kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Corruption.
Cronyism.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are no words for this that are allowed on PS. The corruption and nepotism here are UNREAL! Not to mention the fluster cuck of Russia. Grrrr when is he going to GO AWAY?!?!?!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone remember John F Kennedy.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So? He trusts her and maybe she will have a more calming effect on him. She is very bright and professional. I would think you would be happy about it.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If she is cleared why is it a problem Dee? The security clearance process is quite intrusive and thorough. As much crap as he is getting, both self inflicted and otherwise, it does not surprise me he wants someone that he can trust in the WH. It leaks like a sieve.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If she is cleared why is it a problem Dee? The security clearance process is quite intrusive and thorough. As much crap as he is getting, both self inflicted and otherwise, it does not surprise me he wants someone that he can trust in the WH. It leaks like a sieve.

Putting aside all of the other things that I don't have time to address right now (waiting for a client) I object to the fact that he said he wasn't going to do this in the first place.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nepotism in my mind is when someone is benefiting by getting paid and taking a position that someone else might otherwise have. If they are not paid then I have no problem with it. Like I said he has few he really trusts.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Things happen. Life changes. He said that in 2006.

So if she can do the job and do it well, who cares.

Like other Presidents have never said one thing and done something else?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Putting aside all of the other things that I don't have time to address right now (waiting for a client) I object to the fact that he said he wasn't going to do this in the first place.

Politicians say a lot of things and change their mind. I am sure he never thought he would have such problems finding people he can trust either.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Politicians say a lot of things and change their mind. I am sure he never thought he would have such problems finding people he can trust either.
Red, it is not what Trump is doing but the fact that it is Trump who is doing it.

It is pick, pick, pick here.

I am sure Hillary would have groomed Chelsea if she had won.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red, it is not what Trump is doing but the fact that it is Trump who is doing it.

Well she served on the Foundation without taking a salary so maybe.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nepotism in my mind is when someone is benefiting by getting paid and taking a position that someone else might otherwise have. If they are not paid then I have no problem with it. Like I said he has few he really trusts.

I think of nepotism in a different way.

From Dictionary.com:

nepotism. n. "favoritism shown to relatives, especially in appointment to high office," 1660s, from French népotisme (1650s), from Italian nepotismo, from nepote "nephew," from Latin nepotem (nominative nepos) "grandson, nephew" (see nephew).

This definition, and the one in my own head, doesn't require that the relative be paid for the position, however there is gain to be had in other ways. For instance, the lawsuit recently filed regarding Ivanka profiting from sales by virtue of promotion of her products by the White House.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ion-line-lawsuit-sued-nordstrom-a7653426.html

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree that Chelsea was being groomed for a political career regardless of whether Hillary won or not. I also don't think this has been any sort of secret.

Chelsea for President! Let's all get T-shirts made!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Things happen. Life changes. He said that in 2006.

So if she can do the job and do it well, who cares.

Like other Presidents have never said one thing and done something else?

I find her influence to be good on at least one point. For instance, from what I've read she dissuaded him from obliterating LGBT progress in a lot of contexts. Thank you Ivanka for not allowing Daddy-O to set us back another decade. If she can rein in Pvss Grab I'm all for it.

That being said, and this will be no surprise to you, I find Cheeto von Tweeto to be a utter liar. Among other things. So this is just one more nail in the coffin. You are right. I a picking. And there's a helluva lot to pick from!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I prefer to look at the Dow.

People going back to work.

And interest rates going up.

And nothing blowing up in our country.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Considering all the man-hate in the 'photo' thread, I would think the forum feminists would be tickled that he is adding more estrogen to his staff ... especially a socially-liberal woman. And for free! :appl:In fact, I venture to say that this is a very unique & historic moment ... has there ever been a 'first daughter' who served as an advisor to her President Pops? :think:

ETA - And it makes SS security easier with her in the WH. Another 'win'.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Almost everything about Donald Trump bothers me, including his stupid sons and their rude interventions into foreign policy Having Ivanka openly hold a position for which she is vetted and not paid does not bother me, however. Unlike many of Trumps's actions, it is not rude and it is not cloaked in secrecy and dishonesty. I agree that it is like JFK naming his young brother, Bobby Kennedy, as Attorney General. When criticized for doing that, he joked that Bobby needed some experience before he opened his own law practice.

AGBF

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer to look at the Dow.

People going back to work.

And interest rates going up.

