color
clarity

Jewellery Storage....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I'd say I need a jewellery "box", but then I'd be dating myself.... :bigsmile:

I would like a storage case for jewellery--especially for earrings. At present they seem to be piled in a big lump--mind you they are on a velvet lump--but I want them to hang properly/vertically. If they could talk, I am sure my golden pearls would not appreciate such close quarters with those sparkly bobs.

Any suggestions? I'd love a gorgeous storage unit--something as pretty as the stuff inside. Anyone know of a vendor who makes such items??

cheers--Sharon

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
BGD has just introduced a very nice roll, but I'm not sure if you will need something bigger?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hawaiianorangetree|1355874279|3335102 said:
BGD has just introduced a very nice roll, but I'm not sure if you will need something bigger?

HI:

Thanks HOT. I have earrings galore, and would trade other storage compartments just to have a place for earrings. I have no idea what I want even esists! :confused:

cheers--Sharon

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
:o well my heart must be faint because I just about fell off my chair! Beautiful boxes though.

Alistra

Shiny_Rock

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JaneSmith|1355875300|3335112 said:
Birks does some nice ones. Expensive though.

http://www.birks.com/en/featured/Personal-Gifts/Jewellery--Watch-Boxes/g749/11303

I have a jewellry box from Bombay that is very nice, and was much cheaper.
http://www.bombay.ca/home.php?cat=338&sort=orderby&sort_direction=0&page=1

HI:

I was just in Bombay the other day getting wine glasses--my old jewel box is from there. I will check out Birks next I am downtown. Thanks for the tip!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lizzyann|1355923421|3335450 said:
GemFever|1355882148|3335206 said:
lizzyann|1355879661|3335174 said:
I have this one from QVC! It's big but a ton of storage and I use the mirror all the time too! http://www.qvc.com/Gold-&-Silver-Sa...-p.qvc.com/is/image/h/82/h86082.001?$uslarge$

niceee! Does it look discreet? In the sense that if you don't know it's a jewelry "box," you may not realize that it is?

Yes, it just looks like a standing mirror! It's a nice size, not too big!
HI:

I must google QVC sicce the link isn't fucntional for me....but thank in advance!

cheers--Shaorn

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Canuk-gal,

Did you ever end up finding a jewelry box? I'm on a similar search. I have a beautiful small one from Birks but it's too tiny and my pieces are at risk of being damaged.

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
This isn't particuarly pretty, but it's wall-mountable and large enough to hold EVERYTHING. I have been trying to get organized this year, and was tired of not being able to see the jewerly that I have, both costume and the good stuff. It fits great in my closet and is wall mounted. I've only had it a couple of weeks but so far I'm in love.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004DYUAXG/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the beauty of a jewelry box but not the security issue. When I was younger I had lovely jewelry boxes for my not so expensive jewels but now I keep everything in our home safe. There's too much risk (for me) in not keeping it locked up. This way it is easy to get whatever I want to wear and easy to put away and it's all very organized (for me at least).

_5828.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, great idea, Missy!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby nurse|1366918389|3434495 said:
Hi Canuk-gal,

Did you ever end up finding a jewelry box? I'm on a similar search. I have a beautiful small one from Birks but it's too tiny and my pieces are at risk of being damaged.

HI BN:

No I did not. But I was very tempted when Smythson had their sale.... Bombay had nothing of interest--and their stuff is rather cheaply made.....

I was thinking that Mother's Day might be a good time to look--promo's and sales and all that....doesn't BIrks have there annual sale around now??

Have you looked around at all? Let me know what you find. What do you seek in a jewellery box/storage unit?

I really would like something to hang my heavier chains on....perhaps I should contact 50 Cent and see what he recommends? :bigsmile: :cheeky: :halo: :))

LIke MIssy I utilize our safe. But mine isn't as organized!! Good on ya Missy!!!

cheers--Sharon

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Oh, so many responses to make when I've got so much work to do!

1. Calling it a jewellery box dates you? Really?? I had no idea. To me it will always be a jewellery box, and I'm in my thirties!! Still, maybe it's the UK thing. Someone from England wouldn't say "storage closet" as that's very American. I prefer to think I'm English rather than old!!

