shape
carat
color
clarity

It's going to be a Gluten-free, Dairy free, Soy free but hopefully not yummy free Thanksgiving ;)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I could use your help.

I don't think this is a popular choice and I don't blame you but for those of you who have experience with these dietary limitations please share tried and true yummy recipes that are gluten free/dairy free and soy free.

Could you recommend a substitute for gluten in the conventional thanksgiving day recipes for stuffing and pies etc?

I am just at the start of researching our options and thought I'd post here to see if any PSers have been through a similar holiday needing to be free of similar ingredients.

I am happy to share our experiences too if anyone is interested when the holiday is over and I have something to share.

Thanks and ho ho ho. Please pass the (Gluten free) stuffing.:lickout:

calvin and hobbes1.gif

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a Paleo pumpkin pie recipe I used a few years back that was really good:

https://cookeatpaleo.com/paleo-pumpkin-pie/

I also love to make roasted sweet potatoes, you simply cut the potatoes into cubes throw them in a bowl drizzle a little EVOO to coat and stir. Then transfer to a cookie sheet in a single layer then sprinkle freshly ground sea salt and pepper then sprinkle pumpkin pie spice over them. Put them in the oven to bake 400 degrees until tender, they will have a little crust on them the longer you cook them. I just eyeball it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a Paleo pumpkin pie recipe I used a few years back that was really good:

https://cookeatpaleo.com/paleo-pumpkin-pie/

I also love to make roasted sweet potatoes, you simply cut the potatoes into cubes throw them in a bowl drizzle a little EVOO to coat and stir. Then transfer to a cookie sheet in a single layer then sprinkle freshly ground sea salt and pepper then sprinkle pumpkin pie spice over them. Put them in the oven to bake 400 degrees until tender, they will have a little crust on them the longer you cook them. I just eyeball it.

Thank you Stephanie! I love roasted sweet potatoes and eat them every week. Haha I’m going to become a sweet potato with how many lbs I eat every week. :lol:

And that paleo pumpkin pie recipe you shared looks yummy. Thanks so much. Will report back.

Greg said he will make his famous mini apple cobblers but just has to figure out the crust. With cobbler though the crust ls less important a part than it is with his apple pie.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
We just went vegan within the last year and have been gluten free for at least 5 or 6 years now. You can easily make gluten free stuffing, check out the Minimalist Bakers, she has tons of great recipes. Cornbread stuffing is GF and instead of using eggs for binding, make a flax egg. For dessert last year we made a blueberry apple crumble on the Big Green Egg (gave it a hint of smokiness) and it was fantastic, serve it with a little Cashew Milk ice cream too!

The other sides are easy - cranberry sauce, roasted carrots, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, brussel spouts, green beens, can all be made very easily GF/DF.

We made this gravy last year (using GF flour) and it was amazing!!
https://www.veganosity.com/vegan-porcini-mushroom-gravy/

Good luck and have fun getting creative with your meals!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm doing as much of Thanksgiving gluten, dairy, soy free as possible. I have been doing dairy/soy free for the last few years. Just have to get the gluten out this year. (With a pan of traditional for my grandparents!) Will share recipes as I find.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just went vegan within the last year and have been gluten free for at least 5 or 6 years now. You can easily make gluten free stuffing, check out the Minimalist Bakers, she has tons of great recipes. Cornbread stuffing is GF and instead of using eggs for binding, make a flax egg. For dessert last year we made a blueberry apple crumble on the Big Green Egg (gave it a hint of smokiness) and it was fantastic, serve it with a little Cashew Milk ice cream too!

The other sides are easy - cranberry sauce, roasted carrots, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, brussel spouts, green beens, can all be made very easily GF/DF.

We made this gravy last year (using GF flour) and it was amazing!!
https://www.veganosity.com/vegan-porcini-mushroom-gravy/

Good luck and have fun getting creative with your meals!

Yummy. Thanks I just went through the recipes and sent some to my dh. Thank you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm doing as much of Thanksgiving gluten, dairy, soy free as possible. I have been doing dairy/soy free for the last few years. Just have to get the gluten out this year. (With a pan of traditional for my grandparents!) Will share recipes as I find.

Thank you TooPatient! And same here. I think we’re all going to have a very yummy holiday.:lickout:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of our meals are GF as our daughter has celiac disease. We do crustless pumpkin pie. Gravy is made with GF flour. Stuffing is made with GF bread, but you'd probably need a different recipe for that, as ours does use dairy to make the bread. Really, we don't miss out on anything. It all tastes just fine.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of our meals are GF as our daughter has celiac disease. We do crustless pumpkin pie. Gravy is made with GF flour. Stuffing is made with GF bread, but you'd probably need a different recipe for that, as ours does use dairy to make the bread. Really, we don't miss out on anything. It all tastes just fine.

Thanks Lyra. Glad you guys don’t miss out on anything. That’s how I’m feeling too. At first I didn’t want to inconvenience anyone as we host the holiday and I wanted our guests to enjoy the food. But then I realized there’s a lot of alternative and still yummy options available. :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Posted in a thanksgiving day thread by @Mamabean but just for completeness sake adding here. Gluten, dairy, soy free Thanksgiving day dishes...all AIP approved. So far I tasted the sweet potatoes, stuffing, brussel sprouts, onions and mushrooms but not the pumpkin pie which we won't have till dessert tonight. My dh is not happy with the way the pumpkin pie looks so stay tuned as this is just attempt 1 at a gluten and dairy free pumpkin pie.

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 2.16.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 2.16.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 2.16.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 2.15.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 2.17.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 2.17.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 2.15.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 2.15.51 PM.png

pumpkinpieglutenanddairyfree.jpg.png

I cannot lie...missing this from past Glutenous (and gluttonous hahahaha) Thanksgivings...

pumpkincheesecakebydh2013thanksgivingeve.jpg

cheesecakenovember2017.jpg

pumpkinpie.jpg

pumpkinhangingoutwithappleohsogood.jpg

My dh might attempt a gluten free apple pie this weekend so stay tuned...

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I was just introduced to this fabulous bakery in my town that only serves gluten free, dairy free and possibly egg free desserts. Their wares are absolutely amazing! If only they'd give out their recipes! The cookies are $2 each and are only medium sized but are to die for. They also have cupcakes and other desserts. We spend $50 every time we go in because my daughter requires gluten free and it's such an amazing treat for her! Your food looks so tantalizing, oh my!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results