shape
carat
color
clarity

It's already starting.... Abortion Ban

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohio State House has approved a bill to ban abortions once a fetal heartbeat is detected. The only exception is if the mothers life is endangered and NOT in cases of rape or incest. The bill has now been passed on Governer Kasich for his approval. Unflipping believeable.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess it's time to start making donations to Planned Parenthood in Kashich's name and making sure he gets the thank you letters. If enough of them go out, especially from the people of Ohio, perhaps he'll get the message that voters pay attention to these things.

Governor John Kasich
Riffe Center, 30th Floor
77 South High Street
Columbus, OH 43215-6117
Phone: (614) 466-3555

Boy, this election cycle has been a very good thing for Planned Parenthood's coffers -- I'm thrilled they are receiving additional funds (although obviously not thrilled that it had to come in this way... ).

And yes (Ruby), I know full well that Kasich is not going to receive any of these thank you notes personally, but hopefully the sheer number of donations made in his name with be newsworthy, just like all the ones made in Pence's name.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This makes me sick to my stomach....I feel like this is just the beginning of women's rights to choose being chipped away. Definitely time to send some donations to PP :)

EDIT: I set up recurring monthly donations in "honor" of Kasich. This is satisfying on many levels: donating to a cause I believe in, while simultaneously rubbing in someone's face that their actions caused me to donate money to an organization they fight against. MUAHAHAHAHA! I am always and forever a "nasty woman".

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1481130524|4105388 said:
I guess it's time to start making donations to Planned Parenthood in Kashich's name and making sure he gets the thank you letters. If enough of them go out, especially from the people of Ohio, perhaps he'll get the message that voters pay attention to these things.

Governor John Kasich
Riffe Center, 30th Floor
77 South High Street
Columbus, OH 43215-6117

Boy, this election cycle has been a very good thing for Planned Parenthood's coffers -- I'm thrilled they are receiving additional funds (although obviously not thrilled that it had to come in this way... ).

And yes (Ruby), I know full well that Kasich is not going to receive any of these thank you notes personally, but hopefully the sheer number of donations made in his name with be newsworthy, just like all the ones made in Pence's name.

You can give daily donations to Planned Parenthood if that is what you want.

As far as it being newsworthy, if it were the worst thing to happen in this world I would be happy. But considering what is occurring daily, I doubt it.

And to be perfectly clear, I mean the worst thing that this governor is being deluged by unwanted mail.

I am not referring to abortions. On that imo it is a decision a woman makes with her doctor.

But if it helps you cope better go for it.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
:errrr: :nono: :nono:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Dee Jay. Now I don't need to look up the address for Governor Kasich. I definitely plan on making another Planned Parenthood donation.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know that all these anti-women's-healthcare politicians, THEIR wives and daughters all get their healthcare without any controlling parameters around it. Oh no, restrictions and requirements and illegalities, those are for poor and middle class women.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1481138709|4105421 said:
Thank you Dee Jay. Now I don't need to look up the address for Governor Kasich. I definitely plan on making another Planned Parenthood donation.

This exactly. These laws are just for us second class citizens not for the families of these very important politicians.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful time to be a woman.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1481140863|4105431 said:
What a wonderful time to be a woman.

I couldn't agree more Elliott. The next four years are going to be down right scary!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
It's revolting. I feel sickened by what is happening on a daily basis. Honestly, it's affecting my mental health. That's a big reason I haven't been posting much lately. Just so disheartened in general.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1481142125|4105438 said:
It's revolting. I feel sickened by what is happening on a daily basis. Honestly, it's affecting my mental health. That's a big reason I haven't been posting much lately. Just so disheartened in general.

I 100% could have written this. I feel like the second I "forget" about the BS going on (because I'm distracted at work, watching tv, etc), something else happens to snap me back into the ugly reality. I feel almost paralyzing depression/hopelessness if I think about it for too long.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1481142249|4105440 said:

I 100% could have written this. I feel like the second I "forget" about the BS going on (because I'm distracted at work, watching tv, etc), something else happens to snap me back into the ugly reality. I feel almost paralyzing depression/hopelessness if I think about it for too long.

Oh Lovedogs...I'm sorry you feel this way too, and yes that's exactly how I feel!! I know there are many of us out there. Many, many, many. I think knowing that (and reading posts like yours, which commiserate) helps a tiny bit.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1481142773|4105441 said:

Oh Lovedogs...I'm sorry you feel this way too, and yes that's exactly how I feel!! I know there are many of us out there. Many, many, many. I think knowing that (and reading posts like yours, which commiserate) helps a tiny bit.

Whew, I thought I was alone in feeling this way. I feel as though women are going back to being second class citizens.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Calliecake|1481142992|4105442 said:

Whew, I thought I was alone in feeling this way. I feel as though women are going back to being second class citizens.

Callie, no doubt the right is trying to make it happen. I'm doing my best to help the future by raising two boys to be as loud about shouting for women's rights and general equality as possible. They give me hope.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

+1

I'm a man.
But, +1

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a hill I want to die on. There are many more important issues like jobs, economy, security that are at the top of my list so I do not want to debate the issue. IMO - there should be a point at which an abortion cannot be performed - the delivery and stabbing of a baby's head with a sharp instrument when it could survive is absolutely disgusting.

