shape
carat
color
clarity

January Virus Rants

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We take our quarantine seriously in Australia. If you try to flee quarantine you will get your photos released!

One another note we are possibly on the cusp of a second wave but our government has mandated masks and scaled back limits on various activities so hopefully we will get through this.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had the Chanel 7 news team at The Strand, Croydon.
yes, Croydon, Sydney has been “named” and put on the naughty list.
Interestingly though the family concerned lives in Croydon Park and all the venues they visited are in Bankstown except for a playground in Croydon Park and...shock horror.......
Bunnings!
Not Bunnings!
I haven’t been anywhere of late. Stuck at home waiting for an Electrician who might come (each day) if the rain stops.
He finally turned up last Thursday.
And he’ll be back here next Monday and Tuesday.
Apparently near Antique wiring is undesirable. He was astonished, miraculous even that it’s lasted til now Without burning the house down.
It’s original wiring circa 1928.
Yep, there goes my bling money.
sigh.
I still bought my pearls though...

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What on earth is wrong with people? I suppose because they’re young, they think it’s no big deal for them, they won’t die if they get it, and they don’t want quarantining to put a crimp in their life :angryfire:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had the Chanel 7 news team at The Strand, Croydon.
yes, Croydon, Sydney has been “named” and put on the naughty list.
Interestingly though the family concerned lives in Croydon Park and all the venues they visited are in Bankstown except for a playground in Croydon Park and...shock horror.......
Bunnings!
Not Bunnings!
I haven’t been anywhere of late. Stuck at home waiting for an Electrician who might come (each day) if the rain stops.
He finally turned up last Thursday.
And he’ll be back here next Monday and Tuesday.
Apparently near Antique wiring is undesirable. He was astonished, miraculous even that it’s lasted til now Without burning the house down.
It’s original wiring circa 1928.
Yep, there goes my bling money.
sigh.
I still bought my pearls though...

Im glad you got your pearls but please tell the sparkie to hurry up. -
do you still have the bakalite switches ?
(We have very clapped out bakalite door handles)

lucky our old dunga got rewired in the 90s
Do you have a lack of power points, not enough light fixtures and power points not in the most desirable of places ?

The sparkie we got in recently for something else said who ever had this house rewired didn't do a single improvement except literly rewire - not even dropping the powerpoints down

I need to spend my first year's back at work (fingers crossed) wages just on lights and power points - dont even mention the stupid kitchen that needs a lot more juice - i trip the breaker every time we have a roast (boiling the jug for gravy and cooking peas & corn in the microwave and having the oven on)
I often wondered how all the kids that grew up in this house ever did their homework or read a book with the one single light in the bedrooms (and only one power point)
And light switches are also not in the best of places
And the garage needs power ...

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Electrician is still a work in progress ha ha.
turns out the circuit got fried during a storm we had. I didn’t know but you don’t have to actually be hit by the lightening, if it’s close enough it can still cause a surge effect. Who knew.
we were both lucky and unlucky.
We thought we had the whole house re wired a few years ago but apparently not. There was a section that was original and not touched. That part was literally fried.
thankfully all our electronics were on the new wiring which has a surge protector. So that was lucky.
unlucky that it’s a huge job because it’s all the powerpoints had to be checked. and the old one replaced. 27 in all!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Electrician is still a work in progress ha ha.
turns out the circuit got fried during a storm we had. I didn’t know but you don’t have to actually be hit by the lightening, if it’s close enough it can still cause a surge effect. Who knew.
we were both lucky and unlucky.
We thought we had the whole house re wired a few years ago but apparently not. There was a section that was original and not touched. That part was literally fried.
thankfully all our electronics were on the new wiring which has a surge protector. So that was lucky.
unlucky that it’s a huge job because it’s all the powerpoints had to be checked. and the old one replaced. 27 in all!

Would your insurance cover some of that ?
Its kind of a blessing to know you had some old dogy wiring and now its being replaced

we had to get a building report for the morgage so we were pretty sure we were ok
The plumping under the house had all been redone exvept for literly less than a metre
Who ever did it must have been a lazy sh#t and on discovering they were the metre short they just reused a bit of the old stuff
.....sure enough a couple of months back at 11pm at night we discovered lake Willmott-Rowden under the house

Its one thing all the things you can see are wrong with one's house but all these unseen things are a right pain in the back pocket
Anyway it took the young whipper snapper plumber about 10 min to fix
he even had the bits in his van left over from the last job and the break was really close to the edge of the house so he didn't have to crawl far in the mud (and probable cat poo)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly @Polabowla if other people don’t understand that you don’t want to contract a deadly virus, then frankly, screw them!

