shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewellery or shoes first?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I have a dilemma!

I have my heart set on wearing a thin strand of plain pearls with my gown. Although I am not a huge pearl fan, my DF absolutely adores them (which I find quite bizarre considering he has no opinions on jewellery whatsoever, yet he is so taken by them). Anyhoo, I am thinking of adding a brooch to my dress at a gather, want to know which is the best order to get these things.

I was thinking :

- necklace first (considering I have definate ideas of what I want)
- earrings (pearl/crystal combo)
- brooch

what about my shoes? I am not sure whether I want any embellishments on them (my dress is plain, with a tiny bit of scattered pearl/crystal beading around the bodice). So, do I have to get everything else first?

My veil has a tiny bit of pearl/crystal beading around the very edge.

It all sounds like a hell of a lot of beading etc, but it''s really quite subtle and simple.

The only thing in this whole idea that is non-negotiable are the pearls, it will make him so happy to see me wear them. I want to make him smile

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I think you should get whatever you''re really set on first. So, since you know the type of necklace you want I agree that you should get that first, then find other accessories that go with it. I love the simple elegance of a strand of pearls and I think they go so well with so many types of jewlery that you don''t have to worry too much about the earrings matching the necklace or anything.

As for shoes, I don''t think shoes necessarily need to go with anything other than your personality. Most people won''t see them anyway and they''re far enough away from your other jewelry that no one will notice if they match of not. I say go crazy on the shoes and get whatever you want, whether you have the other jewelry already or not!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 5:09:44 PM
Author: elrohwen
I think you should get whatever you''re really set on first. So, since you know the type of necklace you want I agree that you should get that first, then find other accessories that go with it. I love the simple elegance of a strand of pearls and I think they go so well with so many types of jewlery that you don''t have to worry too much about the earrings matching the necklace or anything.

As for shoes, I don''t think shoes necessarily need to go with anything other than your personality. Most people won''t see them anyway and they''re far enough away from your other jewelry that no one will notice if they match of not. I say go crazy on the shoes and get whatever you want, whether you have the other jewelry already or not!

Ditto :), but I always buy the shoes last on any outfit :)

This place http://www.cinderellabella.com.au/home.php?cat=249 has beautiful bridal shoes :).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results