shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeweler in the Dishwasher

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
This kind of surprised me. Has anyone ever come across this product? Would you use it?

Jeweler in the Dishwasher Home Jewelry Cleaning System
This product is not for costume jewelry. Jeweler in the Dishwasher works best when the dishwasher is full.The degreaser in the detergent mixes with the hot water and gently soaks away all the dirt that is trapped around stones and in the crevices of the mountings.

https://www.thegrommet.com/home-jewelry-cleaning-system-by-jeweler-in-the-dishwasher
image_4121.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do you think there's residue grease from dishes on the dishwasher? If so, I won't use it since the residue grease might get onto the jewelry.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just silly.
I can just see some fool putting pearls and opals in this thing.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
thecat|1450235120|3962101 said:
Do you think there's residue grease from dishes on the dishwasher? If so, I won't use it since the residue grease might get onto the jewelry.

I guess there could be all sorts of food particles or residue flying around in there. :shock:

stracci2000 said:
This is just silly. I can just see some fool putting pearls and opals in this thing.

The concept seemed so odd to me when I came across it. It seems more likely to have a mishap with it as you mentioned. :errrr:

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Or worse it could easily go down the drain with the rest of the dishwasher water :errrr: :doh:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No guarantee the container will not pop open after some wear and tear and there goes the jewellery. Not only that, mixing it deliberately with items that has food scraps and grease?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't forget about rinse aid in the dishwasher! I have no idea how that would react with my jewelry, nor do I want to find out lolol. Anyways, it's in my dishwasher door and would take months to empty out of the washer.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems like an excellent way to lose your jewelry and fvck up your dishwasher all at the same time.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Used dishes and pans, and my bling?!?! :knockout: :knockout: :knockout: :knockout: :knockout: :knockout:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:errrr: :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:
Noo thankyou

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
*literally has stroke.*

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Powder dishwasher detergents are so abrasive and some detergents contain bleach which is bad for precious metals and I would assume treated stones. Plus the heat of the dry cycle sounds like it could also be damaging . All around a bad idea.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Horrible idea. :knockout:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I think they must be sold at maul stores! :naughty:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a chance!!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, great idea for my irreplaceable antique sapphire and diamond platinum engagement ring from my grandma that my grandpa bought her in 1938. Or perhaps the antique pearls I also inherited from her that was my grandfather's 10 year anniversary gift to her in 1948. Off to order one now.... NO way! Terrible idea!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results