shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeweler to the Stars

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock

I like that phrase "Jeweler to the Stars"

Let me tell you my experience with "The Stars"

First they don’t want to pay for anything, right of publicity.
Then they just want to borrow it and its hard then to get the piece back, usually it’s the misunderstanding on their part.

Usually you work through their publicist, who wants a cut also for the introduction.

Celebrities, no thanks ~ give me the regular Joe that never gets a break!

So when they say jeweler to the stars, I see a no sale sign and a bottle of aspirin! There are exceptions to the rule like anything else but this is my experience.

BTW ~ Charles (you know what Pro Football team you play for) I hope you never see a play off :)

Kindest Regards

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Here is an example of one of my friends that went down that path working with Celebrities.

He is being sued by a diamond cutter because he is $250,000 in back bills, he is sueing two others for not paying for product ($60,000). Did it help him ??? Thats a high price to pay for the bragging rights to say some of the "Stars" where his product.

Just 2 more cents

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
emquestion.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you , I felt like I was the only one that thought like that.

I dont go to the movies anymore. I wont even turn on a program that has Pro sports. It cost an arm and a leg to take your family to a game. College kids and High school kids play their hearts out for nothing but the game. Were did it get so out of control ?

Im seeing in the near future that animation is going to get so good you will not need actors. The only place you will find future movie stars is in Rehab. :)

Take Care

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
; when brad pitt gets a phd in economics then i will give him a shot
You do not know what you are talking about.

And, I have had no problems with payment & respect from several celebs. I don''t think the generalization is fair.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
These stars get so much for free...clothes, jewelry, cars, etc so that the company can get publicity. The stars make MILLIONS and can afford to buy anything they want. How about giving us poor, average joes some free clothes. I want a $20,000 dress for free! LOL!

The other thing I think that sucks is the fact that many of these stars don''t have any higher education and make so much money. Then you have Doctors who spend 8+ years in school and save lifes and make a difference. They make squat compared to these stars. I realize if you''re in an industry that makes money, you make money. But still.

Oh well.
20.gif
That''s never going to change.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Just talking from experance and from friends experance and what I hear on the news. Paris Hilton for example.

It might be the level of Stardom we are talking about also.

I have other famous people like world renown Artist, ect that are normal.

Again I think the problem lies at the high levels.

I hope this clears it up so Im not so general.

Nuff said

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Burt Reynolds said it best ~ ''When I was famous people gave me everything and I could afford to pay for it" Now that Im broke they want me to pay for things ?

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Hey! Im over 1,000 posts do I get something free :)

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
maybe fire & ice
emvamp.gif
will give you a sharp slap
emwink.gif
.............i''m reading dominatrix or something equally unpleasant--really
emotion-40.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2005 9:46:16 AM
Author: windowshopper
fire and ice

what the h___are you talking about? i wasn''t commenting on Brad Pitt''s ability to pay just his ludicrous political opinions....are you always so rude?

What the hell are YOU talking about? Where was the rudeness? YOU are the one who should be called rude.

My 2¢ on celebrities and their retarded demands:
You make such assanine salaries to "act" in movies, to "sing", to play sports, you deserve absolutely NOTHING free. Use the money you demand that you earn in your ludicrous contracts to pay for things you desire.

I, too, am sickened by most celebrities.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2005 10:17
6.gif
3 AM
to say you dont know what you are talking about with no clarification is very rude. i didnt say anything controversial--i was using brad pitt as an example of someone who is in my opinion a spoiled celebrity (who may or not pay his jewelry bills.......i would have no way of knowing) but who routinely makes assinine comments about social policy and his political leanings when he, like most celebrities, graduated from high school and has no additional education that supports his ability to make valid commentary on our world and government EXCEPT his celebrity

Case in point:

He actually dropped out of Mizzou 2 weeks before getting his bachelor's because he was working on a movie role.

I'm glad you know what you are talking about.
20.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
6.gif
3 AM
Missouri is the Harvard of the Midwest--I forgot. Do you keep his biography in your notebook?

Parts of it. Beings that I went there before I changed majors I know this and for some reason it's important that the students know that a celebrity attended the school. It's also been widely reported in celebrity interviews with both him and his wife.

