shape
carat
color
clarity

Jenny Craig?

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I started Jenny Craig on Wednesday to lose 40 pounds. At 5'6" I'm (gulp) 172 and my ideal weight is 130. Is or has anyone done JC? Did you lose weight? Were you able to keep it off?

Since starting yesterday I'm surprised at how many times I snacked pre-JC! I caught myself reaching for something off of the kids plates or thinking I could get a snack from the pantry. And atleast twice yesterday I thought "We'll just go through Chick-Fil-A while we're out." I guess I've been in denial on just how bad I was eating.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hey Feb,

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to see what happened with this. I'm starting JC this week. How did you do on it?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did JC before and it worked. I did get tired of the frozen meals and I think it cost about $85 a week? I do Weight Watchers but looking back if I did it again and really wanted to try JC. I would do JC till I lost it all and then transition over to WW because at WW it allows you to eat regular food. They do do a teaching portion w/regular food but I remember thinking it was so complicated; at the time they used the food pyramid. Not sure what they teach at the end now. I do really like WW and will always go to WW to lose the weight since JC is expensive and the food doesn't change too often through the years. Dani, it does work though!!! You will do great!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much sweetie!!! I am doing well, its really hard though!!! I am only on day 5, and Im already down 6.5 lbs!!! I'm fully anticipating that the weight loss is not going to be as significant though at my next weigh-in, because the loss is primarily water. But its a nice jump start, which is the only thing I want to do JC for. It is super expensive ($135 per week) and I will only be able to do it for so long. Then I do feel I can transition over to WW, which I have done before, but I really felt this time I needed something more structured. Thanks again so much for the info and support!!!:)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it is even more expensive! wooohooo for 6.5 lbs; that is awesome!! :appl: You are doing fantastic. Oh and this might make you feel better about your transition over to WW. WW is more structured to get one to eat more protein, fruits and veggies, not sure if that helps but they no longer have the points finder. I am doing it too so if you started and want a buddy to chat w/I am here. :))

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skip!! I know, its super expensive, but this time I really felt like the meals being there and ready for me in 4 mins was what I needed. I'm super busy and feel like I never have time to cook, especially to cook healthy. I've developed some really bad eating habits because of this. There was a time years ago that I maintained my weight well and was healthy. Over the past few yrs I slowly put on the weight and am now at my heaviest :knockout: I needed a change, and I needed something that gave me motivation from the get go.

I know I can't stay on JC forever, so I would like to transition to WW in a few mths. I know that they have changed their program from what it was a few years ago, since I did it to lose a few lbs before my wedding. How are you finding the new program? Do you like it better than the old? I think its a great program for maintaining a healthy wt/lifestyle, so I will looking forward to chatting with you going forward!!! :))

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dani, I really like it! I agree time makes it hard! I did lose 4 lbs but then a little bit of it back; I really need to focus but being sleep deprived and having 2 babies keeps me busy and feeling like a deserve a snack (which I totally don't deserve). ;)) but just my goofy thinking; I just need to make up my mind and lose this last bit I have to lose. It is always a challenge!

Keep up the good work!!!!! :appl: I look forward to chatting w/you when you go over to WW's and keep us posted on how you are doing! I am here to cheer you on, friend!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much sweetie!!!! :)) And for the record, you look FAB!!! And the boys are so so cute!!! I hope you are all well!!!:)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
you are too kind, thank you my beautiful friend!!!! I had a tough week as the in laws brought sweetest! :o there will always be something and I should of ate a healthy alternative. how are you?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Well, its day 12 and I'm down 7 lbs. 6.5 of them was from the first week. I was so disappointed that I only lost 1/2 lb this wk. TMI, but I'm honestly thinking that its because that its that time of the month, and I retain alot of fluid during this time. Its annoying because I haven't cheated once!!! UGH!!! Here's hoping for a bigger loss this week......

How are you doing? Don't beat yourself up about letting yourself cheat a little, although I understand how it makes you feel so guilty. But your doing so well, keep it up my friend!!!! :wavey:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dani|1316956351|3024968 said:
Well, its day 12 and I'm down 7 lbs. 6.5 of them was from the first week. I was so disappointed that I only lost 1/2 lb this wk. TMI, but I'm honestly thinking that its because that its that time of the month, and I retain alot of fluid during this time. Its annoying because I haven't cheated once!!! UGH!!! Here's hoping for a bigger loss this week......

How are you doing? Don't beat yourself up about letting yourself cheat a little, although I understand how it makes you feel so guilty. But your doing so well, keep it up my friend!!!! :wavey:

thanks Dani! 1/2 is great, it is a loss! I bet you will lose more next week! Our bodies do weird things around ttom. it is ttom for me too!
I didn't make it to WW yesterday since all the craziness w/the in laws but I will be there for sure next week. I want to lose this weight. You will have a bigger lose! yay for your loss!! :appl:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for being so supportive sweetie!!! Hope you are well! How did you do this week? I'm checking in now, because I have to work all weekend. :(( So, I'm officially down 11 lbs in about 19 days. Crazy, I can't even believe it. Some days are hard, but I'm just trying to keep my eye on the goal. The biggest hurdle, believe it or not, has been the no wine/alcohol thing. I love my wine! Its been so hard to push it away, but at 150-160 cals per glass (and I would think nothing of downing 4 glasses on any given weekend night), its just too much. Also, hubby and I used to go out at least once a week for dinner, and get take out another 2 days, and we haven't done that. That's been really tough, because I feel like I'm making him suffer too, but he's been incredibly supportive. I know this isn't forever, but more than anything it is a huge wakeup call really!!! I had so many bad habits that I needed to break!!!

