shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s being to look a lot like....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gr8fulDave

Rough_Rock
that special time.
30.gif

Well, almost all the pieces are in place and I would appreciate some feedback on my idea. My intended will be away on a business trip next week and she will be using off-site airport parking. My plan is to go to her car shortly before her flight lands and fill it flowers and balloons that say "Will You Marry Me." I''m also going to put a little scrapbook together with brochures of places we''ve been and things we have done, menus where we''ve eaten, ticket stubs/pictures of bands whose concerts we''ve seen, photos of us, etc.

My only concern is that a parking lot is not the most romantic place in the world to get engaged.
7.gif
I guess I could do the same thing in the house but the element of surprise will probably not be the same. A friend of hers flew in late in the evening to the airport once and her husband drove there and surprised her and my intended thought that it was so sweet.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

tickintime

Rough_Rock
Parking lot....not so romantic.

Alright here is my idea. You go to her car and leave a single rose with a note attached saying "meet me at my house" (presuming you DO NOT live together) (if you do..."can't wait to see you at home" or something to that effect will work too.)

Have the house clean, clean it again, and once more
9.gif
9.gif
!!!

She walks in and you are cooking dinner (lunch, breakfast, whatever meal corresponds to her arrival time.) She will wonder what is going on, you say something to the effect of you missed her and wanted to make her dinner so she could relax after her flight. Send her to go get a shower, you finish setting out the candles, flowers, etc. Eat dinner and have your Q&A after dinner. Maybe ask her in the house or on a nice walk (check the weather.)

Browse the LIW, SMTR, and Proposal Ideas and you will see that some of the more romantic proposals have a aura of simplicity to them.

Do something special to YOU TWO and make it genuine and thought out and that is all that really matters.

ETA: The scrap book is a classic idea! Missed that part when I first read your post.

Gr8fulDave

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your response. I like the vast majority of it but I think that leaving a note on her car will be a dead giveaway that the proposal is imminent. We shopped for the setting together and I have already purchased it so she obviously knows that the proposal is forthcoming. Because there has been so little of the "surprise" element so far, that''s why I thought of my original idea.

Thanks again.

Gr8fulDave

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/10/2008 12:31:06 PM
Author: tickintime
Parking lot....not so romantic.

Alright here is my idea. You go to her car and leave a single rose with a note attached saying ''meet me at my house'' (presuming you DO NOT live together) (if you do...''can''t wait to see you at home'' or something to that effect will work too.)

Have the house clean, clean it again, and once more
9.gif
9.gif
!!!

She walks in and you are cooking dinner (lunch, breakfast, whatever meal corresponds to her arrival time.) She will wonder what is going on, you say something to the effect of you missed her and wanted to make her dinner so she could relax after her flight. Send her to go get a shower, you finish setting out the candles, flowers, etc. Eat dinner and have your Q&A after dinner. Maybe ask her in the house or on a nice walk (check the weather.)

Browse the LIW, SMTR, and Proposal Ideas and you will see that some of the more romantic proposals have a aura of simplicity to them.

Do something special to YOU TWO and make it genuine and thought out and that is all that really matters.

ETA: The scrap book is a classic idea! Missed that part when I first read your post.

How about if I combine our ideas, i.e., I''ll leave the balloons and flowers in the car but will then go home and follow your scenario. That way, I could officially propose and give her the ring at home instead of on the parking lot. The surprise will have to be the flowers and balloons waiting in the car for her.

krispi

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another idea altogether - what if you surprised her in the airport, before you even get out to the car? I had a business trip back in September, and my BF had agreed to come pick me up. I told him I would call him when I got to baggage claim so he could just pick me up curbside, and we could be on our way home. Well, he decided to surprise me in the airport instead. He made a huge sign with my name printed on it and was standing at the entrance to baggage claim, where all the limo drivers and such stand. It was so cute! He obviously didn''t propose that day, but it was still a great idea, and a huge surprise that I wasn''t expecting at all.

