shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s good...what is it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have to know exactly what is in something before you try and eat it, or will you eat it, decide if it''s good or bad and then ask what it is?

(Thought I''d put this out there since DF is lame today and asking reruns.)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As long as it fits my dietary requirements I''ll try it and then ask what it is.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha! Poor DF.

I don''t have to know whats in it, but I absolutely must smell it before I eat it. I cannot eat something without sniffing it first.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always need to know whats in something before I eat it.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I must know what is in it before I eat it even if everyone is telling me its good.

I also cannot eat in the dark because I need to see the food before it enters my mouth.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TG, you really are pulling a DH not even answering your own question!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t need to know exactly what is in something, but I would like to have a general idea of what the dish is before I try it.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
I usually try and then ask--and hope the answer doesn''t make me want to puke.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i wanna know first before i try it.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 2:35:22 PM
Author: Addy
TG, you really are pulling a DH not even answering your own question!
Ha well, because that''s easy. I eat first, ask questions later. I asked this question because I''m currently eating falafel. I really have been into them this past year but realized today I have no idea what it''s made out of...I wiki''d it and it''s a good answer!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
T-Gal, you are cracking me up. Poor DF. ha ha

I will try something, as long as it doesn''t have fish in it. Don''t want to be surprised by finding out there is octopus in it or something.
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

On the other hand, if it is homemade raviolis I will ask. In high school my Italian girlfriends grandmother used to put either brains or tripe in hers, I forget what. You would never get me to touch that in a million years. Another
14.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Uhh, I generally want to know, but will eat it anyway. I like to know what I''m eating so I can try to identify the flavors. I guess I have more appreciation for it if I know what''s in it!
1.gif

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
I wanna know first! I''m open to trying new things but I don''t like being surprised.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 2:42:37 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
i wanna know first before i try it.
Me too. Safer that way.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I usually dig in... it is my DH that asks "are those cranberries?" (allergy) before I''ll take a bite... but I guess it is better to ask before I chew, and then gets hives, itches, and the pukies.
emotion-41.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 2:27:28 PM
Author:TravelingGal
Do you have to know exactly what is in something before you try and eat it, or will you eat it, decide if it''s good or bad and then ask what it is?

(Thought I''d put this out there since DF is lame today and asking reruns.)
I guess it depends; if I am a guest in someones house I won''t ask and just eat it.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I won''t anything with fish in it - the only seafood I like is shrimp. Otherwise I''ll try a new food and ask questions later.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol TGal. Start enough threads today?

I'll taste. Then eat it if I like it. Then ask what it is if I think I don't really want to know....

ETA: I LOVE Falafel. Yummy.

E B

Ideal_Rock
It depends. If I have a general idea of what it is and I already know I like it (or it looks and smells good), I'll try it without asking. If we're talking a plate of mystery meat? I'll ask.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to know. I''m not an adventurous eater.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always ask first. I'm a fairly picky eater. I can psych myself out of eating a lot of different foods, but falafel is not one of them. Falafel is so good!! We make it from scratch at my house, so I know what it is!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
When I''m travelling or eating at a fancy restaurant, I never ask first. I eat it, and if I''m not familiar with it, I''ll ask afterwards. For instance, when I was in France when I was 17, I ate black blood sausage, which I thought was delicious. After finishing, I asked the host what kind of sausage it was, and when he said "blood," I thought something got lost in translation. Then I asked one of my friends who is a chef, and he told me that it was indeed blood sausage. I probably would have been biased against enjoying the dish if I knew that beforehand - I still would have eaten it to be polite, but I may not have liked it as much.

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I really need to know what''s in something when I eat it. I''m a picky eater, and if I don''t like something I really don''t want to be forced into eating it.
Usually though I have to pick things out of my food that I don''t like anyways, so I don''t get to enjoy my food like everybody else.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are FULL of questions today, TGal!

I do like to know what''s in something before I try it, but I''m getting better at holding my questions back and going on faith that my friend wouldn''t hand me something awful to try
3.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m usually not afraid of trying something before asking what''s in it.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
It depends on where I am and what the food looks like. If I''m at someone''s home and am unfamiliar with a food and it looks scary I''ll either pass, or take a tiny bit and push it around the plate. If I''m at a restaurant and I''ve selected an item but don''t know all of the ingredients I''ll just eat it.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 2:33:47 PM
Author: fieryred33143
I must know what is in it before I eat it even if everyone is telling me its good.

I also cannot eat in the dark because I need to see the food before it enters my mouth.

Agreed. Plus, I''m a vegatarian, and the reason I am one is that the idea of eating meat grosses me out no end.
14.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I''ll pretty much eat anything, so I don''t usually ask.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Depending on how something looks/smells, I''d happily try it without knowing what it was, especially because once I KNOW what something is, I sometimes can''t force myself to try it and I like to try new things.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I must know what it is. No way am I going to eat a gorgeous looking plate of mash potato lookalike that taste absolutely divine if I am told it is actually mash caterpillars.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results