shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry travel cases?

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I don't usually travel with much jewelry, and tend to leave the really valuable stuff behind in the safe, but I've been looking for a nice, compact case that I can safely carry in my purse. I don't wear necklaces, so would just need something that could accommodate rings and earrings, and wouldn't be too bulky or obvious in a medium sized purse. Does anyone have any favorites, or suggestions for where to look? I've seen a lot of jewelry rolls, but would rather have something that provides a little more protection to the jewelry. Ideas?

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
kelpie|1312119722|2981046 said:
My coworkers gave me this monogrammed set as a parting gift and the small box is fantastic for travel. They got it from red envelope.
http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/c/0/0/20/9/AAAADDYqh-YAAAAAACCQng.jpg

What a lovely going-away gift, Kelpie! It shows they know you well. Unfortunately, I couldn't find this on Red Envelope currently. I can't tell from the photo, does the smaller case have any kind of closure mechanism?

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
It's really one of my favorite gifts ever. I don't think I'll ever find a better office. Even better they engraved it with my new initials which was so exciting (I'd been married only 8 weeks) but I didn't even notice the monogram until I'd had it a month. It snaps shut and the inner box would fit fine in a purse as long as its not really narrow. Here is a better link, I was posting from my phone before. I can't get redenvelope.com to open. :confused:

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/leather-travel-jewelry-case

This one looks good too:

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/leather-travel-jewelry-case.-earring-cufflink-stud-ring-jewelry-box-by-budd-leather

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Kelpie, I like the looks and size of both of those, although I couldn't find the version you have on Red Envelope.

centralsquare, those are beautiful, and a great size, but certainly at Tiffany prices! Whoa. But so pretty....

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That's very blingy, Kelpie! I love it. I actually like the black one, too. I wonder if they have any other colors? Off to check out the company.....

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
I used to use a really small tackle box. Not very pretty, but cheap.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like my Baggalini jewelry square. It's small, holds quite a few different pieces, and is practical and inexpensive. A number of different websites have it for sale in different colors.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
rainwood|1312157398|2981290 said:
I like my Baggalini jewelry square. It's small, holds quite a few different pieces, and is practical and inexpensive. A number of different websites have it for sale in different colors.
Another Baggallini fan here. I recommend getting the jewelry square in a bright color so you can spot it in your luggage or purse.

Baggallini jewelry square.jpg

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
rainwood and Fly Girl: I didn't know Baggallini made jewelry cases! Which is sad, considering one of my travel purses is a Baggallini. Those are so cute and bright, and talk about reasonably priced! Wow. Thanks for the information, I think that may be the way to go. Plus, when I open my purse while we're traveling, I don't think it screams "Jewelry Inside!!!" the way some cases do.

Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions.

helen_gin

Rough_Rock
That is adorable!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love love love mine. I have bought other's in this style but they always break after a year or less. So I finally splurged and went for the blue box (the only "blue box" item I own too, which is funny cause NONE of what's in there came in a blue box!)

I've been thrilled with it. It's leather outside. Suede inside. Industrial zippers. And they will fix it if it breaks and make it all new again!!!

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=26500087&mcat=148212&cid=667912&search_params=s+5-p+17-c+667912-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+ The one I bought, the small size, cause it fits in very 'discreet' pockets and hides very well.

The larger size: I think this one also comes in black.
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=26500079&mcat=148212&cid=667912&fromGrid=1&search_params=s+5-p+17-c+667912-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1312187227|2981509 said:
I love love love mine. I have bought other's in this style but they always break after a year or less. So I finally splurged and went for the blue box (the only "blue box" item I own too, which is funny cause NONE of what's in there came in a blue box!)

I've been thrilled with it. It's leather outside. Suede inside. Industrial zippers. And they will fix it if it breaks and make it all new again!!!

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=26500087&mcat=148212&cid=667912&search_params=s+5-p+17-c+667912-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+ The one I bought, the small size, cause it fits in very 'discreet' pockets and hides very well.

The larger size: I think this one also comes in black.
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=26500079&mcat=148212&cid=667912&fromGrid=1&search_params=s+5-p+17-c+667912-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+-k+

Tiffany's has some beautiful jewelry rolls and cases, that's for sure. Is this what you keep your good jewelry in at home, too?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one from tiffany that i take to hotels when I am only taking jewelry that I wear and nothing extra, and another from leatherology that fits in my purse that I bring if i want a few extra pieces. Leatherology has great quality, I have many thins from them.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I have a nice jewelry box, but my cat can open the drawers. So yes, I keep my nice piece in my Tiffany Roll.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www.leatherology.com/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=LWS09450B10226 I LOVE THIS ONE... Thanks for the headup Luv2... It's leather outside and suede inside like my Tiffany one.

I'm definitely getting one of these. And It's only 49 bucks! Love it.

Is it worth ten bucks just to get olive green?