2. Smythson. Hmph. Whenever I see that brand I just think of the Bullingdon Club, home to the most self-satisfied, misogynistic, men-only club in the UK. Excuse me, that should be "boys-only" - since most of its members are emotionally-stunted Old Etonians under 20 with teenage acne who have never met a woman in three dimensions before. Boy-men they may be, but history is decided not only on the playing fields of Eton but also in the dining halls of the Bullingdon.

Since most won't have a clue what I'm going on about: Smythson's creative director is Sam Cam, wife of PM David Cameron, who is an Old Etonian and former member of Oxford University's Bullingdon Club, which is all of the above. Women - exotic, mysterious, unknowable sirens that we are - have always been roundly banned. The saying has it that history is decided on the playing fields of Eton because the majority of Britain's prime ministers, and other movers and shakers, went to Eton. And the Bullingdon is drawn from those ranks.

Full disclosure: I have a nephew currently taking GCSEs at Eton. So far he seems unaffected by some of the elements there, although he has had his books thrown into the river by another boy. The boy thinks it's OK to do that, since Grandad owns the Ritz. Seriously.

There is one thing that can be said for Smythson and its laughable prices though: At least Victoria Beckham and her fellow chavs haven't colonized the brand yet. Poor old Burberry - it's still in the fashion ICU from the chav pack-attack. Daniella Westbrook, anyone? Burberry baby head-to-toe?

And thirdly: I love those storage containers that look like a mirror. I've coveted one ever since I knew they existed a few months ago. But the problem is, as with all other jewellery boxes, they're a burglar's dream!!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1366929013|3434607 said:
Hi Canuk-gal,

HI BN:

No I did not. But I was very tempted when Smythson had their sale.... Bombay had nothing of interest--and their stuff is rather cheaply made.....

I was thinking that Mother's Day might be a good time to look--promo's and sales and all that....doesn't BIrks have there annual sale around now??

Have you looked around at all? Let me know what you find. What do you seek in a jewellery box/storage unit?

I really would like something to hang my heavier chains on....perhaps I should contact 50 Cent and see what he recommends? :bigsmile: :cheeky: :halo: :))

LIke MIssy I utilize our safe. But mine isn't as organized!! Good on ya Missy!!!

I hope you take advantage of the mother's day sales and get something. I'm going to try to do the same.
Most of my shopping is online because it's convenient (I have 2 little kids and any worthwhile stores are far away).
I'd love to get something that's roomy, made of wood, with an antique feel, but not too ornate. Over the last 10 months or so, I've bought a lot of pearls and they're crowding my jewelry box! More concerning is the fact that they could get damaged :o ! I think I will probably get the McKenna leather one from Pottery Barn like Monarch64 has. I'm notterribly drawn to leather but this box seems to have so much storage area!
cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby nurse|1366942341|3434733 said:
canuk-gal|1366929013|3434607 said:
Hi Canuk-gal,

HI BN:

I hope you take advantage of the mother's day sales and get something. I'm going to try to do the same.
Most of my shopping is online because it's convenient (I have 2 little kids and any worthwhile stores are far away).
I'd love to get something that's roomy, made of wood, with an antique feel, but not too ornate. Over the last 10 months or so, I've bought a lot of pearls and they're crowding my jewelry box! More concerning is the fact that they could get damaged :o ! I think I will probably get the McKenna leather one from Pottery Barn like Monarch64 has. I'm notterribly drawn to leather but this box seems to have so much storage area!
cheers--Sharon

HI:

OOPS all my pearls are together. Except for my Links of London long strand--troublesome fine guage gold chain prohibits cohabitation.

Goodness, apparently I require several boxes. I tend to "pile". Again Oops.

Let me know what you find.

cheers--Sharon

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love a jewelry box to use, but I would have the safety concerns that have been expressed here already. Someone over in CS just posted helpful tips from Jewelers Mutual on caring for your jewelry, and one of them was NOT to keep them in a jewelry box because it would make it too easy for a burglar. Instead, they said to use the jewelry box for costume only and put your good stuff in safe/safe deposit box/hide it Not in your bedroom...the problem is that it requires a memory if you are going to spread them all over in hiding places! :twirl:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Canuk-gal!
I wanted to let you know that I ended up getting the same jewelry box Monarch64 has(Gypsy's jewelry box thread). It's the McKenna Jewelry Armoire from Pottery Barn and I love it! I got the porcelaine blue leather. It seems to be great quality, it's got a lot of room and I'm really happy with it :)) !
I wish I could post the link here, but I'm not computer savvy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results