shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s been a crazy few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, these past few weeks have been crazy, but now my exams are over and we''ve moved back to Charleston. We still have everything laying around in boxes but we''ll get around to that. And I happened to walk into Hollister the other day and they asked if I was looking for a job. I had an interview today and she said she''d call me by Tuesday. It''s perfect because I can dress how I always do and wear flip flops to work. I really hope I get it.
9.gif

Anyone else job hunting right now? I know some of you were moving and had exams too, how''d everything go?

I have a funny story, too. So, I don''t know if any of you remember the thread where I found my diamond doesnt meet new AGS ideal standards even though its graded "ideal." Anyway, I started noticed a huge dark spot near the center and it just didn''t sparkle how I''d hoped. I thought it was just because the newness of it had worn off or because it wasn''t really ideal. Well, I got it cleaned and inspected last week and it was like getting a whole new ring. It almost blinded me and Pete when we got it back. I feel so dumb for not realizing it was just dirty.
20.gif
Anyway, it convinced Peter to get me an ultrasonic so we''ve been looking around for one. Any recommendations for a good, but not too expensive one?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s nice to hear from you again xchick!
1.gif
I hope you get the job at Hollister--sounds like it''s right up your alley and will be really fun! (I was in retail for most of my late teens and 20''s.) Just don''t spend your whole paycheck--it''s tough when you''re in the environment every day not to bring home something every time you work, lol! My husband finally put his foot down with me, but then I just started "hiding" the bags in my trunk, hee hee.
11.gif

I''m happy to hear you got your diamond cleaned and you have peace of mind now. I remember that thread you posted. My recommendation for US cleaner would be the Sharper Image one...do a search for ultrasonic cleaners and you''ll find a really long one (like 16 pages long, ha ha). I think it''s in the shopping forum. Anyway, I got mine re-conditioned from ebay and am very happy with it since I got it a few months ago. It really does work wonders--you won''t want to leave the house without cleaning your rings first once you get an ultrasonic!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yah for the potential job! I hope you can still make it to our GTG though.....I LOVE my sharper image one. I got it on ebay (their site) I think it was under $40, not sure and well worth it. Actually it is too strong for me e-ring. I lost a melee in it so I am shell shocked and too scared to use it.
15.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where is the Hollister store? We go to Wild Dunes about 3 times a year and I love the shopping center in Mt. Pleasant! If it is there, I''ll come in to see you when we are there in June!

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Hollister is in the West Ashley part of Charleston in Citadel Mall. I''m getting kind of bummed though because she still hasn''t called me. Oh well, I might get a job at a doggie daycare if this one falls through.

We saw the Sharper Image one but its $100 and I''m not sure I want to spend that when I really only need to clean like 3 things.

You mean the Town Center in Mt. P? I love it there, there''s just so many nice stores there and ice cream places and stuff. Its really convenient and great for a girl''s day out.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got the Sharper Image on eBay for $40....as did about 20 other gals on here, there''s a thread on it in Shopping I think.

I SWEAR by mine. Honestly hand cleaning JUST DOES NOT do it for me at all anymore. Two days without cleaning my stone and I am going insane. So I clean it daily in there or try to. I boil the water in the microwave and then add Mr Clean and let it go to town. Best $40 I EVER spent.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results