shape
carat
color
clarity

James Avery Has Died

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
James Avery has died. I do not know if everyone reading Hangout knows who he was, but many people with whom I have discussed jewelry over the years in Pricescope threads know James Avery designs. They are often religious and do not always, in fact usually, do not feature gemstones. Nonetheless, they are quite distinctive. Many Pricescopers have expressed appreciation for them. I own a gold "nativity bracelet" that I bought through his catalogue; I wear the bracelet at Christmas time every year. (It is also available in silver.) Here is a link to his obituary in "The New York Times".

James Avery's Obituary...https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/03/...-of-a-southern-jewelry-empire-dies-at-96.html

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture of the James Avery "Nativity Bracelet" in gold. I cannot find a picture of my own bracelet.

JamesAveryNativityBracelet.jpg

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no. He is about as big as it gets in Texas. I and both my girls have loaded charm bracelets that we cherish because each charm has a special meaning.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am sorry to hear this . It sounds like the world lost a talented and good man.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I heard he had passed; actually I think my husband told me. I have many, many pieces of James Avery jewelry; I'm wearing earrings, 3 bracelets and a cross right now. They are my go-to jewelry pieces for everyday wear. Two of my bracelets are his design (rather than more current designs that he did not actually draw) and are retired. I was introduced to his jewelry when my family moved to TX in the late 70s; he was not widely known then. My mom probably began my collection with a charm or something. The hubs has given me JA jewelry throughout our 24 years together. I'm not so decked out that I'm a walking advertisement for the JA line, but those who recognize the older designs would certainly know what I am wearing.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your bracelet Deb. What a great piece. I have heard of him but never bought any of his pieces. Seems like the line will go on since his sons run the business.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my all-time favorite pieces of jewelry is a James Avery. It's a large, heavy, substantial 14k yellow gold butterfly pendant. It's SO stylish and well-made, and I truly adore it. I found it one day when I wasn't even looking, in the estate section of my local jeweler, and it was a fantastic price. It's given me huge pleasure, and I'm sorry to hear that its designer has died.

.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What beautiful pieces, you are lucky to have them. RIP

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to put up one more James Avery piece I bought: a cross that I sent to my daughter's birth mother a number of years ago. It is called the La Primavera (which means "The Spring") Cross and it comes in different sizes and metals. I still really like this cross a lot. It reminds me of Easter, God being love, peace, and renewal.

LaPrimaveraCross.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a generous gift to your daughter's birth mother! It's beautiful.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a loss. I’ve seen his pieces and they are beautiful and full of meaning.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to put up one more James Avery piece I bought: a cross that I sent to my daughter's birth mother a number of years ago. It is called the La Primavera (which means "The Spring") Cross and it comes in different sizes and metals. I still really like this cross a lot. It reminds me of Easter, God being love, peace, and renewal.

LaPrimaveraCross.jpg

I rememeber this, Deb! So sweet! Thanks for letting us know about his passing. I had not heard it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results