shape
carat
color
clarity

i've been banned

PA-C

Shiny_Rock
SO told me that about two weeks ago that I am banned from going onto GOG's website and PS because he has made a purchase and doesn't want me to figure anything out. I told him yesterday that I decided I'm allowed to go on PS because there's pretty much no way I will figure anything out on here....and I need the support (although he doesn't know i post in the LIW forum)! It makes me really excited to know he's made a purchase and it is SOOOOO FREAKING HARD not to go onto GOG's website because I will know right away which stone he purchased (since we were looking at only a select few diamonds.) What makes it even harder is that I feel like it is going to be so stinking long before he proposes that I feel like I want to go onto GOG just to verify he actually purchased something, hahaha. I'm holding strong for now though.

I've been really good about not talking to him about it BUT in light of the fact that a friend recently got engaged, it has been even more difficult to wait. I hate that he probably won't do it before the holidays since he knows how much I really wanted to be engaged so we could share it with our families (and I do not get to see mine very often). Also, I had asked him to be in my family photo we go to visit them for Christmas and it would make me so incredibly happy to be able to have a ring on my finger when we get the family photo done. Unfortunately, I doubt that will be an impetus for him to propose sooner. Sigh. :nono: ;(

OrchidVee

Rough_Rock
That's soo exciting!!! Congrats!!!!! What makes you think he won't pop the question before the holidays?? Maybe he will throw you off and actually do it so you can have your picture taken with some BLING!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Why wouldn't it be possible? If he's having it set locally it's absolutely possible and highly likely IMO. Why else would he drop all that money RIGHT before Christmas? :wink2: Good luck, very exciting!!!

MisakiChan

Rough_Rock
Yes, I'm also sure he'll propose before Christmas and you'll be wearing your bling in no time! :D Early congrats!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not sure of anything --- except that I've seen many a beautiful stone disappear from GOG's inventory in the last week or two!!!

How fun! Do you think he might have posted in RT and asked for advice?
YAY FOR PURCHASES OF SPARKLY THINGS :appl:

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
It's totally happening before/on/around Christmas!!!! Stay strong!!! The bling is coming soon :)

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Even if you don't get it before Christmas, at least you know it's coming soon!!! Yay! Dust!

PA-C

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for all of your responses, ladies! I pretty much (99.999% sure) know it's not happening before Christmas because he's told me it hasn't arrived yet (it's going to be set in the Vatche Royal Crown and I believe this is being done by either GOG or Vatche - not sure how it works) and I have no idea how much longer it will take. However, he did say this morning that it would arrive "very soon." Also, with all of the plans that we have before Christmas, there really isn't any time. I'll be going home to Pgh on Monday, he is meeting me there on Wednesday, family pictures are on Thurday, then I'm driving home on Christmas Eve because I work the night shifts on 24/25/26. When I drive home, SO will be driving to his family's house in Delaware. Grrrrr. So, unless he does it on Sunday (although I doubt it will be here by then), I'm also pretty sure it won't happen while we're in Pgh. Or at least I think it won't since he'd probably want to do it around here where we live. The only other option is for him to propose on Christmas day as he told me he plans to come visit me for a little while so I won't be completely alone for the entire holiday. Hmmm. Not sure how I feel (or how he would feel for that matter) about a Christmas day proposal but, hey, that would certainly be a VERY merry Christmas :naughty: :naughty:

@LJL, he definitely wouldn't have posted anywhere on this forum - he knows how much I frequent and is incredibly averse to me knowing any more than I already know. (i.e. the setting and cut of the stone) Also, I totally want to ask you if you know about a particular stone going "missing" from GOG's site, but I'll be good. :saint:

I'm trying to stay strong but it is SOOOO hard!!

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Oh honey, I am sure there will be a beautiful blingy rock on your finger before the New Year! As another poster stated, why would he have ordered the stone during the holiday season if he weren't planning on proposing soon? He could have done it any time after.

Here's some *******************************DUST***************************** that you will have your ring in time for the pictures!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results