shape
carat
color
clarity

Jennifer Hudson at Cannes - please help me shop!?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

You may have seen these photos of the gorgeous Jennifer Hudson at Cannes recently..
quickly, I will say kudos to her on her new figure, she clearly looks fabulous..

But the reason for this thread is really a selfish one
11.gif

I *love* the dress she is wearing, can anyone please help me to find out what brand it is, where I can buy it or find something very similar?
I''ve been looking for a dress in this style for some time, I really like the flattering neck line and the gathering around the waist..
Like Hudson, I have a larger bust which is sometimes difficult to dress, and I know this style would be flattering - so I would be ever so appreciative if anyone can help me to shop please!

(I do know this is more suitable a post for the shopping forum, but as it doesn''t get much traffic I hope no one minds me posting it here)
5.gif

Looking forward to any tips I can get,
Cheers!
aj

Jennifer-Hudson-Cannes-Festival.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
pic 2

68828EM_HUDSON_B-GR_01.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
pic 3

68828EM_HUDSON_B-GR_05.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
pic 4 - last one.

Thanks in advance!
35.gif

68828EM_HUDSON_B-GR_04.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
arjuna - give me until tonight. I''ll find it for you
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 10:52:25 AM
Author: dragonfly411
arjuna - give me until tonight. I''ll find it for you
9.gif

really? Thankyou dragonfly!
If I can find this dress, and it doesn''t cost a fortune, I will happily by 3
9.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I have a similar dress by Velvet that I bought from Anthropologie. I think the entire title of the brand is Velvet by Graham and Spencer, and a lot of their styles involve ruching jersey fabrics and knotted or cross-over bustlines. Their clothes are very comfy, and easy to dress up or down.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Try this - it''s not EXACT but it is very close. I''m also going to check topshop tonight

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446238266&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574492706258&bmUID=1276273169092&ev19=19:13

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good find, lilyfoot! I thought the red one was it when you posted the link but I couldn''t find it in silver.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I was hunting for some new skirts at NewportNews.com the other day and I *swear* I saw a dress with the exact same twist front for cheap. I''ll go look & see if I can find it...

OK. These were the closest I could find, I swear there was another one but maybe I''m imagining it...

This one
at Newport News is in the neighborhood- no sleeves though, and black. $59. (Their pic is really dark on my monitor and maybe it isn''t really a twist front though?)

One with a virtually identical twist thingy in front, velour, and has 3/4 sleeves. Grey, $49.

Another grey one, jersey material, with a slightly less twisty front but really similar silhouette and fabric, $59

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 4:45:12 PM
Author: thing2of2
Good find, lilyfoot! I thought the red one was it when you posted the link but I couldn't find it in silver.
Arjunajane: What type of events do you see yourself wearing this dress to? I think this red actually looks better than the silver/gray because the gray makes it look like a heather gray T-shirt material, making it less "party dress" and more "day dress". But if you are in fact going for the casual backyard BBQ look, then the gray is appropriate. I'm kind of surprised this was worn in Cannes where everyone seems to be decked out in Chanel, Valentino etc.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys
21.gif
I think it''s a gorgeous dress, but that price is waaaay out of my ballpark!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 5:27:37 PM
Author: lilyfoot
Thanks guys
21.gif

And for a JERSEY dress too! I was shocked at that price...I mean the dress does look fabulous, but yikes!

Arj, hope you found something you can use on this thread...I love seeing how great the detectives on here are! And if you can get the actual dress, go you!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys
21.gif

Wow, you guys are excellent, great job lilyfoot!

But um yeah...def. outta my price range too!
I knew it wouldn''t be cheap as a celeb is wearing it, however I didn''t really expect
$2100AUD for a jersey dress, lol..

Thankyou lilyfoot - I think I may look into it having it custom made..