Gr8fulDave

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/10/2008 2:33:01 PM
Author: krispi
Here''s another idea altogether - what if you surprised her in the airport, before you even get out to the car? I had a business trip back in September, and my BF had agreed to come pick me up. I told him I would call him when I got to baggage claim so he could just pick me up curbside, and we could be on our way home. Well, he decided to surprise me in the airport instead. He made a huge sign with my name printed on it and was standing at the entrance to baggage claim, where all the limo drivers and such stand. It was so cute! He obviously didn''t propose that day, but it was still a great idea, and a huge surprise that I wasn''t expecting at all.

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I am a somewhat private person and would prefer not to propose in public.

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Ummmmm.....Isn''t the parking lot also a public place?

I like your idea of combining the 2 ideas and doing the flowers/balloons in the car but then proposing at home. Just find something that means something to both of you. My SO''s sister and her now FI played this word game on the internet all the time so he (being a computer savvy guy) wrote a program to look just like the game and set it up for her to play it so that no matter what the answer came up "Marry Me." Then when that part of the game was complete it said "look under the couch" and that''s where the ring was. The whole story is so cute and so them. Maybe that will give you an idea.

Gr8fulDave

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/10/2008 5:55:42 PM
Author: KCCutie
Ummmmm.....Isn''t the parking lot also a public place? ......

Well, yes, but it does not have nearly the number of people that the airport has, especially since it is a small, private off-site parking lot.

Thanks for your input and advice.

nolimits

Rough_Rock
If you could propose in public, it would be romantic to alert the airport what you are doing and somehow coordinate so the flight crew makes her the last person out of the plane. As she comes out of the terminal, all the passengers could give her a single stem rose and you could have a path of rose petals leading to you where you are plunked down on 1 knee....obviously some meaningful words and the proposal comes next.

tickintime

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/11/2008 10:39:11 AM
Author: nolimits
If you could propose in public, it would be romantic to alert the airport what you are doing and somehow coordinate so the flight crew makes her the last person out of the plane. As she comes out of the terminal, all the passengers could give her a single stem rose and you could have a path of rose petals leading to you where you are plunked down on 1 knee....obviously some meaningful words and the proposal comes next.

Wowzers!! Lets hope she isn''t flying in on a 747 (400+ passangers) or an Airbus (up to 850 passangers!!) That is a lot of roses
23.gif
and a mountain of rose petals!!
22.gif

Besides, with the state of the world today, I am not sure that you could get that close and have that much cooperation from the airport. They only know one word these days: Terrorism. It is a sad truth that must be kept in mind.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2008 1:56:38 PM
Author: Gr8fulDave
How about if I combine our ideas, i.e., I''ll leave the balloons and flowers in the car but will then go home and follow your scenario. That way, I could officially propose and give her the ring at home instead of on the parking lot. The surprise will have to be the flowers and balloons waiting in the car for her.
I like this idea, but just be warned that balloons in the car while you''re driving can be quite a nuisance. A few would be fine, but if you''re thinking a dozen, I''d try to steer you away from that idea.
1.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
nolimits, he''s already said he doesn''t want to propose in public...

Date: 3/10/2008 10:27:01 AM
Author:Gr8fulDave

My only concern is that a parking lot is not the most romantic place in the world to get engaged.
7.gif
I guess I could do the same thing in the house but the element of surprise will probably not be the same. A friend of hers flew in late in the evening to the airport once and her husband drove there and surprised her and my intended thought that it was so sweet.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
I''m sure your GF will be on high alert hoping for a proposal if she has already flagged to you that she thought her friend''s husband was so sweet to do this... how about meeting her in the airport with a single rose and then taking her home, letting her relax while you rustle up dinner, and then proposing over / after the romantic dinner when she''s all de-stressed and loved-up?

Honestly, sometimes simplicity is the very best thing. Sometimes the most romantic proposal stories I''ve read over on the LIW forum have been the most simple and quiet and intimate ones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results