shape
carat
color
clarity

Its OVER!! ITS OVER!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
The wait is over!! I''m no longer a LIW!!

After 8 years together..he actually proposed this past Monday. As some of you might have read in my previous threads, we picked out the stone on March, he picked up the ring in April and has been telling me for the past three months that I can expect a proposal sometime within ONE year as the jeweller told him that he has one year to bring the ring back for any changes. He had the ring kept at his dad''s house in the possession of his little sister and every so often i would ask her if he had picked up the ring or not. Anyways, we had been planning to go away for a few days with two of our closest friends to Kelowna, BC to do some wine touring and just get away from the city. I really thought this would be it but my friend (whom i trust with my life) told me that my b/f had told her he would like to do a proposal in private and would most likely be in August. I also spoke with his little sister and asked if he picked up the ring to bring on this trip. She said that he asked her to "hang onto it" for a little bit longer. I don''t think i''ll trust anybody anymore! hahaah

So there we are, with two of our closest friends, enjoying a day touring the wonderful wineries in the Okanagan and they tell me that the booked a tour for the four of us. I did not suspect a thing as our two friends are always doing silly wonderful things for us out of the blue. So we go on this tour and after the tour they tell me that they have something special planned for us for dinner. As the tour guide leads the four of us out to the winery i''m giving my friends dirty looks as they are always being too generous and i didn''t want them to spend so much $$! Anyways, i''m led down the vineyard then i start hearing this wonderful soft guitar music, i turn the corner and walk down further, i see a white table with two chairs, a bottle of champagne and a gentleman sitting to the side playing music on his guitar. At this point i was still clueless! I turn to my friends to say "what have you two done!! What are you guys planning"!! and as i turn back around, my b/f is on his knees and before i know it, he asked me to marry him!!! I was absolutely floored. I had no clue, no idea that it would happen this way. I always thought he would do a personal private proposal but he absolutely shocked me with thisl! I later found out that this whole thing was planned by him and my friends with the help of the coordinator at the winery and they had been lying to me for months!! His proposal was far beyond anything I would have ever imagined!

So without further adieu.......pictures of the ring!

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
.. i will post more pictures in SMTR

IMG_5652.JPG

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Here is a picture of the setting where he proposed

Engagement Site.jpg

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
AWWWW congratulations! What a cute story...and I love your ring!
30.gif

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats WHMS!!! Can''t wait to see more pics of the ring!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo!!! Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! Hooray for sneaky friends and fiancé! Need some more shots of that ring!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS! You have been patient and it paid off. Honestly, in times like this, NO one can be trusted!!!

What a gorgeous ring, and the vineyard setting was so lovely!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guy is so sweet congrats!!!

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Hooray for sneaky fiances!

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
How great for you! congrats and a very beautiful ring! YAY!

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
What a great story! Beautiful ring!

sleeping beauty

Shiny_Rock
finally your wait is over!!!! 8 years is a looong time, but he made worth while... that proposal was so lovely and your ring is georgeous!!!!! Congrats... i''ll take you off the list
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and nice manicure too!! The proposal spot looks so pretty and romantic! Congratulations!!!!!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
lovely ring!! congratulations!!!
36.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow that''s such a great story and a beautiful ring!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats whenharrymetsally!!! Great proposal story, and your ring is FAB! Your nails look beautiful as well!
36.gif
35.gif

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
What a wonderful story!! It''s so nice that he obviously had been planning for a bit, and had your friends lead you off base (oh the trickery
2.gif
) Congrats and stunning ring!

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everybody!
1.gif
I am still in shock that he went through so much planning to do it! I think he said something about me waiting 8 years for this, he knew he had better plan something special! haha Men are fustrating at times, but they will surprised you! All the LIW''s out there, just know that when he does ''pop the question'' it will be special for you!
2.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! What a sweet story and gorgeous ring!!!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations whms! I am so happy for you! Get on over and add yourself to the Brides in Waiting list!

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
A (slightly belated) congratulations!
What a romantic proposal!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results