My tolerance of stupid people is getting less and less with each passing day.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skipping a family wedding & everyone is mad at me. Dh & i are very high risk but they don't get it .

Anyone who forces someone else to attend a function during these times should be smacked!

I truly find it baffling this even happens. Sometimes I feel like there is a bit of power play going on when this kind of thing happens. Is it really about them missing you or is it about you rocking up and playing nice.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds so true! I just feel sad we can't go & upset they don't understand why not.

Way back in March a couple had a big fancy wedding in Bluff
Before lockdown, when we were just getting the wash hands talk and no huggy kissy
the venue did everything right and i beleave the venue and catering staff did not get sick
but this one guest was an Air NZ steward
i mean it wasn't his fault
He didn't know
But that became our biggest cluster till South Auckland
The groom's father died
98 people got sick
2 people died
now imange how many more people would have been infected if this country had not gone into lockdown just after ?

i am sure there are many many weddings and birthdays all around the world with similar tragic results
But this was back in March
with some hugging and kissing and a buffet
This is from April

Remember this was back in Match
we all know so much more now

send this photo to your sister if she gives you sh*t
maybe photoshop some of the family onto this picture of the Bluff groom and his dad
1598870253833.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bahahaha the NSW government just posted a video telling us to be kind to people who can't wear a mask.

I've never seen anyone tell someone else off but I have seen judgemental staring galore! You can see people wondering what is wrong with the unmasked person, what kind of undesirable they must be to roam around without a mask.

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
@Polabowla I read something this week along the lines of .... the boundaries that are needed are the ones that will be tested. It's brought me some solace as I've stuck my ground on a few controversial things with my family.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know what I find super weird in Australia?

People like to be ordered to do stuff.

Barely anyone wore a mask before it was legislated. Suddenly after it was made mandatory, people were cheerfully donning masks. Almost every single person.

It's like our convict roots dictate that we need official orders before we do anything.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a rant but thought you guys could use a laugh at our expense.

Our government health department is offering advice on how to have casual sex during Covid! Seriously Australia???

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Brisbane is going in to a hard lockdown from 6pm tonight. Only for 3 days.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock

Our government health department is offering advice on how to have casual sex during Covid! Seriously Australia???

That doesn't surprise me. When we had the harsh lockdowns in Melbourne, you should have seen the amount of illegal brothels that got caught and fined.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PlaySafe recommends mutual masturbation should be done at a distance, including staying “a minimum of 1.5 metres (apart) at all times”.

Even using a king size bed, unless the... um... participants are head to toe or perpendicular (because I assume it's the HEADS that are supposed to be almost 5 feet apart) this is going to be verrrrry verrrry difficult. Perhaps they are suggesting the floor? Or living room -- he on the couch, she on the recliner? Kitchen; she's atop the SubZero and he's by the Wolf? Maybe engage the neighbors' space? "Honey, I'll be right here, you go over to Alice and Dave's. Knock three times on the dining room wall when you're done."

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know what I find super weird in Australia?

People like to be ordered to do stuff.

Barely anyone wore a mask before it was legislated. Suddenly after it was made mandatory, people were cheerfully donning masks. Almost every single person.

It's like our convict roots dictate that we need official orders before we do anything.

Yip*
Us too
Not that we were covicts mind :lol:

its really weird comparing our mindset to the UK and US peeps we see on the news

As ive said i don't even like the PM but when she told me to do it, i did it because she told me to

Brissie's a bit of a worry right now

I wonder if your 4th cricket test will go ahead now ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
PlaySafe recommends mutual masturbation should be done at a distance, including staying “a minimum of 1.5 metres (apart) at all times”.

Even using a king size bed, unless the... um... participants are head to toe or perpendicular (because I assume it's the HEADS that are supposed to be almost 5 feet apart) this is going to be verrrrry verrrry difficult. Perhaps they are suggesting the floor? Or living room -- he on the couch, she on the recliner? Kitchen; she's atop the SubZero and he's by the Wolf? Maybe engage the neighbors' space? "Honey, I'll be right here, you go over to Alice and Dave's. Knock three times on the dining room wall when you're done."

What country is this ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Only today Air NZ started quareteen free flights into Brisbane and delivered their first 25 passengers straight into lockdown

mind you I'd say those peeps were returing residents and home is home is home

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
What country is this ?

That's in New South Wales (so Sydney).

Only today Air NZ started quareteen free flights into Brisbane and delivered their first 25 passengers straight into lockdown

mind you I'd say those peeps were returing residents and home is home is home

Yeah it is scary to even think about holidays but hopefully those people are returning home and it's worth it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
No Brisbane !
No !

Its only 3 days !
And supernarkets are staying open !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results