shape
carat
color
clarity

Jannpaul as a pricescope affiliate?

Skeptron

Rough_Rock
Though they’re from Asia, I’ve had Singapore friends who swear on their service and quality. Their transparency in scopes, quality even live crafting videos are all amazing not to mention their white series cuts. Is there a reason Pricescope doesn’t invite them as an vendor here?

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is nothing stopping them from joining PS, creating a trade account and participating in discussion.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think if they want to be a featured sponsor, they can contact PS about that. I don't know that PS reaches out to jewelers or if jewelers reach out to PS. They are though sponsors and not just a list of people PSers like. Jannpaul often makes the list just of vendors people like.

And as flyingpig said, if they want to participate on the forum, there's nothing stopping them from doing so.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sponsoring dealers, meaning people who have stones in the database, pay to do that, and it's not inexpensive. Not everyone wants to advertise here. It's very much a specialized marketplace. It may be a simple matter that they prefer not to do it.

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
The best advertising is Free. Used to be only word of mouth but now social media.

Since May 23, 2021 I have been communicating with JANNPAUL having been intrigued by Decagon's unique cut characteristics and amazed by its extraordinary comparative optical performance vs side-by-side with MRB 3Ex & SIC. Admittedly 111 vs 57 facets is biased towards Decagon. Still its a virtual demo.

Shopping for 2ct and two 1ct MRB for my wife and looked at WF, BG, JA and all the usual reputable online websites. Visited the high end local jewelers with loupe and ASET in hand. All 2ct 3Exs demonstrated mediocrity by ASET. So back to JP.

They had a >0.9ct Decagon pair in house. No 2ct Decagon. My JP associate, Chloe, informed me that the Master cutter has access to a rough diamond that he will custom cut to my specs to 2ct. That requires a deposit. Wait time 3 1/2 months due to the back log of Decagon custom cut orders. He is the only Master diamond cutter who can consistently and precisely execute the Decagon's demandingly exacting cuts. Fair enough. We can wait.

As a result, JP has no Decagons to show on its website and they choose not to over promise and under deliver. They are selling faster than the cutter can produce. A good dilemma for JP. I was lucky to find the .9ct pair in house.

Since I reside in Silicon Valley and JP is in Singapore, this raised my doubts as to their honesty, reliability, business ethics, overseas purchasing problems, import duties, etc.

So I vetted JP 'til I sweated. Poured over online reviews, interviewed recent California Decagon customers and other diamond expert's opinions on JP. Did my due diligence. They all panned out extremely well.

The highly touted JP diamond education and non-high pressure approach is not a myth. Chloe is very respectful, honest and accommodating to all of my requests which were, are and will be many.

Yesterday I purchased Decagons; the 0.9ct pair soon to be fashioned into earrings and placed the deposit on the yet to be cut 2ct raw stone. The wife is vacillating between pendant or ring setting.

JANNPAUL earned my trust and confidence and thus my business.

Disclosure: I am not compensated by JANNPAUL for this. It's the other way around.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I doubt the US is their main market, and while there are PS members here from other countries, most are from the US. We have excellent sources of well cut diamonds here, so I doubt many people would be interested in having diamonds shipped back and forth from Singapore plus paying duty. Prices likely would be higher than buying diamonds here.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If JP (any vendor in fact) decides to join PS, their marketing materials, statements and claims will be dissected and questioned by trade members and prosumers.
They do not want to join PS.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results