shape
carat
color
clarity

It's happening. Buying a diamond by the end of week...

joepark89

Rough_Rock

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would pick the F color.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
You can't go wrong with either. But if I had to choose, I'd go with the F. The difference in price is worth it to me to have a higher color.

ETA: Put these on hold so they don't get sold before you make your decision!

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

Here we are. Deciding between these two diamonds on the Legato Sleek Line setting in Platinum in size 5.

Thoughts on these?
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4105527.htm
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4097152.htm

https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...ek-line-pave-diamond-engagement-ring-1120.htm

About to pull the trigger, so could use some last minute insight as I make a decision.
Both are great, but I'd pick the G because it's cheaper and G will still look very white. But you can't make a bad choice!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally love a F Si1 combo.

You are going to have to just pick one. Congratulations!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m with @lovedogs I would also choose the G. The price is less for essentially the same face-up size, unless the wearer is super color sensitive, it’ll be very white, and the inclusions look ‘cleaner’ to me.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Colorless is colorless.

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
Another vote for the G. I have a larger G and it’s really white. Let us know what you decide!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I* would probably go with the G because I am not color sensitive (save myself the extra $). You cant go wrong with either. You do gain
a little size and bragging rights with an F for the $800. It really depends on your priorities.

joepark89

Rough_Rock
Hi all. This is extremely helpful. I’ve asked wf for a side by side comparison and an honest assessment of the color.

With that said, does anyone have any recommendations from the premium or expert selection assortment that barely missed ACA? The more and more I look into this I’m realizing how much of a price difference ACA really is. It is definitely assuring that it’s guaranteed to be awesome performance, but I also know people have found absolute gems in expert/premium.

Thanks again all. I’m getting the jitters already lol.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Without going down significantly in color and size, or up in budget, it looks like the ES & PS options are slim right now. Here are two but both are higher in price than your current selections, I believe.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare/?idnos=4049801,4049803

ETA: the clarity in both is higher than your current selections, which I assume is the cause of the price difference. If the ACA SI’s are eye clean, then I’d just go with one of those. Kinda hard to understand why otherwise comparable ES diamonds would be priced higher than ACAs. :confused:

Last edited:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got it... that’s very interesting. What makes them higher in price? The clarity grade?

Honestly, I’m not sure. Here are all four diamonds lined up together to compare their specs: https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare/?idnos=4105527,4049801,4049803,4097152

They all appear to be in the recommended ideal ranges. The clarity is definitely higher on the two ES diamonds, but I wouldn’t think that would punch them that much higher in price over the two branded ACAs, rather, maybe they’d be on par with the ACA diamonds’ prices or even still just under (sort of a trade off, if that makes sense). For example, I remember when I was looking at my WF ES diamond, the ACA comp (specs-wise) was around $2500 or so more in price, so for me it was a no brainer to go with my ES.

I do not work for WF to know what/how they price various items, so I would definitely suggest calling & asking them about this because it seems odd to me. Maybe @Texas Leaguer can opine. :confused:

joepark89

Rough_Rock
Honestly, I’m not sure. Here are all four diamonds lined up together to compare their specs: https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare/?idnos=4105527,4049801,4049803,4097152

They all appear to be in the recommended ideal ranges. The clarity is definitely higher on the two ES diamonds, but I wouldn’t think that would punch them that much higher in price over the two branded ACAs, rather, maybe they’d be on par with the ACA diamonds’ prices or even still just under (sort of a trade off, if that makes sense). For example, I remember when I was looking at my WF ES diamond, the ACA comp (specs-wise) was around $2500 or so more in price, so for me it was a no brainer to go with my ES.

I do not work for WF to know what/how they price various items, so I would definitely suggest calling & asking them about this because it seems odd to me. Maybe @Texas Leaguer can opine. :confused:

Got it, thanks for this, I've posed the question to WhiteFlash and they're investigating..

They also gave me this option https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3965455.htm that just got listed. Thoughts?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

joepark89

Rough_Rock
Personally, I’d snatch that up QUICK! It looks cleaner than the other F-SI1 you picked, and it’s priced less for the same size. :love:
Another great choice! Gets you the F color but stays less expensive. I wonder why this one is so much less than the other F/si1?

Right?

Ok, I'll try and reserve this. No concerns about that feather?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right?

Ok, I'll try and reserve this. No concerns about that feather?
I honestly don't have any concerns about inclusions in ACA stones from a durability standpoint. Obviously some aren't eye clean from all angles, and that can bother people. But beyond that I just trust wf not to let anything be an ACA that shouldn't be.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got it, I just spoke with them. There's a dark inclusion under the table :(

The other one she suggested was this one:

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4128816.htm

But it’s noted to be eye clean in the description. :confused: So either it’s not a detectable inclusion from about 10” or it is (in which case it shouldn’t be listed as ‘eye clean’).

Another great choice! Gets you the F color but stays less expensive. I wonder why this one is so much less than the other F/si1?

In the interest of transparency, I called WF earlier when I saw the ACA vs. ES price disparities because it really puzzled me. The rep I spoke with said that sometimes the prices can be quite different for ‘like’ diamonds depending on what was paid for that particular diamond, in addition to the clarity differences (as was the case with the earlier ESs that I posted). It could be this one’s inclusion is less eye clean than the other SI1, but still, I’d think it wouldn’t be noted as such. I dunno.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Short answer is that precision pricing may actually be harder than precision cutting!! There are a lot of nuanced factors along the pipeline from mine to market, including the fact that the market itself is dynamic. Keeping a large stock of diamonds purchased over a period of time aligned with the current market is challenging. Sometimes diamonds turn out to be higher or lower grades than predicted from rough and adjustments have to be made. Sometimes human error is involved.
This is why it pays to shop and to get advice from folks that are paying close attention to the market on a regular basis - like many of the prosumers here!

joepark89

Rough_Rock
Short answer is that precision pricing may actually be harder than precision cutting!! There are a lot of nuanced factors along the pipeline from mine to market, including the fact that the market itself is dynamic. Keeping a large stock of diamonds purchased over a period of time aligned with the current market is challenging. Sometimes diamonds turn out to be higher or lower grades than predicted from rough and adjustments have to be made. Sometimes human error is involved.
This is why it pays to shop and to get advice from folks that are paying close attention to the market on a regular basis - like many of the prosumers here!

Got it. Makes sense. Do you have any personal recommendations from the diamonds that were recommended/in this thread? Thank you.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For very good reasons forum rules prevent any trade member from criticizing or recommending ANY diamonds. Not the least of which are diamonds they have for sale. :-o

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a tie for me - sort of.... I like the color of the F, its ever so slightly larger spread and its significantly smaller table. The G looks cleaner, but that's its only 'plus'.

However, these photos are hugely blown up and what we can see in a massive, still photo is often invisible in real life. So, if they're both confirmed by WF as eye clean, then definitely the F; it will be whiter and have a prettier profile.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results