shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry fashion question.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
For those of you with diamond studs, what type of jewelry do you wear with them?

I'll be getting my upgrades from WF this week, and will once again be faced with the problem I had with the first set. Before them, I had a so so pair, and only wore them on special occasions. After getting a well cut set, they were so much fun, I wanted to wear them more, but that's where my problem comes in. I wear all sterling silver jewelry, and not fancy stuff, just casual, and I wear it every day. But I feel like that doesn't "go" with my studs. So when I wore my studs, I would end uo not wearing any other jewelry, besides my watch.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
What you need is a diamond necklace
2.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Yes, you need a nice diamond solitare pendant :)

Uh oh, and it begins...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL!

I should have known.
11.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2006 10:58:23 AM
Author:Ellen
For those of you with diamond studs, what type of jewelry do you wear with them?

I''ll be getting my upgrades from WF this week, and will once again be faced with the problem I had with the first set. Before them, I had a so so pair, and only wore them on special occasions. After getting a well cut set, they were so much fun, I wanted to wear them more, but that''s where my problem comes in. I wear all sterling silver jewelry, and not fancy stuff, just casual, and I wear it every day. But I feel like that doesn''t ''go'' with my studs. So when I wore my studs, I would end uo not wearing any other jewelry, besides my watch.

Does anyone else feel this way?
Nope! I have worn my studs for the past 2,500 days straight.... I haven''t taken them out for anything except the rare cleaning (though I imagine once I get an us it will be more frequent lol)... I wear them for nights out on th town, I wear them at home doing nothing, I wear them painting walls, I wear them with sweats and jeans and skrts and shorts and I wear them with whatever jewelry I wear, no matter the style. And this is why I wanted diamond studs - because I wanted something that went with *EVERYTHING* and they do!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I have worn diamond studs for years. I think they are very simple and classic and they truly go with everything. They can be worn with sterling costume jewelry as easily as fancier diamond jewelry. They are like a neutral backdrop for whatever other jewelry you have and they can go from very casual to very dressy. Of course a diamond solitaire pendant wouldn''t hurt!!!
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is interesting, you two think they go with everything. I guess I''ll just have to get over this...

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I have a lot of white and yellow gold jewelry but I also have tons of sterling silver. I particularly like to wear my sterling in the summer for some reason. Anyway, I wear my white gold diamond studs even with the sterling. Like someone else said, I think they go with everything. It''s probably the only jewelry I do mix. I generally wouldn''t wear some sort of white gold necklace with let''s say a sterling bracelet. I don''t know why. My DH thinks I should be able to mix whatever I want.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
I think they go with everything, too. I tend to be a very matchy person, but this came up getting dressed this morning--I''m wearing a black sweater that I thought needed "something", so added a black multi-strand-tiny-beady-things necklace. But then I thought dangly black earrings were too much, so I''m wearing my baby studs. I have to say it might be a little different if they were bigger, though.
5.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sometimes think about that, but I just wear them where I want now. I wear them with real stuff and my fun stuff too, it just depends...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you need to start building up that diamond jewelry wardrobe, lol! I used to be a predominantly sterling gal too, but when DH started buying me diamond jewelry I got out of that real quick, he hee. For casual days, I still have all my sterling to fall back on, but at work and going out, I wear the diamonds!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks all! I guess it''s unanimous that they go with everything.

Christa, I am a very matchy person, I think that''s why it bugs me. To me, diamonds are dressy, and of couse sterling is not. I''ve just got to get over it. And yeah, more diamond jewelry would solve the problem, lol.

What a "problem".
9.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
i wear my studs with allll kinds of jewelry, silver and fine.
To me, studs are classic, and how can they ''not'' go??

I even wore mine when I delivered my son
25.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I agree. They go with everything just like the diamond ring!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I three! think they go with everything. I wear alot of silver and white gold. I think diamonds look good with silver/WG. Isn't your ering white gold/plat? If so then they'll match that no matter what else you wear.

I wear them almost everywhere cause they're diamond studs! I wouldn't if they were dangles or drop earrings. Go ahead and wear them with your silver. Then you and I will match. Say "hi" to me at the grocery store this afternoon.
21.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my .4 tcw diamond studs (set in platinum) about 350 days of the year. They go with everything, even yellow gold! They''re small enough and the metal is so subtle that they don''t clash with any kind of jewelry at all. I''ve worn my studs with yellow gold costume jewelry necklaces, with silver chokers, pearls, and diamond pendants. I love my studs because they''re totally versatile!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
I wear my studs most everyday
emstar.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2006 12:22:38 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
I three! think they go with everything. I wear alot of silver and white gold. I think diamonds look good with silver/WG. Isn''t your ering white gold/plat? If so then they''ll match that no matter what else you wear.

I wear them almost everywhere cause they''re diamond studs! I wouldn''t if they were dangles or drop earrings. Go ahead and wear them with your silver. Then you and I will match. Say ''hi'' to me at the grocery store this afternoon.
21.gif
Yes, my ring is WG, and that''s just it. I''ve got this beautiful diamond ring, and pretty soon these beautiful, noticable studs, and I look at say, my sterling ring with inlaid Mother of Pearl and think, not. *sigh* It''s just me and my matchy, symmetrical self being anal. I''ll get over it, I guess. Or, I''ll just go buy some nice WG right hand ring to wear with.
9.gif

And I''ll be sure and say hi to you.
2.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Studs look great with anything. Life is a special occasion - I say wear them every day!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2006 8:43:53 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Life is a special occasion - I say wear them every day!
I like that, thanks.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think diamond studs go with pretty much everything. I wear mine everyday!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear mine with either my sapphire with a diamond halo necklace or my amethyst with a diamond halo necklace. I don''t usually wear a bracelet or watch.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I take mine out once a week to throw them in the US and they go right back in. I don''t care what I''m wearing as far as other jewelry. I wanted these so I could wear them all the time. I even sleep in mine.

shay

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2006 1:01:53 PM
Author: Ellen
Yes, my ring is WG, and that''s just it. I''ve got this beautiful diamond ring, and pretty soon these beautiful, noticable studs, and I look at say, my sterling ring with inlaid Mother of Pearl and think, not. *sigh* It''s just me and my matchy, symmetrical self being anal. I''ll get over it, I guess. Or, I''ll just go buy some nice WG right hand ring to wear with.
9.gif

And I''ll be sure and say hi to you.
2.gif
I can see how something like a MOP ring might not match in my mind either. I think you definitely need a diamond RHR to balance out the look.
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2006 7:33:12 PM
Author: Christa

I can see how something like a MOP ring might not match in my mind either. I think you definitely need a diamond RHR to balance out the look.
2.gif
Thanks Christa, I''ll tell hubby you said so. Think I''ll wait til after the studs get here though.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results