shape
carat
color
clarity

Its between Kenmore Elite and Bosch ????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Hello: After doing some reading I have narrowed it down to those two.The Kenmore has turbo wash , time delay, china crystal cycle and very neat has a macerator so you never have to clean the filter.I asked about glass the said if its small enough to go down no problem it just gets crushed ( all stainless steel tubes) so it should not be a problem.It makes me think though?.Has 3 years parts and labour warranty.The Bosch on the other side has half load cycle, filter and glass trap ,no time delay ( I never had this option so I am not sure how important it may be? Warranty is one year on labour and 2 years parts.Both are stainless tub and white cabinet.Kenmore is 100 less.Any last moment suggestions? from anyone who used them would be great.According to consumer reports Kemnore has fewer repairs ( made by Whirlpool for Sears) Please give me some more tips.Thanks a lot.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
If you go with the Bosch, make sure you have a local repair person. I have the Bosch front loader and I have to pay extra travel expenses because there is only one company that works on Bosch and they are on the other side of the county.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
I actually like the delay feature. I can load the dishes after dinner, add detergent, set the delay, and the dishes wash in the middle of the night while I''m asleep. If more dishes pile up between dinner and bedtime, I just throw those in as well before going to bed.

Delay is great too if you want to wash dishes while your out running errands or at work. Load, set, and Go. Clean dishes when you get back home.

I''ve only ever had Kenmore until living in this Condo. Kenmores were already in every house we bought. I only ever had to buy 1 dishwasher myself. At that, the one I was replacing was an 18 year old Kenmore. I replaced it with another Kenmore because we had an appliance service depot near us. Never had to call them. Never had any trouble with the dishwasher.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your help.I am talking dishwasher here I guess I should have put that in.Thanks for explaining so nicely about the timer, I never had one.Kenmore dishwasher has also turbo zone 2 and I kind of like that no filer needs cleaning, but I wonder about the glass he said no problem.I guess they give you 3 years warranty, so must not be an issue..Thanks , we are buying tomorrow ,,,still have time to think and decide but from what I have been reading Kenmore has less repairs..Thanks..

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Will have to go with Bosch ( decision was made for me) Kenmore is a bit higher and won''t fit in space...Any wisdom on buying extended warranty? Cost is $160 for 5 years?

BarbM

Rough_Rock
You are going to love your Bosch.....check to see what is excluded in the extended warranty. Are the call traveling costs for the repair man covered?

Barabara

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love my Bosch--didn''t buy the extended warrenty.

cheers--Sharon

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I have a bosch and love it. Its so quiet! The prevous owners put it in before they put the house on the market so it was brand new when we got it.

When we first moved it, I though it was not working becuase its SOOOO quiet . And it does a great job. I mean whisper quiet . Its amazing. I love that its stainless steel inside.

I think you will be happy with your purchase.

After my front loading washer from Kenmore- the most expensive high end model that had mold problems and is less than 2 years old, I would hesitate to buy Kenmore again.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Bosch, installed ''99.

I have called a repairman once.
One thing I am noticing is it is
getting louder. Not sure why.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Many thanks to all.Will be getting my Bosch dishwasher mid March ( can hardly wait) We got sxh 46 Integra 500 series.Yes travel time is included in extended warranty.Will let you know how it works..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results