''t find anything else we both like. But for her (my only attendant), she decided she would rather spend an extra $100 and get a dress she loves and really will wear again, than spend $100 something on a dress she doesn''t like. But of course everyone has their own budgets and priorities and if you have multiple girls it''s a lot harder to do that!

E B

Ideal_Rock
The Knot lists Jim Hjelm BM dresses at 2 $$ which means $150-$250.

ETA: I found another Jim Hjelm BM dress with lace at 3 $, so I guess they run anywhere from $150-$350.

September8

Rough_Rock
Thank you :)

I was trying on gowns this past weekend and some girls that were there at the same time were trying on like every Jim Hjelm dress they had in the store and each one was lovely looking!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
They run about $200-$300 when I was getting quotes from them last year. Although it''s interesting what some of you have commented about their quality, bc when I saw them in person I thought the quality of the fabrics was terrible, at least, for the taffeta-ish/satin stuff. Maybe things have changed. I love their styles though!

I would also recommend trying to order online to save money, if you can, I got some quotes from bridesave, or RK bridal, or something like that, and it brought the prices down below $200, which was more reasonable IMO.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Really, flopkins? Hmmm...
40.gif
I guess I was only really looking at the one dress that we were considering most seriously (which did look good quality!!) and the only other bridesmaids dresses I''ve really been up close and personal with to compare it to were David''s Bridal.
2.gif
But I guess all that really matters to me for this one is that it looks pretty in pictures and it''s worth the money to HER to spend it!
9.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
albi - who knows? maybe they were just a bad set of samples. Iguess it has to do w/the price too, I thought for that high of a price the quality would be better? ( Iguess that''s the case w/pretty much ALL BM dresses though, IMO!! haha) but maybe cuz they were samples, they were kinda worn or something. I dunnos. I only saw them at the one store, and ended up not getting Jim Hjelm bc of other reasons.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
do you know what the fabric content is?
I found that most of the BM dresses out there, including high-end, high-priced ones were all polyester or some other synthetic.

I wore a V. Wang Maids dress for a friends wedding that was listed at 290, but we bought through another retailer for 226. 100% polyester- full length, end of June, dreadfully hot. It looked nice in pictures, but I couldn''t wait to get it off and I know my fellow maids felt the same way.

I believe that some BM dresses are done in silk- I know Watters and watters does duponi, and aria dresses are silk.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
My maids wore a Jim line and the cost for the dress was $245.00, and the alterations were free for them at the salon we ordered them through. The fabric was chiffon. A little on the pricier side, but the cut on the dress itself had the look I wanted, sort of a Grecian goddess - flowy...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results