shape
carat
color
clarity

"its just a piece of paper..."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trishy

Shiny_Rock
WRONG!!! WRONG!!! i have heard that saying so many times in my life in regards to getting married... [heard it said to others, as well as, myself]
"its just a piece of paper"

i just wanted to post a little something about this statement
to all the ladies in waiting....
for that extra validation, that maybe someone needs to hear. i know i felt crazy sometimes, cuz i wanted to be his wife so badly. sometimes others downplayed marriage to me. often times using that statement.

we lived together prior to getting married, shared finances, bought a home, shared bank accounts, basically we lived as a married couple, but just didnt have ''the piece of paper''. TOO MANY TIMES, i heard that statement, "it''s just a piece of paper"

i heard this from MANY sources...
and i must admit, i started to believe that it was just a piece of paper that i was missing.

i had the commitment in every other way, he said unofficial vows to me everyday in private, in front of family and friends, in essence professing his love and together forever-ness... was that enough for me and him? NOPE. i wanted the piece of paper everyone talks about too!! no matter how trivial anyone who says that line, "its just a piece of paper" makes it... it was still a big deal to us.

my husband and i cant tell you, how wrong that statement was. we both were prepared for the legality, the officialness that came with becoming man and wife. but never dreamed of the amazing experience that happened. it really does change the dynamics of a relationship. not just legally, but spiritually.

when i got married, i literally felt an out of body experience, like his and my soul floated out of our bodies and intertwined between us, creating a new level of togetherness that was the most incredible experience ever. as we said our vows, we had eye contact that never parted, making it feel like no one else was there but us. couldnt see or hear anyone else but eachother. it was the most intense, amazing beautiful unforgettable feeling.
i never even expected it. i''d never heard anyone describe it to me until i described to people what it felt like. and they had it too. i still cant put into words explaining exactly what happened, but it

so obviously, its a big change, getting married. a level up in commitment. status change from single to married, from girlfriend to wife,
its recognized by law, etc
but let me tell you, it is SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT, SO MUCH MORE [than that piece of paper] they all talk about. you all probably know that line is a load of crap anyways, which is why you all want it as bad as i did. so it turns out... i was not crazy afterall... all that time leading up to my wedding day, i wasnt making more of it then it was. and neither are you. its that good!!

rest assured that,.. that day, your wedding day, those vows, and what happens is everything you can possibly dream of it being and more!! its an undescribable feeling that is just magic!! its out of this world!! heavenly dreamy!! there is a reason its so important to us gals.. [and guys too] i didnt fully understand that reason until i experienced it... but its worth every second you have had to wait, to get there, with that person. its a big deal. and its awesome.

it is so good that hubby wants to get married every single year. renewing our vows. and i concur. i want to get married to him every chance i get. we are planning to get married according to every different tradition from everywhere in the world. saying every vow and every promise from all over.

anyhow... i just thought i''d let ya know... relish in it, cherish every moment!! and dont listen to anyone who says its just a piece of paper...

i hope somehow writing this helps someone. i know i wish i had this to read whenever someone made me feel crazy...
anyways... DUST TO YOU ALL!!! DUST DUST DUST!!
everyone, and ANYONE who loves another, all walks of life deserve this moment. i wish you and your beloved the ultimate in LOVE.
emlove.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 12:24:02 AM
Author:trishy

it is so good that hubby wants to get married every single year. renewing our vows. and i concur. i want to get married to him every chance i get. we are planning to get married according to every different tradition from everywhere in the world. saying every vow and every promise from all over.
That''s such a cool idea! Would make a great photo journal, and story. Be sure to document this along the way!

And congrats!
36.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I love the spirit of your post! I think it''s a wonderful idea to do all of the different wedding ceremonies/traditions. Please keep us posted (and with pics if possible!)

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
"if it''s just a piece of paper, and it''s not a big deal, then let''s just do it! i mean, what do you care? it''s just a piece of paper."

luckily for me, my boyfriend is a law student, and puts a lot of faith and meaning into "pieces of paper"

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely post, Trishy. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I loved reading your post.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Loved reading this!!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful post
1.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
what a great post trishy!
36.gif
i loved reading this so thank you for sharing.

trishy

Shiny_Rock
THANKS EVERYONE!! IM HAPPY TO HAVE SHARED IT...
9.gif

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
I too loved reading it. I get the it''s just a piece of paper as well and I have such a hard time putting into words that is not. You did a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results