shape
carat
color
clarity

It's Time - Help me pick a diamond!

johnsta83

Rough_Rock
Hi All,
It's time for me to pick a diamond and I wanted some advice from fellow expert members. I've done some high level research but definitely interested to what you all have to say.

Some information on what I'm looking for:

Shape: Round
Carat: 2 carat
Cut: Excellent
Colour: E to F. Willing to go to G also if need be
Clarity: VVS1 to VS2 - "eye clean"
Certification: GIA
Holloway Cut Advisor (I only found out about this today): 1-2 Excellent
Budget: About 22k

I did read up on Hearts and Arrows but you can't have everything so it would just be a nice to have I guess.

I did notice this today which is D colour, and 1.7 on HCA. There are some Twinning Wisps on the GIA certificate which concerns me a bit and i'm not sure if this would be "eye clean".
http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-8652541-2.01-carat-Round-diamond-D-color-VS2-Clarity.aspx?sku=8652541&utm_source=pricescope.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com

Here is a high resolution image b2cjewels gave me on live chat (attached)

Looking for advice on if I'm missing something or any recommendations or should be looking at some other things!

I've been looking on pricescope and the two main players I'd probably so far feel comfortable with purchasing on is bile nile and b2cjewels

Cheers!

nkp654.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why do you want such high color? Is there a cultural reason?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I get that you are a newbie. But I have to say, feeling "safest" buying from a drop shipper (BN and B2C) as opposed to vendors that actually have the stones in house is a strange statement.

johnsta83

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1478659179|4095549 said:
Why do you want such high color? Is there a cultural reason?

Ahh I went and had a look at some diamonds in person and E-F looked good, with G still being great with only a minor variation in colour so I figured that would be a good becnhmark. No other reason really

Gypsy|1478659311|4095551 said:
I get that you are a newbie. But I have to say, feeling "safest" buying from a drop shipper (BN and B2C) as opposed to vendors that actually have the stones in house is a strange statement.

Ahh fair enough can you recommend other reputable dealers I should look at? When I looked at pricescope, "in-house / Vetted" diamonds commanded a premium

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
johnsta83|1478658958|4095548 said:
I did notice this today which is D colour, and 1.7 on HCA. There are some Twinning Wisps on the GIA certificate which concerns me a bit and i'm not sure if this would be "eye clean".
http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-8652541-2.01-carat-Round-diamond-D-color-VS2-Clarity.aspx?sku=8652541&utm_source=pricescope.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com

Here is a high resolution image b2cjewels gave me on live chat (attached)

For me twinning wisps as grade setting inclusion on a VS2 from a drop shipper is a no.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If I may add a bit to the information already presented. A "drop shipper" in the traditional sense is a vendor who, upon receiving an order, will send the diamond directly from the wholesaler to the consumer.   In that sense I'd like to make a correction  to note that B2C, while offering tens of thousands of diamonds in a virtual inventory, will endeavor to get light performance images, gemologist opinions, and will ALWAYS personally inspect every diamond ordered.  The diamond will be sent to New York, further images taken if requested and full verification of anticipated quality made prior to shipping to the customer.   That process separates B2C from the traditional "drop shipper."

And do remember, it is always good advice to compare return policies, shipping costs and warranties before making a decision.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results