And nothing blowing up in our country.

The Dow is up. Let up hope it stays up. In the words of Alan Greespan, we are being warned widely of irrational exuberance. Pray the financial pundits are wrong.

People going back to work... ? It is far too soon for Chump to be credited with putting anyone to work. The credit at this point still goes to President Obama.

Rates rising is an interesting conundrum. The hope is that rising rates will counterbalance inflation. The reality is that for every 1/8 of a point that rates rise more people are priced out of the housing market. (And don't bother harping on the fact that people who can't weather a 1/8 point increase shouldn't buy a house in the first place because there is ALWAYS a threshold.)

Nothing has blown up today. Thank god (whatever that might mean.)

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For that matter, has there ever been a First Daughter the President said he'd be dating if not for the fact that they are father and daughter?

image.gif

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
The Dow is up. Let up hope it stays up. In the words of Alan Greespan, we are being warned widely of irrational exuberance. Pray the financial pundits are wrong.

People going back to work... ? It is far too soon for Chump to be credited with putting anyone to work. The credit at this point still goes to President Obama.

Rates rising is an interesting conundrum. The hope is that rising rates will counterbalance inflation. The reality is that for every 1/8 of a point that rates rise more people are priced out of the housing market. (And don't bother harping on the fact that people who can't weather a 1/8 point increase shouldn't buy a house in the first place because there is ALWAYS a threshold.)

Nothing has blown up today. Thank god (whatever that might mean.)

Actually I prefer to celebrate that the money my husband and I scrimped and saved for years, will finally be working for us and making some decent interest.

As far as harping on who and who should not be buying a house, I believe the housing bust gave us a pretty clear indication that people were buying homes they clearly could not afford.

And that obviously did not end well.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Considering all the man-hate in the 'photo' thread, I would think the forum feminists would be tickled that he is adding more estrogen to his staff ... especially a socially-liberal woman. And for free! :appl:In fact, I venture to say that this is a very unique & historic moment ... has there ever been a 'first daughter' who served as an advisor to her President Pops? :think:

ETA - And it makes SS security easier with her in the WH. Another 'win'.

It is a unique moment. And the urge to make a joke about this particular father/daughter relationship and being the first time in history that a president has condoned the description of his daughter as "a piece of a$$" is almost overwhelming, but I'm going to stop there.

Let us hope she serves US--the people of America--well as I'm not at all interested in how she serves Pvss Grab at this point.

Aside from her suggestion ot him about not taking us back in time on LGBT issues I don't find her to have done anything else positive, including remaining silent on Cheeto's "locker room talk." or any of the other offensive things he's done to women.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Nope. Obama has been thankfully gone long enough that we can now credit this to our current President Trump.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
It is a unique moment. And the urge to make a joke about this particular father/daughter relationship and being the first time in history that a president has condoned the description of his daughter as "a piece of a$$" is almost overwhelming, but I'm going to stop there.

Let us hope she serves US--the people of America--well as I'm not at all interested in how she serves Pvss Grab at this point.

Aside from her suggestion ot him about not taking us back in time on LGBT issues I don't find her to have done anything else positive, including remaining silent on Cheeto's "locker room talk." or any of the other offensive things he's done to women.

And exactly what did Mrs. Clinton do to speak to Bill's favorite places to put his cigar.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually I prefer to celebrate that the money my husband and I scrimped and saved for years, will finally be working for us and making some decent interest.

As far as harping on who and who should not be buying a house, I believe the housing bust gave us a pretty clear indication that people were buying homes they clearly could not afford.

And that obviously did not end well.

Trust me, I've got PLENTY of money invested in various ways and I'm happy to see a positive outcome regardless of who gets it there, frankly I don't care if Goofy is President. Oh wait... he is.

About the housing market, as I mentioned in my previous post, there is always a threshold. And no matter what the thresholds are, there will always be people who push the envelope. As a Realtor for the past 13 years, someone with a master degree in finance, and a compliance officer in the financial industry for more than 20 years I see many sides of this issue.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And exactly what did Mrs. Clinton do to speak to Bill's favorite places to put his cigar.

You're right Ruby. Everything is -- and always will be -- Hillary's fault.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
You're right Ruby. Everything is -- and always will be -- Hillary's fault.

You said that Ivanka should have been more outspoken about her father.

And I am saying Hillary should have done the same with Bill.

Either both are innocent, or both guilty in their silence.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results