shape
carat
color
clarity

Jan 6 Proposal Idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

guel8

Rough_Rock
I haven't really set anything in stone yet as to exactly what I am going to do, but this is what I have and I would appreciate some feedback.

First off, I want to start by saying I am 99.9% sure she will say yes because we have been together for 6 yrs, and we have been "window shopping for rings in the last few months". I however would love to still have it be a surprise even though, she might be expecting it. Hell, she has been expecting it for the last few years. lol.

I chose Jan 6 because my birthday is Jan 8, and she will think we are going out for my birthday with friends. Jan 6 falls on a Saturday and Jan 8 is on a Monday. Now, my idea is very simple so I would appreciate some feedback with suggestions.

I plan on telling her that I want to go downtown to this restaurant called The Lobby, she has been asking me where I want to go and I'll just tell her that I heard all these good things about it and I made some reservations for us there. (Little does she know that it is located in the Peninsula Hotel Chicago). I'll tell her that I made early reservations for about 6:00pm because we are going to meet my friends after dinner for my birthday. I know its kind of going to give it away when we get there and she sees its at a hotel, but hopefully its not a complete bust. We'll show up to the restaurant and thats when I'll tell her that our reservations are not until 8:00pm and we have a suite upstairs waiting for us. I am going to get a suite with a view of Michigan Ave and the Chicago skyline. When we get up to the room, I am going to hopefully have a few dozen roses setup in the room along with one of those shinning room service platters with a cover on it. When she see this, she'll know that there is going to be something inside of it for her. When she opens it, its going to be a Tiffanys box waiting for her. (I am not dumb enough to buy her an engagement ring from Tiffanys, I got our E-ring at Whiteflash
2.gif
) Inside the Tiffanys box will be this ball braclet that she has been wanting. I'll let her open it, and while she opens it I'll stand behind her with her e-ring in my hand and when she turns around to thank me for the braclet, I'll give her the real present. Hopefully this goes as planned, I will be visiting the hotel room that day before we go out there. After this, I'll have a bottle of champagne for us as well, for our own little celebration toast. We'll get to our dinner reservations later that night at the Lobby and have dinner overlooking North Michigan Ave, after that we'll probably dip into the restaurants Chocolate Buffet for desert, and then maybe later we'll go the "The Bar" that is also located inside the Hotel for a nightcap. This Hotel is a five star hotel, so hopefully everything is very nice. The next morning, I'll get a spa session setup for her at the Hotel, and then take her shopping on the Magnificant Mile Michigan Ave.

What do you guys think? Suggestions and comments will be appreciated. Here is a link to the hotel. http://chicago.peninsula.com/pch/index.shtml

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
That sounds amazing! It looks like you have thought of everything. I can''t imagine a more romantic proposal. I think she''ll be surprised. I know I wouldn''t expect my BF to propose to me when going out to celebrate HIS birthday. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

guel8

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I plan on going to the hotel probably within the next couple of days and making the reservations for the room,restaurant, and spa.

Anybody know of a good champaige? Not much of a drinker, just thought the moment would be suitable.

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
Sounds like you have everything in order. She maybe tipped off when you say that you have a room but I would cover it up with the point that you would like to tie one on and not have to worry? :)
Good luck and let us know how it goes?
For Champagne it depends on what you want you could go high end of Dom Perignon, or I like Veuve Clicquot which is a moderately priced

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I second the Veuve Cliquot - my favourite, and my future SIL''s (who is from Chicago).

Great proposal ideas.

Extra suggestion - buy her some "bridal ****" magazines
19.gif
to read while she''s at the spa...

guel8

Rough_Rock
I will definitely buy her the "bridal ****"!!! That is a great idea. Thanks. I''ll have to pick up a bottle of Veuve Cliquot. You guys are a great help.
I already made the reservations for the room. I am starting to get nervous.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
that proposal sounds absolutely wonderful!!!

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/30/2006 2:11:23 PM
Author: guel8
I will definitely buy her the ''bridal ****''!!! That is a great idea. Thanks. I''ll have to pick up a bottle of Veuve Cliquot. You guys are a great help.

I already made the reservations for the room. I am starting to get nervous.

Don''t be nervous. The whole proposal is going to be great! Your girl is sure lucky!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
The Peninsula is a wonderful, modern and sleek hotel! It sounds like you have it all figured out.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck this weekend! Your proposal sounds just perfect!

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
How did it go? I''m sure it went great, but I would love to hear the details!

mrchips

Rough_Rock
so how did the proposal go?

sounded very romantic and nice!

guel8

Rough_Rock
It went great! She said yes! My plan changed a bit, but everything went as smooth as can be. We ended up at the Ritz Carlton and I think it worked out better. I will post the exact details later. Thanks to everyone for their help!

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Only just now reading this, but this proposal plan sounds divine! You have really thought of everything. Can''t wait to see how it all turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results