shape
carat
color
clarity

Its almost Halloweenie!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no and lol. We have had about 12 trick or treaters so far. But Greg is too generous and gave each kid like 10-15 mini bars (this was at 4pm) and I’m like we have no idea how many kids will come. What if we run out. Lol he said we’re not going to run out. Hope you don’t run out either Joanne. Fingers crossed!

I never saw that movie. Will check it out. Thanks for the recommendation.
It’s a kid movie but I feel like a kid in an old body! It’s really cute. Bette Midler is in it and I love her!
I’m going to turn off the outside light around 8:30...Is that too early?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a kid movie but I feel like a kid in an old body! It’s really cute. Bette Midler is in it and I love her!
I’m going to turn off the outside light around 8:30...Is that too early?

Nope not too early at all Joanne. Go ahead and shut off your front porch light. In fact Greg told me he thinks kids trick or treat much earlier than when we were kids and that once the sun sets no one even goes out trick or treating (by us) which was news to me. And seems like we are done now and he was right. Didn't run out of candy. Not even close.

I mean in the suburbs it's dark once the sun sets. The street lamps are few and far between though we have lights on at our property. Without those it's so dark you cannot see a thing. Very different than an urban environment where there's ambient light everywhere.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Waiting until it was dark was the best part :(sad

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope not too early at all Joanne. Go ahead and shut off your front porch light. In fact Greg told me he thinks kids trick or treat much earlier than when we were kids and that once the sun sets no one even goes out trick or treating (by us) which was news to me. And seems like we are done now and he was right. Didn't run out of candy. Not even close.

I mean in the suburbs it's dark once the sun sets. The street lamps are few and far between though we have lights on at our property. Without those it's so dark you cannot see a thing. Very different than an urban environment where there's ambient light everywhere.
Sounds good to me! We don’t have street lights...Our street is really dark...
Greg does know everything! He is Google! Haha

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We only had 10 kids. We gave the last two kids a bag of Twix and a bag of Hersey bars. I’ve got 8 bags of candy left. Do you need some @Mamabean?

Reactions: BMI

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
33 degrees and snowing plus windy tonight for trick or treating, so I did what my mother used to do and drove my little ghoul to friends homes. We had a grand time visiting and she didn’t give a whit that we weren’t out tromping around our neighborhood actually “working” for her treats.
I left the porch light on and a bucket of preassembled great bags with candy, stickers, those tacky little spider rings, and erasers. Next year I’ve decided to leave packages of glow sticks out. No matter how much or how little candy I leave out, it never runs out and I’m tired of then having to donate it to Krampus. Do you all have Krampus in December? We do; it’s creepy but wow the kids here LOVE it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds good to me! We don’t have street lights...Our street is really dark...
Greg does know everything! He is Google! Haha

Haha he always says that to me..."what am I google" :lol:

How did it go @Mamabean ? Did you get any more trick or treaters? I was surprised we didn't get more but glad we had at least some.
@missy Waiting until it was dark was the best part :(sad

I know, right? Oh well, things change. I am sure in other areas of the country kids wait til dark but here everyone was done trick or treating before sunset. Greg was (as usual) right. Did you get a lot of trick or treaters @Wewechew ?

My nieces didn't go out until dark (they are located in Long Island NY) but that's because my sister and her dh worked all day and couldn't get home before dark. I will have to ask her if there were other kids trick or treating when it was dark last night.

bethanyalexahalloween2019.jpeg

Vampire cat and Crayon.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy Your nieces are adorable! They are growing so fast!
No one else came...I did notice that they started coming out in bunches once it got dark. I had ten in a bunch once! The parents also had bags. It looks like families came in cars!
I’m turning all the candy over to my mom now!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy We turn off our porch light and don't participate in handing out candy because of our four dogs :( However, I can confirm that our street did have Trick or Treaters after dark.

We ordered pizza last night for delivery. In case anyone is curious, Halloween night is not the night to order pizza. It took an hour and a half to arrive, plus my husband kept having to go out to see if the car lights in our windows were from the pizza delivery guy, or parents of Trick or Treaters. During one of his trips outside, DH got cornered by a little girl and had to explain that we were not handing out candy. Poor girl, although I couldn't stop laughing at the picture of my husband trying to explain to this little girl why we didn't have any candy for her and why he was hanging out outside in the dark.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was pretty freaking hot last night but thankfully there was a breeze...ugh!! The kids dried up about 9pm I had about 30 -40 kids and thats only because the neighborhood adjacent ours across the bridge actually was wall to wall kids. So we got some spill over especially when many found out that we had great candy....lol Most of my house adjacent neighbors bought big bars.

Dark sky neighborhoods suffer a little bit because we do love to see the skies a bit more and have less light pollution. For some that equates maybe a little creepy....lol *more than a few parents exclaimed they were surprised by how nice it was over here* Happy to report, not too much made it in my mouth (I had a couple of chico stix!! :lol: )

@Wewechew my dog dosen't really like to participate either. Plus, its florida, a holiday, and some idiot thought it would be amazing to let off fireworks. So she stayed inside. As it was in the 80's I set up in the driveway to give candy out so no kids have to even come to the front door.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve never heard of Krampus. What is it @monarch64 ?

It's very silly!
Here's a brief synopsis: https://www.visitbloomington.com/listing/krampus-night/1715/

"Krampus Night a celebratory, evening, winter parade. This Alpine cultural tradition promotes a playful and engaging morality tale of accountability, encouraging good behavior and discouraging bad behavior. The parade takes place in early December, along Morton Street (between 3rd and 7th Streets).
Angels lead the parade, giving "Naughty" and "Nice" stickers for all to self-identify. Saint Nicholas then follows with the feisty Krampus under his control. Saint Nicolas gives treats to the "nice" children, while the Krampus give a playful scare to the "naughty" ones. The night is filled with cheers of joy, and a few squeals of fear. It's a unique and fun event for all ages, with spectators deciding their own level of engagement with the Krampus. Special activities precede the parade at the Showers Common.
"Perhaps the best Krampus event currently held in the United States takes place in Bloomington, Indiana...The time they put into event planning and costuming is evident and they currently set the bar for American Krampus celebrations." - Dangerous Minds"

krampus.jpg

krampus2.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy We turn off our porch light and don't participate in handing out candy because of our four dogs :( However, I can confirm that our street did have Trick or Treaters after dark.

During one of his trips outside, DH got cornered by a little girl and had to explain that we were not handing out candy. Poor girl, although I couldn't stop laughing at the picture of my husband trying to explain to this little girl why we didn't have any candy for her and why he was hanging out outside in the dark.

In our Brooklyn apartment there is a sign up sheet and whoever wants to participate in Halloween signs up and there is a time frame you can choose as well. Much more civilized (IMO) than random kids ringing your bell at any time of day or night. I much prefer controlled Halloween in NYC vs the beach house LOL. And I feel your and your dh's pain. Our cats are terrified of everyone so when the bell rings they all (but for Fred as he isn't very mobile poor darling) scatter. Glad Halloween is over.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our Hallowsgiving feast turned out great!

BD8AF49F-01AB-4052-AAA4-692C6743D3C5.jpeg 46279C67-D7BA-4E63-B379-D7999746E8F0.jpeg E3E69436-1B29-4544-B731-7A8B3F9D5E95.jpeg
That stuffing head creeps me out because it looks like a real dead head...but everything else looks yummy! Ooooh intestines! Hahaha! It looks lot a fun time!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results