shape
carat
color
clarity

it''s new years eve ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
first of all: happy new year to all of us! and for those getting hitched in 2010 - this is OUR year ladies!!!

so...it will be 2010 a few hours from now and i''m curious about what "odd" or different things you do/wear when the clock hits 12!

i picked this up from my dad when i was a kid: i put loose coins on my pockets, hold a few and jingle it and start jumping around when the clock strikes 12. LOL the coins signify that the coming year would bring me more money (which i surely need for the wedding!) and the jumping is to make me grow taller. hahaha. there may not be any science to any of these but i just got used to it and it makes me feel livelier and happier!
9.gif

so, what''s yours?

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!! Can''t wait for 2010 to begin!!! 2009 was a rough one for me, so I''m definitely looking forward to 2010!

Don''t have any particular rituals, but I might try the loose coins one! I could use some $$$ to pay for this wedding!!!
9.gif

Probably just toast with champagne and kiss my sweetie!
31.gif

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/31/2009 11:16:26 AM
Author:cleokizzy
first of all: happy new year to all of us! and for those getting hitched in 2010 - this is OUR year ladies!!!

so...it will be 2010 a few hours from now and i''m curious about what ''odd'' or different things you do/wear when the clock hits 12!

i picked this up from my dad when i was a kid: i put loose coins on my pockets, hold a few and jingle it and start jumping around when the clock strikes 12. LOL the coins signify that the coming year would bring me more money (which i surely need for the wedding!) and the jumping is to make me grow taller. hahaha. there may not be any science to any of these but i just got used to it and it makes me feel livelier and happier!
9.gif

so, what''s yours?

hahaha CLEO! I''m so going to steal that from you this year!

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t wait to be able to say "I am getting married this year!!!!"

I don''t do anything special at midnight - just give my honey a big wet smooch and toast champagne with some best friends!

2010 = wedding, honeymoon, and building our first home
36.gif
I am SERIOUSLY excited to bring it on in!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/31/2009 11:16:26 AM
Author:cleokizzy

so...it will be 2010 a few hours from now and i''m curious about what ''odd'' or different things you do/wear when the clock hits 12!

9.gif

so, what''s yours?

I told FI what is in bold, and he was blown away. I don''t think they think of things the way we do
3.gif

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
Any Scots here do First Foot? I just confused a housemate's girlfriend by instructing her she has to be our first foot! A dark haired stranger to the house (i.e. doesn't live there and isn't family) should be the first over the threshold with food and fuel, to ensure the household has those in plentiful supply over the next year! We usually allow a sausage roll and a phone battery for fuel, though my dad often does it when with my mum's family and has brought a mini gas canister with him for such purposes!

Also Happy New Year from the UK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results