shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s been 40 years since the lunar landing.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
does anyone think it was a hoax?
3.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
My sister''s boyfriend swears it was a hoax. In fact, they were over for Christmas dinner and he was going on about it. I sent them home with leftovers and the copy of Success magazine in which I had just been featured.

My sister recently told me [we revisit the subject of this particular belief of his periodically - LOL!] that when they got home he read the article and saw that in one of my prior incarnations I had been an aeronautical engineer [aka rocket scientist
9.gif
]. He sheepishly said "Oops, I probably picked the wrong person to try to convince that they had never landed on the moon." LOL!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 8:57:14 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
My sister''s boyfriend swears it was a hoax. In fact, they were over for Christmas dinner and he was going on about it. I sent them home with leftovers and the copy of Success magazine in which I had just been featured.

My sister recently told me [we revisit the subject of this particular belief of his periodically - LOL!] that when they got home he read the article and saw that in one of my prior incarnations I had been an aeronautical engineer [aka rocket scientist
9.gif
]. He sheepishly said ''Oops, I probably picked the wrong person to try to convince that they had never landed on the moon.'' LOL!
LOL DB! I am always amazed at how strongly people believe one way or another, and will argue it at any expense!!

I was just reading how NASA employed 400,000 people during the Apollo program and how six apollo missions landed on the moon.
34.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I was at MIT Draper Lab [albeit after the Apollo program] where they did a lot of the work for the program. I have some friends who worked on it.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 9:08:46 PM
I was at MIT Draper Lab [albeit after the Apollo program] where they did a lot of the work for the program. I have some friends who worked on it.
It''s hard to believe it''s been 40 years!! I wonder why no one has gone back?

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 9:13:18 PM
Author: hlmr

Don''t get me started . . .
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 9:20:10 PM

Date: 7/20/2009 9:13:18 PM
Author: hlmr

Don''t get me started . . .
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
I''ll bet you could tell some very interesting stories!!
2.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was a kid our next door neighbor was a NASA geologist who helped design the lunar landing module... the had to make educated guesses about what sort of surface they''d be landing in or on, and design the landing gear based on those guesses. I got to hold a rock brought back from one of the missions! So no, I''m not in the hoax camp!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hmmm, maybe Michael Stipe?
2.gif

The DH talks about this all the time and how "ridiculous" the suggestion is. Hey--he is an Eningeer!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 9:48:23 PM
Author: VRBeauty
When I was a kid our next door neighbor was a NASA geologist who helped design the lunar landing module... the had to make educated guesses about what sort of surface they'd be landing in or on, and design the landing gear based on those guesses. I got to hold a rock brought back from one of the missions! So no, I'm not in the hoax camp!
Owen Maynard? I was reading about him this morning. He designed the lunar module "eagle", piloted by Buzz.

That's very cool that you got to hold a moon rock!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 10:02:29 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Hmmm, maybe Michael Stipe?
2.gif

The DH talks about this all the time and how ''ridiculous'' the suggestion is. Hey--he is an Eningeer!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon
LOL, mine too! But, I love to argue with him.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results