shape
carat
color
clarity

Jaylex Engagement Pics!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
We finally buckled down and had our "engagement" photos taken last Sunday.
Our videographer is trying to break into photography so she offered to do ours for free in order to build her portfolio :)
Keep in mind that we are the first couple she has photographed so far. They are pretty standard as far as "couple" or "engagement" photos go... but I am really happy with the way they turned out.
I do wish I had thought to ask her to get hand shots... and pics of us from farther away so that you could see my shoes.. That would have made traipsing through the park in heels much more rewarding lol.

Well, here are some of my favorites!

IMG_7023 (2).jpg

IMG_7035 (2).jpg

IMG_7063 (2).jpg

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
:)

IMG_7066 (2).jpg

IMG_7068 (2).jpg

IMG_7077 (2).jpg

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
more

IMG_7079 (2).jpg

IMG_7080 (2).jpg

IMG_7092 (2).jpg

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
and...

IMG_7102 (2).jpg

IMG_7111 (2).jpg

IMG_7117 (2).jpg

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for the pic overload! I promise I'm done ::)

IMG_7120 (2).jpg

IMG_7121 (2).jpg

IMG_7122 (2).jpg

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
awww, jaylex, they turned out so wonderfully--you guys are adorable! love, love, love the fall background. i soooo wanted a fall engagement shoot, but alas, it was not in the cards for us. so glad it was for you & mr. jaylex!!

so, what are you going to use these for? any ideas??

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I love them! You two look so wonderfully happy together, and I adore the pop of bright color against the fall leaves! And all that dark wavy hair...swoon!

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
You two look great and you got so many usable pics, way to go! Love the fall landscape around you, so pretty. Congrats/Best Wishes!

Not bad at all for her first try! It looks like it was a beautiful day to have your pictures taken.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You both look amazing Jaylex!!

She's got some work to do re. background, depth of field, but not bad at all for a first try - and she got lucky with very photogenic subjects :bigsmile:

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
lulu- Thank you! Fall is my favorite season! And in Ohio it seems to be the shortest :( We were really lucky that we got the pics taken the day we did.. the very next day there was a storm and all of the leaves were blown away! As far as what we are using them for, I already posted some to our wedding website, we are probably going to print some for our families and I'm going to get some framed for our room :)) Maybe a STD?
sillyberry- Thanks! I was going to wear a black shirt. Glad fiance talked me out of it!
As far as my hair is concerned, right before we got engaged I cut my hair almost to my shoulders. I loved it because the extra length weighs my curls down but I have had this idea in my head of having long curls for our wedding so I'm trying my darnedest to make it grow! I still have 198 days! lol It was pretty windy when we got our pics taken.. fiance was eating my hair, poor guy!
StonieGrl- Thanks so much! I normally hate the way I look in pics so the fact that there are very few that I don't like is so great!
Yssie- Aww thank you, yessie! That is so sweet. And you must be a photographer... I wouldn't know about any of those things lol.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Y'all make a very cute couple, and what wonderful photos, especially from a free photo shoot!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely pics!!!!!!!!!!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, princessplease and AustenNut! The "Free" part was pretty hard to grasp for FI.
"So she's taking pictures of us for free?"
"yep"
"So we just have to pay her for her time then?"
"no"
"Well, do we have to pay her for the photos we want?"
"no. she's going to edit them and then give them to us on a disc"
"Oh. so we have to pay her for the editing?"
"no! it's all free!"

lol. poor guy. All the nickel-and-diming from wedding vendors over the past year has given him a new interpretation of the word "free". :tongue:

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Cute pictures! DH and I did the same thing actually! I advertised for a photographer on Craigslist and my grad school classifieds and ended up finding someone who wanted to build her portfolio. I called them my semi-pro pics and I really like that they helped us get used to being in front of the camera. One of the pictures was actually used in a Valentine's Day greeting card that the alumni association of the university sent out to all of the couples that are alum married to an alum. They even paid her for her work! We ended up giving her something small for her efforts but she didn't ask for it.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Clairitek! We also looked at this like a "warm up" for our wedding pics. I have high hopes for those because I love our photographer.
And you are on a greeting card? That's pretty neat.
We did send the videographer a "thank you" note with one of our favorite prints. I just saw her yesterday and she didn't mention getting it. Maybe it hasn't gotten to her yet. lol. Sorry.. thinking out loud.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pictures!!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, IndyLady :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
jaylex|1288818609|2754283 said:

These three are definitely my favorites!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Amys Bling! We had prints made of all three of those! lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results