shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry Shopping in Prague

GemHunter369

Rough_Rock
We’re starting to plan a trip to the Czech Republic in the spring for our second honeymoon! We'll be visiting for about a week, and we’re trying to decide if we need to hire a travel guide for some jewelry shopping in Prague. The reason we’re asking is we don’t speak Czech, do you think hiring a guide will get us better prices for jewelry? For those who have been jewelry shopping in Prague before, what was your experience like? We'd love any recommendations for jewelers or districts to check out. Thanks in advance for the advice!

GemHunter369

Rough_Rock
Thank you, @worljewels for the useful recommendations. The shops along Wenceslas Square, and Charles Bridge, sound like interesting places to explore. My partner and I have been researching Prague during the long holidays and read somewhere about the jewelry district in the Jewish Quarter (Josefov) where we can also see the synagogues. It's reassuring to hear that many jewelers speak English, as Czech is new to us. Beyond culture and sights, we look forward to sampling local coffee, pastries and beers. Our plan is to independently discover areas for the first few days. However, to gain deeper insight later on, do you happen to know of any recommended licensed guides that conduct tours in English? Local expertise and cultural context would enhance our experience. I welcome any additional advice you're willing to provide.

GemHunter369

Rough_Rock
Thanks for sharing some useful guides with us. We checked them out, and we decided to go for the free English Prague Old Town & Josefov. The Prague Cultural Tour doesn’t seem to suit our preferences. We are still debating between Local Guide Prague and GoWithGuide (another option that my partner found) for customized tours. We need to do more homework on both, but we are leaning towards GoWithGuide because we can choose and contact the local guide who will show us around at https://gowithguide.com/czech-republic/prague

I think we also found our spot for the second honeymoon in Karlovy Vary https://www.britannica.com/place/Karlovy-Vary

Thank you for your kind words, @worljewels we hope to find some amazing jewelry on our trip.

Last edited:

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Enjoy your trip. Prague is gorgeous! We didn’t find much of a language barrier when we were there last year. Many beautiful things to shop for. We took several tours and a puppet making class that was so much fun. One of the most beautiful cities we have been to. Safe travels!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results