shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry store interview!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Yvette

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I''m really new as an "official" LIW, but I am so excited/nervous I could burst... and as a long-time lurker, I know the power of Pricesope dust! I have an interview tomorrow for a FT sales position with a local high-end jewelry store that has an awesome reputation. I want this job SO BADLY! I''m freaking out about what suit to wear, what jewelry to wear, how to wear my hair... and I''m usually very chill about this kind of thing.

If you have any to spare, job dust, please!!! And suggestions for outfits, if you have any.
1.gif

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to the group.

Lots of dust for a great interview.

I''m not a great person for fashion advice. I did notice that the women where we went yesterday wore clothing that kind of showed off their jewelry. A shirt with a neckline to show off a pendant. Dark shirt to enhance the appearance of a bracelet.

Sorry I can''t be more of a help. I''ll keep sending lots of dust for you though.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi Yvette,

Congrats on your interview!

Scope out the staff, see what they wear, and then go one notch more formal. Good shoes are a must, and pantyhose.

As for a look, I''d go with understated elegance, : try to look classy in a refined way. Think female executive.

Wear fine jewellery, not fashion jewellery. Choose a metal - silver, gold or platinum and ensure that all your peices are the same metal. Pearls could be nice too. If wearing gemstones, try to ensure they match as well (no emerald earings and a ruby pendant). If you choose to wear cz peices, ensure they are about the same size as diamonds you would actualy wear (no 2-3ct+ peices please!).

Go for farly simple earrings (studs, small - med hoops, or leverbacks), a pendant (or simple decorative chain) and a nice watch (have the watch metal match too if possible), and one ring worn on a ring or middle finger. Make sure your jewellery is clean and shiny.

Don''t bling to the max - remember that as a salesperson, you always want the piece you are showing to the customer to look fabulous, so don''t outshine it with your own jewellery.

Do your nails and moisturise your hands - your customers will see your hands lots, and you don''t want them to detract from the jewellery either.

Have your hair done neatly, and wear conservative daytime makeup if you are a makeup person. Have fresh breath.

Do not wear a strong scent - If it reminds one of your customers of a hated Ex, you''ve lost the sale.

At the end of the Interview think of at least two intelligent questions to as the interviewers about the job, or their experiences with customers.

Don''t correct your interviewers if they say something that you know from pricescope to be incorrect (There will be plenty of time to politely and gently educate them later when you have the job). To be safe, maybe don''t mention jewellery and the internet at all.

Have fun at the interview! ( I used to work in the jewellery department of a department store)

DUST!!!!!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the other ladies. Also, another thing for you to consider is wearing sensible shoes. Look like you are ready to work. Smile and have confidence. You''ll do great on your interview!

******DUST DUST DUST******

babycush

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Definitely wear a skirt suit instead of pants, it says that you are a strong, confident woman.

DUSTY DUSTY DUST DUST DUST!!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did the interview go?

Yvette

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the job dust!!! The interview went wonderfully. She said I was a "fabulous fit." Now I have to take a test that proves I''m not a shop-lifter and meet the owners.
23.gif
Hopefully I''ll know by the end of the week if I got the position. The best part? I might be an assistant to their head jewelry buyer, traveling to buy jewelry! Talk about a dream job...

And thanks for the fashion advice. I went for a pants-suit with classic jewelry and a silk shirt. I tried to keep the look high-end without being too stuffy, and I guess it worked!

I''ll keep you updated!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
That is awesome news! I hope you get it!! Here''s some more ***DUST DUST DUST***!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The job sounds amazing. Good luck.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on making it to the next step! *dust* to you that the second interview goes well
1.gif

Yvette

Rough_Rock
I GOT THE JOB!!!

Thank you to everyone that scattered job dust my way!!!
36.gif

The second interview went so well -- but then they threw me for a loop because they said I''d hear from them "that afternoon" and instead they made me wait a week! Talk about stressful! Now I have to figure out to tell my current boss and supervisor. I have a good relationship with them, and definitely don''t want to burn any bridges. At the same time, I hate the actual work I do so much that I would feel awesome to just up and leave. But maturity will prevail (hopefully)!

Hopefully the next "dust" I''ll be asking for will be in regards to my LIW status... heheh

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Wooo! Congrats, that''s awesome
1.gif

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
I''m so happy for you! Glad you found something you will enjoy!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! Congratulations!!!
36.gif

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Yay!! I''m glad they hired you!

I''m sure you''ll make an excellent sales associate.

(Can I get a discount?
2.gif
)

Tell us all about your new job when you start - I''m curious about what goes on behind the scenes at a B&M (They get slagged on here a fair amount - sometimes a tad unfairly).

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
CONGRATS ON THE JOB!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

That''s great news!! So happy for you! When do you start?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yvette-congrats! How exciting for you, I wish you the best of luck with this new endeavor!

Yvette

Rough_Rock
Thanks, everyone! I start Saturday!

I''m looking forward to the "behind the scenes" of a B&M store -- fortunately, this isn''t your traditional chain store, but rather a small, very high-end family owned store. I come from a design background, so I''ll be doing more than just sales (buying/custom design). Everyone is required to go through GIA training and many of the staff have been there for 10+ years. I think all of my Pricescope lurking will serve me well. :)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! That sounds excellent!

And hopefully you can be a wonderful resource for the rest of us!!!
2.gif
2.gif

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, congratulations! Enjoy your new job!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results