Truman State is the Harvard of the Midwest, actually.

edited to add the deleted post I was responding to.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
6.gif
3 AM
to say you dont know what you are talking about with no clarification is very rude. i didnt say anything controversial--i was using brad pitt as an example of someone who is in my opinion a spoiled celebrity (who may or not pay his jewelry bills.......i would have no way of knowing) but who routinely makes assinine comments about social policy and his political leanings when he, like most celebrities, graduated from high school and has no additional education that supports his ability to make valid commentary on our world and government EXCEPT his celebrity
How do you know he is a spoiled celebrity? You know NOTHING about this quite nice, down to earth, VERY intelligent man. If you knew anything about him, I wouldn''t have to clarify a thing.

Once again, you form sweeping generalizations in a complete vacuum.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2005 9:58:22 AM
Author: Iceman
Just talking from experance and from friends experance and what I hear on the news. Paris Hilton for example.

It might be the level of Stardom we are talking about also.

I have other famous people like world renown Artist, ect that are normal.

Again I think the problem lies at the high levels.

Nuff said
Well, I think you have difficult people in all walks of life. I think when someone is a celeb it just gets talked about more & things can be taken out of context. And, just because they have money doesn''t mean they should pay more than someone else off the street. I''ve seen that happen. The wealthy celeb pay x - the guy of the street pay y - the latter being a lesser price. That is why most of the celebs use agents to undercover buy/represent.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock

I’m from the Midwest!

What was that country song ? Being a celebrity , its odious reality, you think you’re cool because you’re on TV.

BTW ~ Brett (you know what pro football team you play on around here) you can kiss my a$$ too.

:) This is actually good therapy!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2005 10:50:33 AM
Author: fire&ice
How do you know he is a spoiled celebrity? You know NOTHING about this quite nice, down to earth, VERY intelligent man. If you knew anything about him, I wouldn''t have to clarify a thing.

So you know Brad Pitt, eh? Is he as yummy in person as he looks on film?
3.gif
30.gif
31.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a point to this thread? I am not objecting to a pointless thread, mind you, I would just like to know. I was thinking I might start keeping track of the pointlesss threads in which I post frequently, adding my considerable expertise. Perhaps I will even keep track of the time I spend on Pricescope...no, that is *way* too scary!

Deborah

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2005 11:17
6.gif
5 AM
Author: AGBF
Is there a point to this thread? I am not objecting to a pointless thread, mind you, I would just like to know. I was thinking I might start keeping track of the pointlesss threads in which I post frequently, adding my considerable expertise. Perhaps I will even keep track of the time I spend on Pricescope...no, that is *way* too scary!

Deborah
No, there isn''t except maybe sweeping generalizations are not the finest of banter. But, if we were to discuss grammer of the stars - then we have a debate.
28.gif
9.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF ~ Is there ever a point to my topics :) Just venting and to stir up a conversation or two :)

I always like to see the different thoughts on a given topic.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would have liked to have seen those thoughts as well . . . but it seems as if WindowShopper has decided to eat his words.
9.gif

I was horribly confused by the blank posts until he was quoted by other posters. I thought a couple of you were arguing with yourselves.
2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2005 12:59
6.gif
8 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I would have liked to have seen those thoughts as well . . . but it seems as if WindowShopper has decided to eat his words.
9.gif

I was horribly confused by the blank posts until he was quoted by other posters. I thought a couple of you were arguing with yourselves.
2.gif
FYI, you can read the orginal posts on any thread. Just tick the revisions. Your words are never really gone. Sometimes not a good thing.
28.gif

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
What She said - click on the "View Revisions" button at the bottom of Windowshopper's posts to see what was edited.

That is a great feature.

Oh, and F&I, it's GRAMMAR dammit!
25.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
---------------------------Oh, and F&I, it''s GRAMMAR dammit!-----------------------

ROFL. I''ve missed you RA.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2005 9:58:22 AM
Author: Iceman
Nuff said
Ice, great to see you. You are anything but general.
31.gif

~kmom
35.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2005 11:17
6.gif
5 AM
Author: AGBF
Is there a point to this thread? I am not objecting to a pointless thread, mind you, I would just like to know. I was thinking I might start keeping track of the pointlesss threads in which I post frequently, adding my considerable expertise.
Deborah
AGBF, this had me chuckling.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results