shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ve found the "where" - now I need to work on the "how"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stomp

Rough_Rock
So my GF and I are planning to take a trip up the coast. She doesn''t (to my knowledge) think of it as anything more than a little getaway. We plan to be gone for about 5 days, but I''d like to do the deed the first day. During that day we''ll be traveling from the LA area to the San Luis Obispo area, following PCH as long as possible. I''ve found a great little place in Pasa Robles called Villa Toscana. I''ve got the room, which can be seen here.

Now what I need to do is figure out the where and when? If I do it before we check in (or before she knows we''re going to the Villa) then I have the element of suprise. If I check in first and choose an area in the vicinity of the Villa then I expect it can be romantic, but perhaps a bit less surprise (I don''t typically like to pay almost $400/night and she knows that).

So, does anybody have any ideas on locations or spots between Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo / Pasa Robles that could be a nice setting. I''m afraid I don''t know the area well enough to know where to get started. "It" can happen sometime between mid-afternoon and early evening - but probably not too late since we''ll need to check in and I''ll want to take some advantage of the surroundings at the Villa. Maybe close to sunset at some random point along PCH...I really don''t know.

Thanks for any thoughts or advice.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Why don't you call ahead to the conceirge (sp?) and ask him/her for advice. They'll probably be more than happy to push you in the right direction. I recommend waiting until you're there and situated before doing it.

Good luck.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Maybe you can even have the B&B help set it up so that you just show up and everything is set (flowers or a beautiful setting outdoors with champagne, or some such thing). If you don't spring for the $400/night places often, it seems as if you should take advantage of the special surroundings... Ask them to pre-check you in and have a romantic setting ready and waiting. Maybe out on the patio with the view...

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Just a thought, if you do that and you have special requests, like yellow or pink rose petals all over the bed or floor or something, make sure they have it, or bring it yourself...

Or if you have a favorite champagne, etc...may also cut on cost...

See if the hotel has a particularly scenic area, and do it during sunset, or even back at the room for breakfast or something...either way the room looks FABULOUS! What a lovely lovely weekend you will have!

Good luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results