shape
carat
color
clarity

JFF: lf you were to propose to your man, how would you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Our plan was (originally) that we'd buy my ring and his new shiny computer at the same time as engagement pressies for each other, so I would have his shiny new computer set up on his desk, but leave little clues in the flat to hint that something good is really coming--probably start small, like his favourite chocolates, then a bucket of fried chicken or something (yeah, I'd have fun with it, so what?
3.gif
), then a computer game he's wanted (that would only run on a new machine), which would then lead him to his shiny new toy! Then I'd get down on my knee and ask him.
9.gif

How would you do it?
2.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I allowed to post if I did do it?

Your idea is too cute!

ETA: (Gwen, can I thread jack for a second? I posted in hangout about citizenship jewellery. Since you may there in a few years, I'd especially love your opinion.)

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 4:24:18 PM
Author: Addy
Am I allowed to post if I did do it?

Your idea is too cute!
Of course, dahlink!! No need to ask; you''re always welcome!
1.gif

ETA: (Gwen, can I thread jack for a second? I posted in hangout about citizenship jewellery. Since you may there in a few years, I''d especially love your opinion.)
Oh, thanks for the heads-up--I''ll go look for it now! *whooshes off*

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Well let me just say that as I''m typing this all I can picture is Mr. Fiery''s face and it is cracking me up. The man would be so mortified if I had ever proposed to him. It kind of makes me wish I had just to see that look on his face
11.gif

Anyway, he''s really into music and produces a lot of melodies. Mostly hip-hop/r&B. I don''t have a creative bone in my body but sometimes when he''s in his studio for hours I''ll run in there, grab the microphone, and do some really stupid song about how I''m going to leave him for the mailman (who''s super hot BTW) if he doesn''t get out of his hole and spend time with me.

So for the proposal, I think I would write a song. A funny one though about each year of our relationship in little cards throughout the house. I''d do year one and tape it to the door, then year two maybe in the entrance to the house, so on and so forth. Then I''d have the last year, or last verse, be something where I can say "will you marry me" and it''ll make sense.

But seriously, he would die. Then I can marry the mailman
11.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
This is an interesting topic. I think I would have made it as public as possible - like baseball game and jumbo tron... but my proposal would have been declined.
33.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Fun!

Well, my SO loves dogs and I''ve never been much of a dog person. I''d buy him a puppy and tie a balloon onto his leash that said "Will you marry me?" When my SO would return home from work I''d let the puppy greet him at the door!

I would seriously consider this idea as a ''just because'' gift, except most breeders do an extensive background check. Since I''ve never owned a dog before I probably wouldn''t qualify on my own!
28.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I would walk up to him and grunt, "You! MINE." Then I would throw him over my shoulder and carry him to my cave. (OK, that would never happen because he's too tall for lil' me to hoist.)
31.gif
No, in all seriousness... I would probably just ask him out of the blue on a really gorgeous day when I felt the happiest with him. Then I'd grunt, "You! MINE." LOL.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I would propose the exact same way he proposed to me - while cuddling in bed.

ringless

Shiny_Rock
I would fly us out to Costa Rica where he has a surf trip with his guy''s every year (and is constantly talking about going back and sending me links to houses, etc.) and we would just enjoy our time there, not sure how I would propose, but I''m sure it would be on the beach!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a software geek, and sometimes I make little cute flash games for fun. If I were going to propose, I''d make a game with the proposal hidden in it, and have him "test" it out.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went for a walk in a garden in my city and toward the end, when we were sitting down looking over the main city street, I gave him a photo album of our photos with his ring on the last page. We got a take-away pizza and ate it on the porch with wine.

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 4:41:52 PM
Author: Bliss
I would walk up to him and grunt, ''You! MINE.'' Then I would throw him over my shoulder and carry him to my cave. (OK, that would never happen because he''s too tall for lil'' me to hoist.)
31.gif
No, in all seriousness... I would probably just ask him out of the blue on a really gorgeous day when I felt the happiest with him. Then I''d grunt, ''You! MINE.'' LOL.
LOL!!!!! You totally just cracked me up! ...trying to imagine my smallish 5''5 frame hoisting my SO''s large 6''5 body over my shoulder...LOL...I can''t stop laughing!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d probably try to write MINE on his stomach while he was asleep. Then when he wakes up and asks me what the hell this is, I would ask him to marry me.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
36.gif

I could have the words "Will you marry me, XXXXXX" in signs as we were snowboarding down a slope, or written in the snow below the ski lift.

If not there, then at our alma mater, maybe at homecoming, in front of a huge group of our friends.

Oooor, I would rent a beach cruiser and ride him on the handle bars on the campus of our alma mater (we did this in undergrad and I ran him into a tree!), then stop to have a picnic in the grass in front of the library, and give him a palm rose, like he got for me in undergrad in front of the library, and the ring would be on it. :) I think it would be very sweet and personal! lol, can I cry if I am the one proposing? Because I almost cried just writing and thinking about that...