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 11:39:39 AM
Author: IndyLady
I have a similar dress by Velvet that I bought from Anthropologie. I think the entire title of the brand is Velvet by Graham and Spencer, and a lot of their styles involve ruching jersey fabrics and knotted or cross-over bustlines. Their clothes are very comfy, and easy to dress up or down.

Thanks for the tip Indy - I went looking at that brand and I do like a few of their things..
I will keep them in mind, cheers
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 12:24:05 PM
Author: dragonfly411
Try this - it''s not EXACT but it is very close. I''m also going to check topshop tonight

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446238266&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574492706258&bmUID=1276273169092&ev19=19:13

I quite like that one dragonfly, thankyou - the longer sleeves are good as it''s winter here. This one is currently out of stock, but I may go looking elsewhere.
thx!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 5:02:54 PM
Author: LittleGreyKitten
I was hunting for some new skirts at NewportNews.com the other day and I *swear* I saw a dress with the exact same twist front for cheap. I''ll go look & see if I can find it...

OK. These were the closest I could find, I swear there was another one but maybe I''m imagining it...

This one
at Newport News is in the neighborhood- no sleeves though, and black. $59. (Their pic is really dark on my monitor and maybe it isn''t really a twist front though?)

One with a virtually identical twist thingy in front, velour, and has 3/4 sleeves. Grey, $49.

Another grey one, jersey material, with a slightly less twisty front but really similar silhouette and fabric, $59

Thankyou LGK!
I actually really like the first black one, even though it is sleeveless- will work really well with cute cardigans.
They also ship internationally, so I will try to work out what my US size is and will likely order this - cheers!
5.gif

For others, here''s the photo - different material and bit different around the neckline, but I think the A line skirt would be flattering..

S1061097_INT10_515.jpeg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 5:05:07 PM
Author: jaysonsmom
Date: 6/11/2010 4:45:12 PM

Author: thing2of2

Good find, lilyfoot! I thought the red one was it when you posted the link but I couldn''t find it in silver.

Arjunajane: What type of events do you see yourself wearing this dress to? I think this red actually looks better than the silver/gray because the gray makes it look like a heather gray T-shirt material, making it less ''party dress'' and more ''day dress''. But if you are in fact going for the casual backyard BBQ look, then the gray is appropriate. I''m kind of surprised this was worn in Cannes where everyone seems to be decked out in Chanel, Valentino etc.

Jaysonsmom,
I actually prefer the heather gray but if it were a more affordable dress, I likely would''ve gotten both.

I agree, it did seem rather casual for Cannes, but looks like she was just at a daytime photo call near the water, so I guess in that way it looked appropriate..

I''m sure there must be *something* similar in my local dept. stores - I just don''t want particularly feel like going traipsing around the city for hours, lol..
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 9:02:35 PM
Author: Sabine

Thanks guys
21.gif

And for a JERSEY dress too! I was shocked at that price...I mean the dress does look fabulous, but yikes!

Arj, hope you found something you can use on this thread...I love seeing how great the detectives on here are! And if you can get the actual dress, go you!

I agree Sabine - they really are very good, I appreciate everyone''s help!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 4:22:17 PM
If this isn''t it, it''s at least the closest one I''ve seen:
http://www.polyvore.com/giambattista_valli_twist_waist_jersey/thing?id=13928021
I like to think I have a good eye for these things and I am CONVINCED that this is the dress -- just in a different color. The designer might have made one specially for Jennifer Hudson @ Cannes. But that''s the shape/style etc EXACTLY. Too bad its
a) almost $1800
b) out of stock
39.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did anyone post this one yet? It seems like a knockoff of the original red dress ... but $24!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another look similar to the original can be attained by a convertible dress -- here is one by Victoria Secret. Monif C makes a plus sized version called "Marilyn" and the most famous one of all I''m totally blanking on! Anyone else remember it? Was it "Betty" dress? something like that. The idea is it can be worn many different ways with twisting and wrapping.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's another knot-front jersey option but its sleeveless. And I actually love this dress although its nothing like the original. I wish it came a tish bit larger.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results