Hope you had a great week, and thanks again for being such a wonderful friend!!! :))

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I just saw this thread, Dani! I'm so sorry!

I stopped JC after 6 weeks. I got so tired of cooking seperately for the family, eating frozen (processed) foods, and spending money on JC and still going to the grocery store for my family. I did lose about 8 pounds which I gained all back and then some after stopping JC.

That being said, my weight went up to 180 pounds and I was so tired and depressed. I decided to join myfitnesspal.com and love it! It's free, I'm in control of what I eat, and I love that there's an iphone app, lol. I joined in January 2011 with DH who put in 100% and lost 25 pounds in 4 months! I kind of half assed it ;-) until August. Then I got 100% on board, started going to the gym 5 days a week, and I've since lost 22 pounds! I feel SO much better and didn't realize how depressed I was until DH commented how happy I seem now!

I have 8 pounds to go until my big milestone weigh in, of 150 pounds. I would LOVE to be 130 pounds but I also don't want to be unrealistic. Once I hit 150, I'll take it in 5 pound increments and see how far I can go. And alos focus on toning up more!

I hope JC is working out for you!!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I did JC. I did very well on it. I followed the program, ate the food until I just was too tired of the food to keep eating it. By that point, I had started to eat regular food and was doing very well. I liked the weekly check in with a representative. It helped me to stay on track.
I would do it again, as I'm trying to re-lose some of the weight. It's just too expensive for me, and it's hard to eat something separate from everyone else in the household. So I'm thinking of WW or just staying consistent with healthy eating.

Good luck!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for your input, Dixie!!!

Hi Feb :wavey: Good for you!!! That's amazing and I'm so glad your doing well!!! I TOTALLY understand your thoughts on JC. Its been relatively easy for me, as I don't have kids and my husband is a great cook and actually likes cooking a lot. So he doesn't mind making his own meals separate from mine. I actually think the food is really good (for frozen meals). But I know its not for forever, that's why I plan on doing it for a few more months to lose most of the weight, and then transition to WW. I just felt like I needed the structure and convenience that JC provides...its great to get home from work and my dinner is ready in 5 mins! I do miss cooking meals for both of us to enjoy though. And I really do miss my wine- that's been the hardest. I know I'll eventually be able to eat regular food and drink again once I establish some better eating habits like I used to have when I was thinner. Its so hard though, so I commend you on being able to lose all that weight on your own!!! So happy for you!!! :appl: Best of luck going forward!!!! :))

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
can you hear my "wooohooooo". :appl: Yay for 11 lbs, that is so awesome!!! I totally understand needing the structure! I lost .8 of a lb! Having babies makes it harder for me to lose these last pesky lbs! I went walking yesterday with the BOB so I hope to start exercising more if I can swing it! Great job!!! I am so excited for you! sorry you had to work weekends! Hope you can have some wine from time to time!

eta: Feb03bride, congrats!!!!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Hi Dani,

I did JC for about 3 months and really liked it. I lost about 10 pounds (which is really all I wanted to lose) but what it did for me was kick me back onto track. After I got married, I gained about 12 lbs and was having issues getting them off my belly (it always goes to my belly!) so I did JC with a friend and loved it. It started me on a regular eating schedule and helped with portion sizes.

I thought the food was generally fantastic. However, I don't think it is realistic for life - it is too expensive to keep up every day forever! However, once you get down to a weight you are happy with, I think the PP's suggestion that you then move to WW is fantastic. At least then you will be maintaining and not trying to lose anymore.

One other thing that my friend always commented on is that the JC food choices are tricky - they are all small portions of 'bad' food - mac and cheese, fettucini alfredo, cheesies, etc. (of course I love that stuff)

But once I stopped JC, I wanted that kind of food still! However, I think that letting you eat delicious things while on JC is why it is so successful - people can easily stick with it.

I would do it again and would recommend it to friends who are looking for a good kick start!

You are doing great so far, Dani :) Keep it up!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!!! Just checking in. MD, thanks so much for sharing your experience!!! I agree with JC being a good diet- but it's so so expensive, I'm thinking about stopping it after 1 more month, for a total of 2 months. So far I've lost 15 lbs, so I'm happy. I'm hoping I can do another 10 or so this month. I also agree with it being a great plan to get you kick started- it has certainly done that for me.. It's definitely taught me how to eat healthy and normally again (like I used to yrs ago when I was thinner). So, I'm hoping to be able to maintain my weight on my own going forward, even though I know each day is a challenge and old habits are VERY hard to break.

Hope everyone else is having a good week!!!! :wavey:

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Hey Dani :) If you can I'd push it one more month. You don't want to stop when things are still going so well you know? If you can afford it of course. I know it is pricy, but if you used to buy your lunch, it was prob more expensive than Jenny, and I imagine your grocery bills are down a bit?

Anyhoo - just my two cents :)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi all :wavey:

Checking in again- lost another 2 lbs, so 17 lbs down. I'm feeling a lot better physically and mentally. I was thinking about stopping JC in 2 wks, but I think MD is right- things are going so well I'm going to keep going. With a few more pounds of wt loss, I'm going to start to wean from JC anyway, as they want to start teaching you how to choose everyday/normal food on your own- that's part of their plan. It's going to be hard with the holidays coming up, but I'm so thrilled with the results, I can't see myself going back to my old habits anytime soon- well, hopefully never again!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results