10 bucks for shipping. I'm have to wait till they have a free shipping. The holidays are soon enough. Still, LOVE THE BAG.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
If you use it a lot, then I'd say 'yes'!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
luv2sparkle: Someone on one of the forums had posted about Leatherology a few months back, but I couldn't find the link. Was it you? Anyway, this is exactly what I had been looking for, so thank you for posting this! I've ordered one of the Baggallini travel cases, but I'm going to put one of the small, roundish Leatherology cases on my Christmas wish list, too.

Gypsy I only use my wooden jewelry box for odds and ends I never really wear. I have a few rings and earring out on my dresser in cases, and everything else in the safe. I need some way of organizing stuff that is in the safe, so I was wondering how your jewelry roll worked in terms of organization. Right now there's a jumble of unset stones in boxes, and jewelry in boxes, and I can never find anything easily. And getting a color you love is always worth it, in my mind!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1312507368|2984470 said:
http://www.leatherology.com/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=LWS09450B10226 I LOVE THIS ONE... Thanks for the headup Luv2... It's leather outside and suede inside like my Tiffany one.

I have this one from Leatherology and I LOVE it. My mom actually received it as a gift but already had something similar, so she passed it off to me. It actually lives in my gym bag so I have a place to put all my bling while I'm working out. It works out so well!

I also have this travel jewelry case from Vera Bradley which I received as a gift and fit all my wedding jewelry with room to spare.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I used the "Capri Jewelry Portfolio", which looks exactly like a ladies' wallet. It's flat without jewelry, and even with jewelry fit nicely in my purse, which is very important because I always carry my jewelry in my purse when in transit. It is also not so obviously a jewelry case, which I like: http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10024806&N=&Ntt=jewelry

I also have a more bulky one lined in velvet that has a zipper, which I keep with my jewelry in case I have to move something. The zipper makes me feel more secure about not having anything fall out. I also used to have a leather bound box, which was nice because I never had to worry about things being crushed, but I gave it to my sister to use for some valuable jewelry on a long distance trip. There are several options here: http://www.containerstore.com/shop?showDS=true&Nmpt=&Ntt=jewelry&submit=GO

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1312547391|2984731 said:
Gypsy|1312507368|2984470 said:

I have this one from Leatherology and I LOVE it. My mom actually received it as a gift but already had something similar, so she passed it off to me. It actually lives in my gym bag so I have a place to put all my bling while I'm working out. It works out so well!

I also have this travel jewelry case from Vera Bradley which I received as a gift and fit all my wedding jewelry with room to spare.

Just received this one from Leatherology and wanted to follow up. I LOVE IT. It's frankly nicer and better organized than my Tiffany one. Great transaction, prompt shipping and lovely product. I got the black italian leather with the blue stitching (really should have thought about all the white cat hair before ordering black anything... :rolleyes: ) and it's just fabulous.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aoife|1312546850|2984722 said:
luv2sparkle: Someone on one of the forums had posted about Leatherology a few months back, but I couldn't find the link. Was it you? Anyway, this is exactly what I had been looking for, so thank you for posting this! I've ordered one of the Baggallini travel cases, but I'm going to put one of the small, roundish Leatherology cases on my Christmas wish list, too.

Gypsy I only use my wooden jewelry box for odds and ends I never really wear. I have a few rings and earring out on my dresser in cases, and everything else in the safe. I need some way of organizing stuff that is in the safe, so I was wondering how your jewelry roll worked in terms of organization. Right now there's a jumble of unset stones in boxes, and jewelry in boxes, and I can never find anything easily. And getting a color you love is always worth it, in my mind!

I think it would help you... but not with the loose stones. I keep my loose stuff in a separate box full of little plastic boxes. With my set jewelry it's fabulous. How are you liking your Baggallini?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't have much jewelry really--my rings and some small diamond studs, and what I do wear while travelling, I have their respective boxes in a little cosmetic pouch with my loupe. Remember that I am insane.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I am glad that you found one at Leatherology you love. Here is a pic of the one I have. Don't they come packaged beautifully?
I have a neoprene case for my ipad, but I would love to have one from Leatherology. Here is a tip: if you want something that you
find a bit pricey, keep checking their site. They frequently put items in a certain color on sale for a ridiculous price, and if you are
patient you will find the thing you love.

I purchased this jewelry case for $17 dollars and a credit card holder that hold my cards and cash for about 6 bucks. The jewelry case
was in pink and the credit card holder in red. I probably wouldn't have picked those colors but the price was too good to pass up.

The jewelry case fits well in my purse, even a small travel cross body bag, yet holds quite a bit. It has a zippered pouch in the center
to hold watches or earrings that you don't want to fit in the holes. My favorite part is the little pouches that hold your pendants,
the chains don't get as tangled and are easy to put in and get out.

LWS09458A05267_1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My computer is glitchy today. Argh, ate my post.

Luv2... I will keep looking for their daily deals. If I can get another at a lower price I would be happy. Plus I think they would make lovely gifts. Thanks so much for the recommendation. The packaging is truly lovely, absolutely. I love your red one-- it's the larger size up from the one I got, I might have to look into that size too. It's a great purchase, thanks again!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh you guys are such a bad influence! I just ordered the jewelry case plus a toiletries case from Leatherology. They have great looking stuff!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results