shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelers grading

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

royal

Rough_Rock
My fiance has just purchased an engagement ring for me from a high street jeweler for around $1600. I looked at the paperwork expecting details on the clarity and colour of the diamonds, but instead they have a grading system which goes A, AA, AAA, AAAA.
Does this actually mean anything to anyone else? The stones in my ring have been marked as AA+
Should I go back and try to obtain regular clarity, colour info. on the ring? Since it was a gift I''m reluctant to cause a fuss.

Thanks
wavey.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you already have the ring, I would estimate that you might be opening a can of worms if you try to get more info from the jeweler. Chances are the jeweler has created their own grading system and will not conform to other standards. If you would like to do so, you can take the ring to an independent appraiser who will then run reports on it and give you detailed information on it (color, clarity, cut grade, closeups of inclusions, brilliancescope reports, sarin/megascope reports etc). This will give you the information you are seeking, probably from what sounds like a more reputable source.

Good luck. I would also suggest not to dwell on the fact that the ring does not already have this information, as you already have it and if you love it, it really doesn't matter. Though if you plan to insure it, chances are the co will expect an appraisal anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results