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
you ladies are cracking me up!
plus, there are some super sweet proposals in here!

alas, i am with fiery - E would die and walk out the door if i did the proposing!! i can''t even imagine a way he wouldnt be embarrassed.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
These are really sweet
1.gif
We''re such romantics!

SO and I love going to the beach in the off seasons - spring or fall (winters too cold!) and laying in the sand in sweatshirts and comfy jeans with our hoods on and our arms draped around one another. I love it sooo much when he lays on his back with this hands behind his head and I get to lay on his chest and talk right to his face. I think I''d rest my head on his chest so I could hear his heartbeat and feel the sweatshirt warmth right up against my face, and tell him all the the things I love about him, reminisce about some of my favorite memories of us, and ask him to marry me.
1.gif

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 10:23:02 PM
Author: trillionaire
I could have the words ''Will you marry me, XXXXXX'' in signs as we were snowboarding down a slope, or written in the snow below the ski lift.

This is totally what I would do to trillionaire!

Or at one of our favorite places on campus. Except I don''t think I''d get him a ring... just something for his future machine shop... haha.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 4:34:56 PM
Author: sammyj

Well, my SO loves dogs and I've never been much of a dog person. I'd buy him a puppy and tie a balloon onto his leash that said 'Will you marry me?' When my SO would return home from work I'd let the puppy greet him at the door!

I would seriously consider this idea as a 'just because' gift, except most breeders do an extensive background check. Since I've never owned a dog before I probably wouldn't qualify on my own!
28.gif

You could get a dog at the SPCA without such an extensive background check (and save a cute dog who might not otherwise get a home at the same time!)

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 9:58:36 PM
Author: JulieN
I''d probably try to write MINE on his stomach while he was asleep. Then when he wakes up and asks me what the hell this is, I would ask him to marry me.
lol

I''d probably write it on his forehead so that when he looks in the mirror first thing that morning, he''d see it and be like, "what the hell..." Then I''d say, "Marry me?"

But, I''d never do that either because FI wouldn''t be having it...he''s supremely traditional in the engagement sense.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hahah, these are a great mix of the sweet and the amusing. Well done, ladies!
9.gif
36.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I would take him golfing at this links course on the East coast he''s always wanted to go to and somehow have a course attendant put a ball already in the cup of the 18th hole that read "Will you Marry Me" written/embossed on it. That way, he could keep the special ball in his hole-in-one trophy case thingy.

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 4:26:54 PM
Author: Starset Princess
I would take him golfing at this links course on the East coast he''s always wanted to go to and somehow have a course attendant put a ball already in the cup of the 18th hole that read ''Will you Marry Me'' written/embossed on it. That way, he could keep the special ball in his hole-in-one trophy case thingy.
I really like this idea! My BF LOVES LOVES to golf!!!

But I''d probably write "Will you marry me" on a tennis ball and while we were playing tennis serve it to him, really soft so that I fouled, and he''d have to pick up the ball, I''d met him at the center of the court and ask him to marry me...

I''d do it this way because the first time I fell in love with him we were on a tennis court in High School.

Now wouldn''t that be funny if that''s how he did it!

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Haha this is so cute. While I''m sure I could think of some silly ideas my SO is a big sap (I love it) so he''d like something romantic. I would take him to the sand dunes by my family''s lake house and set up candles at the top (where you can see a beautiful view of Lake Michigan) and once we had climbed to the top together and were in all the candles I''d get down on one knee and propose.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm, I have two ideas. The first that came to me, to put a posting in the newspaper he writes for. However the more I thought about this, the more I wondered if he actually read it! LMAO!

So then I had to think. AHA! He introduced me to sushi, and now I love it! So, I would, some how!, get it written in sushi. Take him to the restaurant etc etc, as the waiter came out, would tell him all that mushy stuff, so when the plate got set down, I could say, so will you marry me? Perhaps the ring could be in the little dipping dish, before the soy sauce got poured!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 8:47:14 PM
Author: Still_Waiting

Date: 3/24/2009 4:41:52 PM
Author: Bliss
I would walk up to him and grunt, ''You! MINE.'' Then I would throw him over my shoulder and carry him to my cave. (OK, that would never happen because he''s too tall for lil'' me to hoist.)
31.gif
No, in all seriousness... I would probably just ask him out of the blue on a really gorgeous day when I felt the happiest with him. Then I''d grunt, ''You! MINE.'' LOL.
LOL!!!!! You totally just cracked me up! ...trying to imagine my smallish 5''5 frame hoisting my SO''s large 6''5 body over my shoulder...LOL...I can''t stop laughing!
ROFL!!! Now that''s why they say women are more romantic than men! Love the ''You! MINE.'' grunting touch.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results