shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen E-ring resize issue

PAMS24

Rough_Rock
New update:
So....not sure how to feel...I guess I should at least be "grateful" that they're remaking my ring even though they're the ones that screwed up my ring in the first place. I know at this point there's nothing else they can do or I can ask for, but I just wanted to document my ordeal with James Allen and at this point I can say I'm done with this company.

The original resizing order (where they mangled my ring) was delivered to them Jun 18. It didn't "pass inspection" until Jun 23 (5 days later over a weekend). Then the ring wasn't shipped until Jul 10 (16 days later), and arrived at destination Jul 13, so in total 25 days.

When the customer service manager first contacted me about the remake, she said she'll oversee the entire process, keep me updated at every step, and have the remake expedited through initial inspection to shipping, and that she's upgraded return shipping to me to OVERNIGHT shipping.

This time, ring was delivered to James Allen Jul 18, was told that there's "higher than normal volume" so the inspection process could take longer. "Passed inspection" Jul 23 (so same 5 days later over a weekend), completed for QA Jul 30 (7 days later), Shipped Jul 31 NOT OVERNIGHT SHIPPING, and scheduled to arrive Aug 2.

I contacted my contact regarding how come shipping is 2 days instead of the promised OVERNIGHT. I know this is just a one day different but actually that one day difference results in that we won't be able to get our ring until the week after due to our schedules. I'm very disappointed that that promise wasn't kept.

The reply to that was that her request for overnight shipping was ignored (even though she is the Lead for their service team as well as a Supervisor) and that's shes sorry but there's nothing she can do now as they can't get the package back. To me this sounds like a cop out. It may not be the case but to me as a customer's point of view, it feels like they can say whatever they want and promise whatever they want, and then when it comes to doing it, can say whatever they want in regards to business-talk excuses ("higher than normal volumes", etc), and just say that it's too late now to do anything and just to deal with it.

Anyways, I know this sounds like a total rant and it is. But I know nothing can be done now. "Should be grateful" that they're even doing the remake for free I guess? Anyways just documenting as some of you might want to know?

Current mood: Disappointed and sad. Been engaged for 2 months and had my ring for 1.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
You have every right to be completely unsatisfied with the supervisor’s false and unkept promises. Hoping you finally received your finished ring and that it looks good as new, as it should. Sorry you’ve had a bad experience twice with JA.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results