shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry Insurance Premiums

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies and Gents, I need your help! I have a statistics project to do but I'll spare you the boring details other than: I need 50 data points to use to construct a hypothesis test. :read:

I've decided to do my project on the insurance rates for jewelry- So, this is where you come in! Would you be so kind as to comment with the number of pieces you insure and the yearly premium you pay? I don't need specific companies or monthly payments, just the premium total.

I'd be super grateful to anyone who is willing to contribute :wavey:

Well, I've found generally that it's $100 for every $10k insured :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$220 per $10k coverage :o so that's why i don't purchase jewelry insurance.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 2 pieces insured for I think around $8600 and my premium is about $105.00 a year.

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I have 4 items insured for a total of $26650 and my yearly premium is $240.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Mine is $9 per $1000 coverage annually.

eta~ I think I have 12 pieces covered and pay right around $100 annually. I insure even my $200 pieces.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Wish I could help. Looked into insurance but I can't possibly afford to insure my stuff for new-replacement value. Didn't pay full price for hardly any of it -- either estate pieces or stuff I bought w/employee discount at Tiffany but if I had to buy new equivalents, it'd be a tiny fortune. Amazing how fast it adds up! I just have to hope like crazy we never get robbed or burned up.

When you get your research done, would you post the results? I'm interested.

--- Laurie

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1305892406|2926425 said:
Wish I could help. Looked into insurance but I can't possibly afford to insure my stuff for new-replacement value. Didn't pay full price for hardly any of it -- either estate pieces or stuff I bought w/employee discount at Tiffany but if I had to buy new equivalents, it'd be a tiny fortune. Amazing how fast it adds up! I just have to hope like crazy we never get robbed or burned up.

When you get your research done, would you post the results? I'm interested.

--- Laurie

I'll post it if you're interested! I'm so jealous you work(ed) for Tiffany, too :wacko: ;))

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Yes, Nebe, I'd love to see what you come up with, thanks!

Don't be jealous -- Tiffany is an AWFUL place to work. Their personnel management philosphy is based on humiliation, nastiness & distrust. The only good thing was the discount on bling -- which made the price a little closer to what it was really worth.

--- Laurie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results