shape
carat
color
clarity

Jarel by Lucien Piccard identification

stiv

Rough_Rock
I have an older watch passed down to me and would like any information about this time piece. I believe it was put together in Switzerland. This is in great shape and still has the original price tag. Any information regarding year, if there was a master craftsmen or crafted with gold or diamonds.

Thank you,

Greg

Attachments

• watch3.jpg
    watch3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 16
  • watch4.jpg
    watch4.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 8
  • watch5.jpg
    watch5.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 10
  • watch8.jpg
    watch8.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 8
  • watch10.jpg
    watch10.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 8
  • watch1.jpg
    watch1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 7
  • watch2.jpg
    watch2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 9
  • watch11.jpg
    watch11.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 8

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Lucien Piccard was originally founded In Switzerland in the 1920s but is for the most part a US watchmaker, and still making watches btw.
your watch has a Quartz movement so that’s after 1970.
Looking at the case back, marked for stainless steel, I presume the metal watch case and band are gold plated metal. If they were solid gold they would be clearly Hallmarked, usually 14k.
still a lovely watch, you will be able to replace the battery and get it working again. Hopefully if an old battery is still inside it hasn’t “leaked”. If it has, unfortunately the Quartz watch movement will be beyond repair. A battery replacement is usually about $10.

stiv

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your insight and I appreciate the response. It's a nice watch and by the price tag I would believe it to be gold plated at most. Again thank you for your time.

Best Regards,

Greg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results