shape
carat
color
clarity

J. Jill sizing???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I recently became enamored of this coat at J. Jill. I actually liked it so much that I bought one for my MIL in for Christmas and the more I looked at it sitting around my dining waiting to be wrapped the more I wanted one for myself. My MIL''s is a medium, which according to J. Jill''s sizing is for a size 10/12. It''s WAY to big on me so skipped Small altogether and got an XS, which is for size 2/4. The jacket came today and it''s still ridiculously too big, so I just ordered it in an XXS (size 0/2), and to be safe I ordered the misses and the petite both because I don''t know how the sleeves will ultimately fall.

Obviously in looking at the style the jacket is supposed to be a bit loose and unstructured, but but help me out here... I would LOVE to believe I''m a size 0/2, or even a 2/4 (hell, I''ll even take a 6/8 on some days!), but I''m NOT. What is up with J. Jill''s sizing? Is there some magic formula--maybe you divide all of the numbers on the sizing chart by the square root of pi to get the size you''re really supposed to order?

jacket.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha deejay, I have totally noticed the whole sizing thing too and not just J. Jill, but ann taylor, j.crew etc. before i was preggo i tried on a skirt at J.crew and needed a 00...ok, i know i was fit, but no way no how was I or will i ever be a real 00 or 0. Cute coat by the way!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It *is* a cute coat... now if I could only get it to fit, LOL. This one is to replace another boiled wool jacket that I bought 8 years ago but that one is camel colored and I''m trying desperately to break out of my cream/beige/tan/camel/carmel thing.

Of course now I will need a bag in a similar color to coordinate.
31.gif
There was a furla that I almost bought in Italy a few years ago; maybe I can track something similar down.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Yes, there is size expansion [ or is it contraction - LOL!].

I do not believe you can trust anything until you try it on. JJill and Coldwater Creek are notorious. I now wear a 2 to 4 [ rarely a 6, sometimes a 0] and I can't wear any of their clothes because they look like sacks when you put them on no matter how small.

Then I look at the sizes from some of my ancient [oops, did I say ancient? - I meant vintage. LOL!] clothes . . . They still fit fine [amazing at age 39++++ LOL!] but the labels calim to be a size 8 or 10!

Go figure. I hate sizes. And I hate that some of these companies with cool stuff don't make a size small enough for a person who is in good shape. They are losing market share!

Not sure if this helps - hope it does!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results