shape
carat
color
clarity

Jade Goody & Jack Tweed to marry a.s.a.p.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I just saw this...poor girl.

Link

"JADE Goody is to marry after being told by doctors that she has just months to live, her spokesman said today.

The reality TV star was told yesterday that her cancer had become terminal.

After learning the news, Jade’s boyfriend Jack Tweed, 21, proposed to her - on the eve of Valentine’s Day - at her hospital bedside, and the couple now plan to marry as soon as possible, said Jade’s spokesman and close friend Max Clifford.

He said she was “devastated" at the news that her cancer was terminal, and was working to put her legal affairs in order as she faced up to the harsh reality of her condition.

Jade, 27, who rose to fame through Big Brother, was first diagnosed with cervical cancer in August and had a golfball-sized tumour removed during a lengthy procedure last Friday.

Last week Jade, originally from Bermondsey, south London, learned that her cervical cancer had spread to her bowel, liver and groin.

She is being treated at the Royal Marsden Hospital in Chelsea, London.

Jade has two young children, Bobby, five and Freddie, four.

Her spokesman Max Clifford said: "She was informed yesterday that tragically, she’s terminally ill. She was obviously devastated."

He said doctors had told her she had only months to live.

He explained: “It’s a question now of when and not if." "

[ Who is Jade Goody? ]

tlh

Ideal_Rock
That is terribly sad. My heart breaks for her and her family. I hope that a miracle will happen, and she will have years of life left... and that every day, is more wonderful than the day that preceeded it.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I read this today. It makes me so sad. She has those two lovely boys. I honestly feel like crying when I think of how young she is. I am praying for a miracle.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is absolutely awful. I''m devastated for her.

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Terribly sad.

Hello Lover

Rough_Rock
Oh my goodness. That is horrible! I pray for her and her sons. Heartbreaking.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Oh my....
15.gif
I saw a photo of her on Yahoo this morning. Don''t know who she is...but what terrible news to have to receive. I could only imagine how she feels, and her FI and young children.....
7.gif
So sad.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just feel awful for her. I hope that she enjoys her day.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t know who she was either...but she''s lovely.

How sad.
15.gif
Cancer''s a b*#ch...
29.gif

PS--I''m surprised she has been so open with the media about the details of her health.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 12:16:00 PM
Author: Bia
I didn''t know who she was either...but she''s lovely.

How sad.
15.gif
Cancer''s a b*#ch...
29.gif

PS--I''m surprised she has been so open with the media about the details of her health.
She has been so open for two reasons.. the first is to make as much money for her boys as possible. She has classed herself as uneducated before and she wants them to have a private education. Her second reason is so that as many women as possible will have the tests done. Apparently since she went public around 20% more women have come forward for smear tests.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 12:26:17 PM
Author: Maisie

Date: 2/20/2009 12:16:00 PM
Author: Bia
I didn't know who she was either...but she's lovely.

How sad.
15.gif
Cancer's a b*#ch...
29.gif

PS--I'm surprised she has been so open with the media about the details of her health.
She has been so open for two reasons.. the first is to make as much money for her boys as possible. She has classed herself as uneducated before and she wants them to have a private education. Her second reason is so that as many women as possible will have the tests done. Apparently since she went public around 20% more women have come forward for smear tests.
Good reasons. That makes it even more sad
39.gif

Cancer really upsets me. It such a ravaging disease, especially when diagnosed late.
38.gif
In her case, maybe more so because she thought she had beaten it.

My best thoughts go out to her, and her two young sons...

Steel

Ideal_Rock

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad that she enjoyed her day.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Jade died this morning with her husband and mother at her side.

She was 27 years old!

very sad.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
That is very sad. My mum is a GP and said that ever since this story became public, almost every female patient has asked about cervical screening. Good job Jade!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s awful. RIP Jade.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
I find it all very sad indeed that it takes a young mother to die before an issue such as cervical cancer can come to the fore.

It''s like Kylie having breast cancer, it wasn''t until her illness that people started to really take notice of the disease.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
When I saw this thread back on the top of DH, I knew something had obviously changed...and I am very sad to hear about her passing.

I hope that her last days were filled with happiness, love and beautiful moments...and I wish her family comfort during this painful time.
7.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 7:25:38 AM
Author: Po10472
I find it all very sad indeed that it takes a young mother to die before an issue such as cervical cancer can come to the fore.

It''s like Kylie having breast cancer, it wasn''t until her illness that people started to really take notice of the disease.
That''s very interesting, because here in the States, we''re very aware of breast cancer, and cervical cancer...there is tons of attention paid to it.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been checking the news everyday, a few times a day to see how she is getting on. I am so saddened about her death. She was a great mother to her boys. I think mothers day is going to be very sad for them as they grow up.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Her poor boys, my heart breaks for them - so sad

Italia I know women were aware of breast cancer here but it wasn''t until Kylie and Belinda Emmet (who later died from bone cancer
7.gif
) both contracted the disease as young women that it become something that younger women in general started to realise that you can develop the disease as a younger person - so awareness amoungst the younger population increased as a result.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I think Jade Goody has turned out to be a remarkable young woman. I am all for the hype and ''media circus'' she chose to create because of the awareness she has brought to this horrible disease.

God bless you on your journey Jade.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is very sad, I feel for her children. It is a relief that her suffering is over.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 5:48:40 AM
Author: Po10472
Jade died this morning with her husband and mother at her side.

She was 27 years old!

very sad.
It is terrible and on Mother''s Day and all.....

God bless.

Fleur_de_Lis

Shiny_Rock
I''m so very sadden by her passing. I was hoping she could hang on until after mother''s day but at least she''s finally at peace. Her family, especially her boys, will remain in my prayers.

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
So I am totally coming onto this thread way late but have been reading up on this and was very sad to hear that she passed away. I lost my brother to leukemia almost two years ago and am still having trouble coping with it. I can''t even imagine how hard it must be for her two sons. I am glad that she brought attention to this issue because there are so many people who are dismissive of their symptoms. At least she is not suffering anymore. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That is incredibly sad. I hope that by getting married, it will not only bring her some comfort, but help to ease the transition of their mothers'' passing on the two boys - it sounds like Jack Tweed really wants to do the right thing. Prayers for her and for their family.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
15.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results