ETA - This article says Kasich has voiced doubts the bill in the past due to legal problems it will have.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/12/07/ohio-heartbeat-bill-abortion-ban/95082322/

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. We heard my daughter's heartbeat at my first OB appointment (6.5 weeks). I believe in reproductive rights. Outlawing abortions will never stop women from getting them. It will only create higher risk.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1481148791|4105461 said:

+1

I'm a man.
But, +1

+100%. I'm working on an asylum application right now, and I am really worried that the applicant and her daughter will not be granted asylum. Its one thing to have me and my rights on my mind, but another thing altogether to feel responsible (both as her attorney and also as an American) for another person, even though the outcome of the application is out of my control.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IndyLady|1481165174|4105527 said:
kenny|1481148791|4105461 said:

+1

I'm a man.
But, +1

+100%. I'm working on an asylum application right now, and I am really worried that the applicant and her daughter will not be granted asylum. Its one thing to have me and my rights on my mind, but another thing altogether to feel responsible (both as her attorney and also as an American) for another person, even though the outcome of the application is out of my control.

IndyLady,

You must have been very reticent about being an attorney. I have loved you for many years, yet never realized that you were one (something I usually note about posters who are). Why haven't you mentioned it more often...or at all?

Deb,
your biggest fan :wavey:

PS-Sorry not to address the issue of the thread. I am too depressed to do so.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1481163411|4105520 said:
Not a hill I want to die on. There are many more important issues like jobs, economy, security that are at the top of my list so I do not want to debate the issue. IMO - there should be a point at which an abortion cannot be performed - the delivery and stabbing of a baby's head with a sharp instrument when it could survive is absolutely disgusting.

ETA - This article says Kasich has voiced doubts the bill in the past due to legal problems it will have.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/12/07/ohio-heartbeat-bill-abortion-ban/95082322/

If this bill is passed that point could be before a woman even realizes she's pregnant.

As for "the delivery and stabbing of a baby's head with a sharp instrument when it could survive is absolutely disgusting," what has that got to do with the issue at hand?

Late term abortions are extremely rare and when they do occur it is almost always because of fetal abnormalities. When that is not the case, it is usually because of legislative or financial roadblocks that prevent access to safe abortion.

Oh, I see you do not wish to debate the issue. I guess you just wanted to write a gory sentence for the hell of it then?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1481170621|4105546 said:
If this bill is passed that point could be before a woman even realizes she's pregnant.

if this bill is passed it will still be effing unconstitutional and should be defied. It will be effing illegal and no one should pay it any effing heed.

Maybe if there is civil disobedience and no one obeys the so-called laws that are not constitutional, Trumpland will get the effing message that we won't quit.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1481170991|4105549 said:

if this bill is passed it will still be effing unconstitutional and should be defied. It will be effing illegal and no one should pay it any effing heed.

Maybe if there is civil disobedience and no one obeys the so-called laws that are not constitutional, Trumpland will get the effing message that we won't quit.

Deb, I love you very very much, and have from the first moment I "met" you. And in this moment I love you more than ever.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Red,

Partial birth abortions were outlawed by GW Bush. People use them now as fear tactics for those who already hate abortion. There is no such thing as an abortion where the child can survive outside of the womb. That is a live birth and an adoption would ensue.

Edit: or the mother would take the child home....

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1481171733|4105552 said:

Hi Red,

Partial birth abortions were outlawed by GW Bush. People use them now as fear tactics for those who already hate abortion. There is no such thing as an abortion where the child can survive outside of the womb. That is a live birth and an adoption would ensue.

House Cat, kudos to you my friend for addressing this absurd post in such a calm and dignified manner. Thank you for presenting *facts."

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1481135548|4105409 said:

Governor John Kasich
Riffe Center, 30th Floor
77 South High Street
Columbus, OH 43215-6117

As far as it being newsworthy, if it were the worst thing to happen in this world I would be happy. But considering what is occurring daily, I doubt it.

And to be perfectly clear, I mean the worst thing that this governor is being deluged by unwanted mail.

I am not referring to abortions. On that imo it is a decision a woman makes with her doctor.

Ruby, thank you ever so much for giving me permission to "cope" in whatever way I feel appropriate. :rolleyes:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I love you in all posts, but those last 2 were particularly enjoyable. Redwood: I know we have differing opinions, but I always have tried to be respectful (and you have done the same). But I take issue with your claim
the delivery and stabbing of a baby's head with a sharp instrument when it could survive is absolutely disgusting.
. That reads like something out of fiction--that isn't something that happens.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1481171651|4105551 said:
AGBF|1481170991|4105549 said:

Deb, I love you very very much, and have from the first moment I "met" you. And in this moment I love you more than ever.

+1
I've been waiting for Deb to weigh in on this all day. I feel exactly as DeeJay does Deb, I love you!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1481172008|4105554 said:

Governor John Kasich
Riffe Center, 30th Floor
77 South High Street
Columbus, OH 43215-6117

Ruby, thank you ever so much for giving me permission to "cope" in whatever way I feel appropriate. :rolleyes:

When you specifically call some one out by screen name in a post, you should expect a response.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1481174040|4105562 said:
Dee*Jay|1481172008|4105554 said:

Governor John Kasich
Riffe Center, 30th Floor
77 South High Street
Columbus, OH 43215-6117

When you specifically call some one out by screen name in a post, you should expect a response.

Oh don't you worry Rub, I knew you'd respond to my post whether I called you out by name or not.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results