shape
carat
color
clarity

JFF: What would YOU buy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so I''m having a rough day and nothing cheers me up more than eye candy and since I''ll already thoroughly browsed everything new in the Show Me the Ring forum, I thought I''d come to you ladies for some amusement. I thought we could play what would you buy with $1500. Must be jewelry but all stones are fair game. But it''s like the price is right, you CANNOT go over. Ok I''m playing too and I really just picked that number out of thin air so I''m gonna do some research and post my answer when I find it. I know the enormous budgets are fun but I think its a good challenge to try to find something amazing for a good deal. Thanks!

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I looked at some beautiful old european cut rings but decided on this beautiful band totaling $1395. Now if only I had $1400 lying around....

http://www.topazery.com/antique-jewelry-item-rg1927.htm

rg1927-2.jpg

NCSUchick27

Shiny_Rock
Probably this ring because Emerald is my birth stone. I''ve never had any real Emerald jewelry.
It''s $1,310 from Blue Nile.

ER30400100_main.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Nice thread! I'd get this .5 carat half-bezel pendant (in white gold) from Whiteflash. ETA: It's $1,415.

whiteflashhalfbezelpendant.jpg

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 8:44:23 PM
Author: mscushion
Nice thread! I''d get this .5 carat half-bezel pendant (in white gold) from Whiteflash. ETA: It''s $1,415.

oh, that''s nice! that''s a great pick-me-up!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Cute Topic!

I thought this was pretty:
Diamond right hand ring set with Whiteflash ACA diamond melee (1.10ctw; Color: F/G, Clarity: VS).
Triple Cluster diamond ring... cuz my right hand deserves some bling too, right? :)

$1,489.00 in white gold

trplcluster2.jpg

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Or these (b/c i don''t have diamond earrings)

$1,470.00 in 18k Yellow Gold 0.75ctw

I thought they were pretty

diamondearringswf.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, fun game!

If I wanted to be boring, I''d say that would pay for (or go towards?) my engagement ring setting. But, I don''t feel like being boring, so first I''d get one of these:

DBTY necklace for $975!

DBTYnecklaceforgwen.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
With the remaining money, I''d buy these diamond earrings in white gold for $450. And then, with the leftover $75, maybe get myself a good jewelry cleaner.
5.gif

prettydanglyerngsforgwen.jpg

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
I''d get either the DBTY necklace like Gwen or this one from Blue Nile - Diamond Curved Necklace in 18k White Gold (1 ctw) for $1,330.
30.gif

bluenile1477.jpg

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys I''m loving this. All of the choices are so pretty.

jaylex - that RHR is a TON of bling for $1500! Very nice. Also I love the way those earrings are set.

AdiS- LOVE that necklace!

trillionaire- that''s so sweet that you didn''t even spend it on yourself. I saw that style ring for the first time like a week ago and am so intrigued as to how they make it look like that. It''s so unique.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
There are some really pretty antique pieces on the diamondbistro I''d be snatching up!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not entirely sure on price, but I''d get a white gold JM ring with a fairly inexpensive pale purple stone. I think this entire set up might be closer to $2,000, but I can''t really research it to find out.

If that goes over, I''d get OEC diamond stud earrings in the largest size I could find.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I would get this one, $1.350.00

gaby1500.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Diamond studs, definitely. I want!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results